Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.75/10
(BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Not Tuesday, but with a Timeless every day is a Tuesday!

Summary. Ahh…coming home after using fabulous vintage razors in April what better way to kick off Modern May than with my favourite overall razor. Simply bliss.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

20230731_090738.jpg

20240514_103701-01.jpeg
Excellent debut shave with a new (second hand) Timeless baseplate, which I recently traded in.

The 0.68 OC is likely a very nice addition to my Timeless .95 OC, which is almost to efficient to be used on a daily basis (which sharp blades, that is). I've the feeling the .68 OC baseplate will fit the daily driver job easier.

Cheers!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
View attachment 1846201Excellent debut shave with a new (second hand) Timeless baseplate, which I recently traded in.

The 0.68 OC is likely a very nice addition to my Timeless .95 OC, which is almost to efficient to be used on a daily basis (which sharp blades, that is). I've the feeling the .68 OC baseplate will fit the daily driver job easier.

Cheers!
I forgot about Timeless Tuesdays. I had already planned to use one my hybrid head 0.68OCs later this afternoon. I have one head set up with a SS Scalloped Cap and Ti base plate and the other one with the Ti Scalloped Cap and SS base plate.. both with the Ti Crown handle.... perfect balance for me.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Same goes for the all SS head mounted on the Crown handle. 😎👍
That felt a bit too head heavy for me.... That's why I ended up with two hybrid razor heads mounted on the Ti Crown handles I already had.

It wasn't cheap but when I decided to forego the Wolfman WR4, I had the funds for the experiment.... I ended up with a complete SS razor as well.. their dimpled SS handle (85mm in length). After using the lighter Ti Crowns for so long, it feels a bit heavy to me, but I'm going to shave with it and see how it feels when I actually use it. That one has their scalloped base plate. I've used that plate once and it was quite nice.

That felt a bit too head heavy for me.... That's why I ended up with two hybrid razor heads mounted on the Ti Crown handles I already had.

It wasn't cheap but when I decided to forego the Wolfman WR4, I had the funds for the experiment.... I ended up with a complete SS razor as well.. their dimpled SS handle (85mm in length). After using the lighter Ti Crowns for so long, it feels a bit heavy to me, but I'm going to shave with it and see how it feels when I actually use it. That one has their scalloped base plate. I've used that plate once and it was quite nice.
I see.
What's the weight of your Ti/SS hybrid heads?

Top Bottom