What's new

Timeless Master Kit

I think its 303. And what I'm experiencing in 303 ss (ATT) is sulfite staining. Nevertheless its a pia and not expected. However the sane conditions but for a stand up stand in the rockwell with a higher ss grade showed no staining. So its possible the ss or the stand up stand didn't let residual water dry off or drain out.
I've had no staining of any kind on my ATT and I use it more than any of my other razors. In fact it is the only razor I am using right now, my R41 and several vintage razors sitting unused in a box, and a Merkur sold. I have an Oristo (316 stainless) and a Timeless (304) on the way and I can't wait.

For those who have tried, is there much difference in blade feel between the .68 SB and the .68 OC? I have the SB and it's incredibly smooth; however, I would like more blade feel and the .95 might be too aggressive. Thoughts?

For those who have tried, is there much difference in blade feel between the .68 SB and the .68 OC? I have the SB and it's incredibly smooth; however, I would like more blade feel and the .95 might be too aggressive. Thoughts?

I haven't tried the OC or the .68. I can say though that I spent a lot of time trying to decide which blade gap to get. I wanted a daily shaver, which I think the Wunderbar is a little too aggressive to use daily, comfortably. In the end I decided that since they have a 30 day exchange policy I would go ahead and get the .95. I am very happy with it. It is extremely smooth and comfortable to use. I really don't think you will find it too aggressive.

For another opinion. Had both the 95OC and 68 Scalloped. Returned the 95. Way too much blade feel and way too aggressive. Probably gonna get the 68OC as a backup. If you think the 68 is super smooth then just roll with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got a pink slip in my mail box yesterday, but didn't get to the PO in time. I got down there today to pick up what I thought was the "Ice Hone" from that passaround. Boy was I surprised when this sweet looking thing was waiting for me instead! The SS smells great too. Just like the doublemint gum to me.

Thanks David @dfoulk for inviting me in on this. It is here safely, and I am excited to give it a try tonight!

Now just to decide on what parts first..........

DSC_0230.JPG

Well I got a pink slip in my mail box yesterday, but didn't get to the PO in time. I got down there today to pick up what I thought was the "Ice Hone" from that passaround. Boy was I surprised when this sweet looking thing was waiting for me instead! The SS smells great too. Just like the doublemint gum to me.

Thanks David @dfoulk for inviting me in on this. It is here safely, and I am excited to give it a try tonight!

Now just to decide on what parts first..........

View attachment 800365

Nice, I'm glad it made it to you safely. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you give it a try.

Just had another stellar 2 pass BBS with my Timeless. This thing is incapable of giving a bad shave. 6th shave on a Feather too.

just went back to normal after @dfoulk gave me about a month with her....not fair I feel incomplete :07:

Will be buying one soon!:001_wub:

Once you try this razor it's really hard not to want one. I almost bought a Charcoal razor the other day until I asked myself why. I mean it's not going to be any better than my Timeless razor so why bother. I think I was tempted just because it's a hard to get item.

For another opinion. Had both the 95OC and 68 Scalloped. Returned the 95. Way too much blade feel and way too aggressive. Probably gonna get the 68OC as a backup. If you think the 68 is super smooth then just roll with it.

I too had the 0.95OC and 0.68 scalloped. The open comb was nice but too much to use daily (for me). I did get a nice 3 pass shave from it but my skin let me know too. I returned it for a 0.68 OC. I find the OC to require a bit more care than the scalloped base. I tend to stick with the scalloped base. I am tempted to try a 0.95 solid bar. Don't know why.

I too had the 0.95OC and 0.68 scalloped. The open comb was nice but too much to use daily (for me). I did get a nice 3 pass shave from it but my skin let me know too. I returned it for a 0.68 OC. I find the OC to require a bit more care than the scalloped base. I tend to stick with the scalloped base. I am tempted to try a 0.95 solid bar. Don't know why.

Good to know about the 68 OC. Don't do the 95 again if it's too much the first time around. Don't think the feel will change for you.

The .95 SB and the .95 OC definitely feel different.

Maybe a little negligible face feel but if it's too aggressive and the skin feels it because of the gap, I doubt the OC vs SB is going to make any real difference at all. The meaningful difference is found in the Gap.

Maybe a little negligible face feel but if it's too aggressive and the skin feels it because of the gap, I doubt the OC vs SB is going to make any real difference at all. The meaningful difference is found in the Gap.

Either way he has 30 days to exchange. Why not try the .95 if he wants to feel more blade?

He sure can. No prob there. He already had a 95 OC though and thought it was too much.

Ah. It probably still will be then I guess. I think I confused him with an earlier poster who said they wanted to feel more blade than the .68.

So I used the razor last night. I had been looking at them a time or two and I thought the scalloped head and plate were the most visually appealing. So that is what I decided to go with for my first try.

I had skipped a day of shaving due to a bad shave from a vegan soap. I really wanted to try the SS that was in the box because it smells amazing, and I actually liked the one other SS soap I had tried. The SS made a pretty slick lather really quick.

Loaded with a fresh Nacet, and started my normal N/S,S/N two pass shave. (I don't bother with WTG,ATG,XTG, etc... because my neck grows so randomly no matter where you place the head of the razor you already have at least 2 different directions of growth just in the initial blade contact.)
The first pass went fairly well. Took just a little playing with the angle to get it right, but not hard to do. I could feel the blade, but it didn't seem to be causing any irritation.
Second pass, I could notice the blade a bit more. I think I ended up with one small weeper, and a bit of irritation in a normal problem spot on my neck.

Wasn't the closest shave I've ever had, but I didn't want to push it with another pass or buffing. I followed up with a small amount of the matching AS balm that was also in the box.
That stuff, despite the scent, I am not a fan of. I got a bit of burn and increased irritation when applying it, and it didn't want to rub into my skin. It almost felt like I had applied vaseline. I wiped off the excess and my skin did feel pretty decent, but my neck was still a little irritated. Today while outside sweating, I was getting that burning irritated feeling again like when I first applied it.

I'm not ready to make a judgement yet by any means on the razor setup however. I'm going to try again with a known soap to see how it does. I did notice the top cap makes it a little thicker than something like a Tech. I have a little trouble under my nose on the one side where it's been broken and off center, but I still managed to get it.

Looking forward to playing around more with the different combinations.

Second shave on the timeless today. Forgive my laziness as I am just copying my results from the 7777 challenge.

"My day one shave today was:
Timeless razor, .65 flat bar and flat head
Nacet blade
Brushguy silvertip
Mystic Waters coconut sandalwood
As pictured above.

Only the second shave with this razor and the first with this configuration. MW is a known excellent performer for me, and the Nacet blades normally perform very well.
Today's shave was not the best I've ever had. This is supposed to be a pretty mild setup for this razor, but I could really feel the blade on my face. Despite the amount of blade feel, it was not very efficient. My Techs give a closer shave than I got today, but I got a few weepers as if I was using a more aggressive razor....

As I said, this is only the second shave with this razor. I had very similar results with a different configuration and sudsy soapery which had performed well for me in the past.
It is making me believe I might have gotten a bad blade since I used it in both shaves with the same result."

So based on the suspicion of a bad blade (not common, but it happens) I am going to revisit both setups and also the SS soap in the near future.

Top Bottom