What's new

TJ Maxx find

I got a Men's Own Shaving and cleansing foam for $2 as a 5oz from Marshall's and they are selling AOS peppermint shave cream like its candy! Also got a proraso blue from Burlington on clearance for $2! I'm set on shaving creams but I think I'll use the basic ones (men's grooming and proraso) to practice my lathering.

Attachments

• 15782070717302138460532840734073.jpg
    15782070717302138460532840734073.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Found a AoS sandalwood puck in the teak container at a Burlington with no marked price. The manager decided to charge me $3 + tax. However, there was absolutely nothing else worthwhile, and the nearest TJ Maxx was also a complete bust!

Right now in town Burlington T.J. Max and Ross are all busts when it comes to shave gear. Marshalls had a ton of stuff yesterday. Including AOS pucks, and cream. Proraso and some of the cheap DE tech clone looking razors and aftershaves.

I had been visiting my parents over the weekend, which enabled me to check out a few places in their area. Like when I scored that $5 Merkur 34C I posted about yesterday.

I came back to my house today, but checked out two more stores on my way out of the Middletown/Dayton area.

First was a T.J. Maxx a couple miles due south of the Dayton Mall. Slim pickings. They did have a Muhle R106 model razor there for about $35. But I took a pass.

Next was a Marshalls in Centerville, just off an I-675 exit. Here I bought a tube of Ben Sherman sandalwood shave cream and a tube of Cremo Creme Reserve Blend (in the black tube).

That should do it for awhile, I think.

Found a AoS sandalwood puck in the teak container at a Burlington with no marked price. The manager decided to charge me $3 + tax. However, there was absolutely nothing else worthwhile, and the nearest TJ Maxx was also a complete bust!
Awe man I'm hoping to find Sandalwood or unscented at best! Lucky!

Awe man I'm hoping to find Sandalwood or unscented at best! Lucky!

With no box, I don't know how old it is, and if it is even viable. I also looked at a Marshall's, where they had the Muehle R106 with the black handle for $35, and the R89 with the sad AoS handle for $20, but I passed on both. I did pick up a AoS peppermint cream for $10+tax. They had another peppermint and, for $8, a eucalyptus cream but it seemed to have been opened previously. However, what I really want are the travel tubs or regular tubs of Proraso, but there were none in sight.

With no box, I don't know how old it is, and if it is even viable. I also looked at a Marshall's, where they had the Muehle R106 with the black handle for $35, and the R89 with the sad AoS handle for $20, but I passed on both. I did pick up a AoS peppermint cream for $10+tax. They had another peppermint and, for $8, a eucalyptus cream but it seemed to have been opened previously. However, what I really want are the travel tubs or regular tubs of Proraso, but there were none in sight.
Keep looking I have gotten several tubs of proraso from Marshall for around 2.99 and was in a neighboring town the other day and they had travel tubs and the regular tubs of proraso at a tj maxx

Saw a Muhle R89 for $24.99 but didn’t buy. They also had some small travel Proraso shave gel for $3 which I haven’t seen before but wasn’t interested. They usually have entire tubes for tbe same price. But still fun to browse once a month a so.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a Muhle R89 for $24.99 but didn’t buy. They also had some small travel Proraso shave gel for $3 which I haven’t seen before but wasn’t interested. They usually have entire tubes for tbe same price. But still fun to browse once a month a so.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Was that gel or was it their styptic gel tube.

Ah good question. Should have taken a photo. Could very well have been. I didn’t know they made one.

Ok just browsed and found it on Italian Barber. It was indeed their styptic gel. Nice call. Maybe I should try it. Never used one before.

Ok just browsed and found it on Italian Barber. It was indeed their styptic gel. Nice call. Maybe I should try it. Never used one before.

I have read a couple posts about it and people said it didn't really work for them. I'm not sure if it does or not. Have not heard really anyone talking about it. Maybe just two people. Get it and do a review on it.

I have read a couple posts about it and people said it didn't really work for them. I'm not sure if it does or not. Have not heard really anyone talking about it. Maybe just two people. Get it and do a review on it.
I think I will. Never used anything alum related.

proxy.php
proxy.php

this does not look like an authentic Muhle R89 handle, looks more like a Q Brother double edge 3 piece razor, jm2c

I think I will. Never used anything alum related.

Ok so stopped by the store and picked up what I now know is their styptic gel for $3. Will try it next time I nick myself.

Also picked up a tub of the white soap for only $1. It’s the least appealing of their scents to me, but hey, for only a buck I’ll try it. I’m sure the performance will be on par with their other soaps and creams.

Honestly, if you’re happy with the performance from the Proraso line, which I am totally fine with, you can seriously stock up for cheap at places like TJ Maxx, Marshal’s, and Burlington. Now, when are they going to make a tub of soap and an after shave for the Blue?! [emoji16]

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Liked the peppermint so much, I picked up a Eucalyptus also for $5. Don’t know why the Eucalyptus would be $5 cheaper but hey, I’ll try this also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
I picked up a Muhle R89 for $15 at TJ Maxx with a couple clearance stickers on it. The box had a bit of damage, but the razor looked fine. This will be a gift for my dad, who's been asking for a new razor as he's starting to get nervous about using his birth year super speed.

Near the bottom of the box, there's an Art of Shaving barcode, so these must have come out of there. MSRP on the AOS site puts these at $70, though I have no idea if there's a difference other that handle decoration.

Top Bottom