What's new

Timeless Master Kit

My master kit just arrived in dubai at the office - pic of the box - will open it at home later today/tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_1727.JPG
    IMG_1727.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 22

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I've been using the timeless oc almost everyday. I now get what people have been describing as efficiency of a razor. Up to now I've seen that mentioned but now I get it.

Opened up my masterkit box. Very secure packaging. Got to Dubai with no issues or damage. Came with the Soap and towel + I ordered the plaid handle as it was on offer and I effectively have two full razors.

First head shave today with my Masterkit. Used:

Scalloped cap
Scalloped base 0.68
Barber pole handle
Astra blade
Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream
EJ Synthetic brush
Alum block
Poraso Sensitive AS balm

Much better than my Merkur 25C (comparison in the picture). The heft makes a big difference. No cuts, but alum block really does prove that I have a crap technique. BBS in 2.5/3 passes.

I'm no expert, but I really like this razor. Will test the OC .68 and the SB .95 in a couple of weeks.

IMG_1759.JPG IMG_1760.JPG IMG_1761.JPG IMG_1762.JPG IMG_1763.JPG IMG_1764.JPG IMG_1765.JPG IMG_1766.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1767.JPG
    IMG_1767.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
Opened up my masterkit box. Very secure packaging. Got to Dubai with no issues or damage. Came with the Soap and towel + I ordered the plaid handle as it was on offer and I effectively have two full razors.

Scalloped cap
Scalloped base 0.68
Barber pole handle
Astra blade
EJ Synthetic brush
Alum block
Poraso Sensitive AS balm

Much better than my Merkur 25C (comparison in the picture). The heft makes a big difference. No cuts, but alum block really does prove that I have a crap technique. BBS in 2.5/3 passes.

I'm no expert, but I really like this razor. Will test the OC .68 and the SB .95 in a couple of weeks.

View attachment 812346 View attachment 812347 View attachment 812348 View attachment 812349 View attachment 812350 View attachment 812351 View attachment 812352 View attachment 812353
Congrats, that's a beautiful set, good move on getting another handle.

Scalloped cap
Scalloped base 0.68
Barber pole handle
Astra blade
EJ Synthetic brush
Alum block
Poraso Sensitive AS balm

View attachment 812346 View attachment 812347 View attachment 812348 View attachment 812349 View attachment 812350 View attachment 812351 View attachment 812352 View attachment 812353
Congrats on the beautiful set. Don't get down on yourself it may take a few shaves to dial it in. Once you do it's one amazing shaver. Try a shorter stroke technique until you really feel your in the pocket with the angle and know how to adjust it on different parts of the face. One thing is don't be afraid of the .95. It's just as smooth just more efficient than the .68. I'd also suggest maybe going with a milder blade just to avoid irritation while in the learning curve. I love Kai's in both of mine but Astra SP 's is not a bad place to start.
Just my 2 cents.
Great shaving ahead for you!

Great thread. Its funny how many folks have love at first shave with this razor. I shaved with the .68 SB Timeless about three times and I thought about sending it back. Then I gave it about 4 more shaves and it just clicked. Not sure why I struggled with the razor at first. Perhaps its much heavier?

Either way, I'm glad I stuck with it because, the Timeless is my absolute favorite razor in the world now and its great to see so many people enjoying the razor.

I love it so much I'm considering getting a scalloped head and .68 scalloped base plate just to have two of them.

I shaved with the .68 SB Timeless about three times and I thought about sending it back. Then I gave it about 4 more shaves and it just clicked. Not sure why I struggled with the razor at first. Perhaps its much heavier?

Either way, I'm glad I stuck with it because, the Timeless is my absolute favorite razor in the world now and its great to see so many people enjoying the razor.

I love it so much I'm considering getting a scalloped head and .68 scalloped base plate just to have two of them.

If you're still finding the stainless a bit chunky, I enthusiastically recommend the Ti. Same great balance as the SS at about 2/3's of the weight...

If you're still finding the stainless a bit chunky, I enthusiastically recommend the Ti. Same great balance as the SS at about 2/3's of the weight...

That is an awesome recommendation. Believe it or not, I have gotten used to the weight of the stainless Timeless after using it since last year. I do believe at first however, I was using just a touch too much pressure and I ended up with harsh shaves on the first three of them. It was all user error though. Like I say, once I got used to the weight after a week or two, it quickly rose to my top three and then quickly supplanted my Wolfman and ATT S1/S2 as my absolute favorite razor ever.

Its funny because I used to think that my ATT S1 was very smooth. I hadn't used it in quite some time due to my use of the Timeless and Wolfman along with some other razors. When I picked that ATT S1 back up this morning, it felt much less smooth than I remembered, because the smoothness of the Timeless is just unreal and I've really gotten used to it. I think if I didn't crave variety as much as I do, that I could be very happy shaving with that Timeless every single day.

Great thread. Its funny how many folks have love at first shave with this razor. I shaved with the .68 SB Timeless about three times and I thought about sending it back. Then I gave it about 4 more shaves and it just clicked. Not sure why I struggled with the razor at first. Perhaps its much heavier?

I don't think it's the weight. My experience was very similar to yours, and I narrowed it down to lack of blade feel and unfamiliarity with the razor. Initially I too was applying just a bit of pressure trying to get the right blade feel on my face. Finding the right angle and trusting that even though you can't feel a lot of blade, it'll still cut and offer close and smooth shave, that did take few shaves to get used to with .68 gap. With .95 things "just worked" for me from the very first shave.

I don't think it's the weight. My experience was very similar to yours, and I narrowed it down to lack of blade feel and unfamiliarity with the razor. Initially I too was applying just a bit of pressure trying to get the right blade feel on my face. Finding the right angle and trusting that even though you can't feel a lot of blade, it'll still cut and offer close and smooth shave, that did take few shaves to get used to with .68 gap. With .95 things "just worked" for me from the very first shave.

Thats an interesting perspective and could very well be what my problem was. I will admit that the Timeless had some extra heft to me. However, it could be lack of blade feel that was causing me to force it rather than just make the normal strokes necessary to complete the shave properly.

The Timeless freaking rocks though. The interesting thing is they seemingly came out of nowhere. I remember hearing about them last year and I just was in an acquisition mindset and figured I'd try it. Wow am I glad I did. Best razor I've ever used.

My Timeless 0.95 SB arrived on Friday. Had a great shave with my usual Polsilver blade - at least an 8.5/10 which is great for a new razor and my first SS heavy one. After reading about how well a feather goes in this razor, I expected great things from shave 2 today, with similar 2 day growth. Unfortunately it was actually less close, despite an extra pass. Still a 7/10 but disappointing. So back to the polsilver tomorrow! I've never really got on with feathers so they shall be guilty until proved otherwise. But really enjoying the smoothness of the razor and lack of nicks, even with a day 1 feather. Will try and dial in the angle during this week.

Top Bottom