What's new

Timeless Master Kit

Shawn, take your time with it and I suspect that you'll get the angle figured out. It's kind of a different animal with the added weight but it should give you a really nice extremely comfortable shave. I'll watch closely during my shave today, and report back, but I suspect that I'm using a steeper angle with this razor than I do with some of my others. Once you figure it out I suspect your results will be a lot better.

Feel free to use the Sudsy Soapery soap with your normal razor to see if it's giving you the irritation or if it's related to the razor. Also if you have an Astra SP or Feather blade they are both excellent in the Timeless razor. I wish I would have included some in the box.

Shawn, take your time with it and I suspect that you'll get the angle figured out. It's kind of a different animal with the added weight but it should give you a really nice extremely comfortable shave. I'll watch closely during my shave today, and report back, but I suspect that I'm using a steeper angle with this razor than I do with some of my others. Once you figure it out I suspect your results will be a lot better.

Feel free to use the Sudsy Soapery soap with your normal razor to see if it's giving you the irritation or if it's related to the razor. Also if you have an Astra SP or Feather blade they are both excellent in the Timeless razor. I wish I would have included some in the box.

I actually have both of those blades David. I will give them a try.
Good news though. I've been doing the 7777 challenge, but I cheated a little and still did the first pass last night with the timeless. I switched the Nacet blade out and used a Personna. Very smooth. Now it's acting like I expected it too. So it looks like I did just get a bad blade.
I'm going to use another combination of it tonight for my 7777 and see how it goes. I'm expecting much better results.

I definitely use a steeper angle. Hear me out. Try a Feather blade. I have tried several blades with this razor and the Feather is significantly better, even than a Platinum, in there.

The Feathers are a slightly better blade than anything else I've found in that razor. The Astra SP's are also excellent in the razor but I get a couple less shaves from them, or at least the last couple shaves aren't as good as the last couple shaves I'm getting from the Feather blades.

I decided to be brave today, and made it out alive! :clap:

Razor: Timeless with the .095 open comb base.
Blade: Feather
Soap: CRSW select citrus
Brush: Whipped Dog sivertip

This baseplate is really aggressive to me. Also, only the second OC I have ever used. (First was a Gem clogpruf) Paired with the notorious Feather!?!?!? :eek2:
Well the CRSW did it's job. Whipped up quick with the WD. (Which turned out to be an amazing "gel tip" knot) Great scent, and plenty of protection.
I got one little nick under my nose where I couldn't get the angle quite right due to my nose being crooked from being broken a few times. Not enough to leak or need a styptic, but enough to know it was there when I put on the AS.

Did I say that the razor was aggressive? Well it is. Very efficient, but definitely not something I would use everyday.
Overall a good shave though. No irritation that I can tell, no stubble left anywhere, still have most of my face intact, what more can you ask for?

DSC_0252.JPG

It's fascinating how different we all are. I used my Timeless .95 open comb this morning, which I always enjoy, but it's perhaps the least efficient and also the friendliest razor in my rotation of about 16 razors. A no worry shave every time, not very close, but close enough.

Second shave on the timeless today. Forgive my laziness as I am just copying my results from the 7777 challenge.

"My day one shave today was:
Timeless razor, .65 flat bar and flat head
Nacet blade
Brushguy silvertip
Mystic Waters coconut sandalwood
As pictured above.

Only the second shave with this razor and the first with this configuration. MW is a known excellent performer for me, and the Nacet blades normally perform very well.
Today's shave was not the best I've ever had. This is supposed to be a pretty mild setup for this razor, but I could really feel the blade on my face. Despite the amount of blade feel, it was not very efficient. My Techs give a closer shave than I got today, but I got a few weepers as if I was using a more aggressive razor....

As I said, this is only the second shave with this razor. I had very similar results with a different configuration and sudsy soapery which had performed well for me in the past.
It is making me believe I might have gotten a bad blade since I used it in both shaves with the same result."

So based on the suspicion of a bad blade (not common, but it happens) I am going to revisit both setups and also the SS soap in the near future.
I used my .95 straight bar today with a Nacet on its fourth shave and it was as good as it gets. Everyone's mug is different (EMID). I really love this razor.

Trigger pulled!!!! Thanks to @dfoulk and letting me try this my .68 SB Smooth is on the way. I took the plaid handle and am just awaiting the order.

@sfeile are you getting a better feel for it?
I've been doing a light restore and honing on a straight for another member, so my last couple shaves were with that. Getting back to it very soon. Probably tonight actually.

I used my .95 straight bar today with a Nacet on its fourth shave and it was as good as it gets. Everyone's mug is different (EMID).
I normally love the Nacet blades. I probably use them more than any of the others I have. I'm pretty sure I just got a bad one that time. 3rd shave even with the more "aggressive" head and a different blade went just fine. I think I currently have 4 other razors that have Nacets in them with 3 or 4 shaves on them as I am typing this. I'm just that (un)lucky that I'd fall into the haystack and land on that needle.... :laugh:

It's fascinating how different we all are. I used my Timeless .95 open comb this morning, which I always enjoy, but it's perhaps the least efficient and also the friendliest razor in my rotation of about 16 razors. A no worry shave every time, not very close, but close enough.

It definitely is interesting. I have the .95 straight bar, smooth cap and it is not only very efficient, delivering smooth close shaves, but I would consider this razor to be one of the least aggressive razors I own. I can shave without having to pay much attention to it. I have been using it pretty steadily for a few months now and haven't had as much as a nick, nor any irritation. I have no problems using it every day.

