What's new

Timeless Master Kit

Does anyone feel a difference between the scalloped and regular cap?

In fact in the last few tests I have tried the difference. I have only noticed that the scalloped head leaves a little more soap behind depending on your angle. It won't truly effect the shave however, in my opinion.

After reading this thread I may have to pull the trigger on a timeless razor. Something that I can pass down to my son when I pass. Everyone seems to say these are the best...my girl is gonna kill me, I wish they made a ladies version so I could be like hey I got you one too haha.

Does anyone feel a difference between the scalloped and regular cap?

In my opinion, there is only a slight difference in feel between the OC and the SB bases. It has to do with the way the open comb is constructed. If that's the case I highly doubt anyone could feel a difference between the caps. There was clearly a difference in blade feel due to the gap between the 95 in the 68 but that has nothing to do with the bar versus open comb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all. Great read here. I'm wondering if anyone has noticed any tea stains or rust with the timeless? I'm very seriously eyeing this but am concerned about this issue that's developed in another brand I have. Thanks in advance to feedback.

I have not, then again I take apart my razor and dry everything off after every shave. It just takes about 30 seconds and keeps my razors looking like brand new.

I have currently own 2 Timeless razors. The first one ordered a few months back I got with the Scalloped plate but there was something that wasn't quite right with the shave at the time so I sent it back and got the 68 OC and immediately felt a difference between the OC and Scalloped. For me it was the smoothness of the shave. Looking back maybe I should have given the scalloped more time. I just got a custom doubled sided baseplate made for me with a OC on one side and SB on the other with a 95 gap on my second razor which i got yesterday. ( see my post on it ) Can't say enough about the quality of the product, the great customer service and I've gotten some of the best shaves of my life out of the Timeless 68. Can't wait to take the new one for a spin tomorrow.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have not, then again I take apart my razor and dry everything off after every shave. It just takes about 30 seconds and keeps my razors looking like brand new.
Thanks
Seems like a long 30 seconds when my routine seems rushed during the week. Very seriously considering but am weighed down by the grade of ss in terms of corrosion resistance. Don't mind the price if you get what you pay for. I.e. Rolex ss.

304 vs 316 or another grade is not going to make any difference when dealing with a SS razor. Timeless uses 304

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
304 vs 316 or another grade is not going to make any difference when dealing with a SS razor. Timeless uses 304

I think its 303. And what I'm experiencing in 303 ss (ATT) is sulfite staining. Nevertheless its a pia and not expected. However the sane conditions but for a stand up stand in the rockwell with a higher ss grade showed no staining. So its possible the ss or the stand up stand didn't let residual water dry off or drain out.

I think its 303. And what I'm experiencing in 303 ss (ATT) is sulfite staining. Nevertheless its a pia and not expected. However the sane conditions but for a stand up stand in the rockwell with a higher ss grade showed no staining. So its possible the ss or the stand up stand didn't let residual water dry off or drain out.

Mr. Rhody,

The Rockwell is coated, not sure what with, but it seems pretty tough. Here's a suggestion. Try soaking your staining stainless in isopropyl alcohol for 5 minutes or so after use. The alcohol displaces water. I do this with all my razors, and have yet to feel the need to clean anything beyond initial acquisition. Just a thought. Might help, can't hurt.

Not sure which razor you were talking about when you said "I think it's 303". However, the Timeless is 304. Confirmed with the owners. Additionally, it's even posted on the Timeless website.

Last edited:
My Timeless .95 SB Smooth cap has pretty much ruined all other razors for me. I don't get why some people are saying it's aggressive. Maybe it's just that it is so smooth that it doesn't seem aggressive. Easily as efficient as the Wunderbar, but definitely more smooth and comfortable.

My Timeless .95 SB Smooth cap has pretty much ruined all other razors for me. I don't get why some people are saying it's aggressive. Maybe it's just that it is so smooth that it doesn't seem aggressive. Easily as efficient as the Wunderbar, but definitely more smooth and comfortable.

Because everyone is different. For "me" it was very aggressive.

Because everyone is different. For "me" it was very aggressive.

Agreed. My Timeless .95 open comb feels very mild to my face, due to the other razors in the rotation. I fully recognize that my experience is my own, and only my own.

This thread was the reason I ordered my timeless razor last week. I am so glad I did, this thing is the absolute best razor I have ever used in my entire life. I got the .95 gap with scalloped base, scalloped top cap and the dimpled handle all polished. The most beautiful and efficient razor I own. I'll probably never need to buy another razor again, but I know I will haha.

Attachments

• IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 28
This thread was the reason I ordered my timeless razor last week. I am so glad I did, this thing is the absolute best razor I have ever used in my entire life. I got the .95 gap with scalloped base, scalloped top cap and the dimpled handle all polished. The most beautiful and efficient razor I own. I'll probably never need to buy another razor again, but I know I will haha.

I feel pushed in this direction also. Two questions, if you don't mind.
1. How long have you been wet shaving?
2. What other aggressive razors have you been using and for how long?

I feel pushed in this direction also. Two questions, if you don't mind.
1. How long have you been wet shaving?
2. What other aggressive razors have you been using and for how long?

I've been traditional wet shaving for a little over 10 months now. I have the razorock TI wunderbar, merkur progress and a few of the Gillette adujustbale razors that I use now that I'm comparing it to.

I just had a nice shave with my Wunderbar. I have to give the Wunderbar a slight edge in efficiency, but it isn't even close to the Timeless .95 SB with regards to smoothness and comfort. The Timeless is hands down my favorite and the most comfortable razor I have.

Top Bottom