Here's a pic for comparison size wise to some of my other razors

Left to Right
Timeless .68 SB
Timeless .95 Open Comb
ATT R1 Colosus Handle
ATT M1 Kronos Handle
Wolfman WR1 SB .54 w/WRH1 Handle
LA Shaving BBS-1
Wolfman WR1 SB .61 w/Darwin Handle

Wow, what a stunning collection!!!

Here's a pic for comparison size wise to some of my other razors

Looking at that photo, Timeless definitively has the largest head than any of your razors. It seems to me that head is identical to Merkur Progress, and they both bend the blade ever so slightly more than others out there (therefore, and I'm only assuming here, resulting in smooth shave you all seem to be experiencing).

Any issue with the size of the head itself that you, or anybody else has experienced ?
How does it work in hard to reach areas ? I've gone through this whole thread and didn't see anyone mention anything negative about head size.

I've been resisting ordering one for a few weeks now and am looking for reasons (however small) to not get it.
At this price, I think it's reasonable to be very demanding, I'd like to get as close to perfection as possible.

Any issue with the size of the head itself that you, or anybody else has experienced ?
How does it work in hard to reach areas ? I've gone through this whole thread and didn't see anyone mention anything negative about head size.

My beard grows into the creases at the side of my nose, and this has always been a problem area for me with any razor, but the Timeless is able to get these areas without fail.

Looking at that photo, Timeless definitively has the largest head than any of your razors. It seems to me that head is identical to Merkur Progress, and they both bend the blade ever so slightly more than others out there (therefore, and I'm only assuming here, resulting in smooth shave you all seem to be experiencing).

I've been resisting ordering one for a few weeks now and am looking for reasons (however small) to not get it.
At this price, I think it's reasonable to be very demanding, I'd like to get as close to perfection as possible.

I suspect that the head size is an asset and not a negative as it likely leads to the very efficient shave while still providing the outstanding smoothness. I enjoy the razor being a bit heavier and the razor balance with the Timeless handle is excellent.

The razor head is a bit larger but it's still pretty nimble. There is just the one area just under my nostrils that require a little bit of a change up. After I do the normal North South pass, I'll sometimes attack the area under my nose sideways with this razor on the second and third pass in order to get a little closer. This method seems to work really well for me as I have no trouble removing all of the stubble this way. I've even started doing this with some of my other razors, so to me it doesn't feel like a workaround or a deficiency in the performance of the razor at all. Just another way to attack a trouble spot and get a closer shave. Other than that area I don't have any others that I have to address any differently due to the larger razor head.

My beard grows into the creases at the side of my nose, and this has always been a problem area for me with any razor, but the Timeless is able to get these areas without fail.

Thanks, seems I'm failing to find "valid" reasons not to buy one, this thread so far is not helping at all. :D OK, that's not entirely true, I really dislike the stand. :D

....There is just the one area just under my nostrils that require a little bit of a change up. After I do the normal North South pass, I'll sometimes attack the area under my nose sideways with this razor on the second and third pass in order to get a little closer. This method seems to work really well for me as I have no trouble removing all of the stubble this way.....

Thanks for the info, this is what I do today anyway, so not an issue I guess.

One more question, my favorite in their collection, barberpole handle too seems to be a lot thicker than most of your collection. While I like long handles, heavy and substantialy built razors (well built things in general which is what attracted me to Timeless, combined with great reviews) I was wondering if you needed to "adjust to it" or was it fairly easy thing to do right of the bat ?

Last edited:
Thanks, seems I'm failing to find "valid" reasons not to buy one, this thread so far is not helping at all. :D

Thanks for the info, this is what I do today anyway, so not an issue I guess.

One more question, my favorite in their collection, barberpole handle too seems to be a lot thicker than most of your collection. While I like long handles, heavy and substantialy built razors (well built things in general which is what attracted me to Timeless, combined with great reviews) I was wondering if you needed to "adjust to it" or was it fairly easy thing to do right of the bat ?

Other than the price just not being in someone's budget I can't think of a reason not to buy one. I mean it's the best razor I've found and I've tried, or have owned, the majority of the really well thought of high end razors. Personally, I feel it's well worth the asking price because of the satisfaction I get from using it every day. When you add in that it'll likely last several generations it's a pretty good value.

Stainless steel razors do seem to hold their value quite nicely as well. Some of the very difficult to get ones that I've bought have gone way up in value while the readily available ones seem to depreciate just a little and then hold their value. So, if in the future you were to find something else you prefer you could likely get back most of what you paid for a razor like this. A lots of guys will buy these used to save a little cash since all they require is a good cleaning to sterilize the razor (I use Barbicide) and they're as good as new.

Several of the handles in my collection are fairly substantial as the Wolfman handles are definitely substantial and on the heavier side. As far as getting used to the Timeless handle goes it's really not all that big of a deal at all. It is a bit longer than the Wolfman handles so there's that but that's not hard to get used to at all. The biggest thing is the overall weight difference between the razors but even then the razor is smooth and almost effortless to shave with. So it's not a big adjustment at all. I suspect after a couple days to a week of shaves you'd be a pro at it and not want to use anything else. I know that I was reaching for mine exclusively after only about a week of use. It's a really easy razor to use.

I'm currently using their Pineapple handle thought I do prefer the Barberpole handle that's currently traveling with the Passaround Master Kit so good choice with that handle.

My top two are my Timeless and my ATT R2. Both give me better results than my other razors. The ATT is easier to maneuver than the Timeless. The Timeless is more comfortable on the skin. The Timeless is a little prettier to look at.

Top Bottom