What's new

Timeless Bronze. I couldn't resist.

That’s a nice bit of kit! One for the future maybe. It’s so easy to get carried away collecting them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very nice razor, enjoy :thumbup1:

And btw how is that bandwagon soap? - I have the splash and that is simply great, also loved by the wife.

I have used the Bandwagon and Original soaps from L&L, and they are very fine soaps. Among my favorites. It's a very soft soap, but it doesn't take many swirls of the brush to get a plentiful load. Very easy to get a beautiful working lather.
Scentwise, the Bandwagon hits my nose mostly with the tallow/soap scent, I do get the 'barbershop' vibe they're going for, but it's not very pronounced. Pleasant to use in pretty much every way.
The Original scent is more appealing to me, has kind of a light pepper note, and a woody character. Masculine, but smooth/sophisticated. Otherwise it works exactly the same.

I have used the Bandwagon and Original soaps from L&L, and they are very fine soaps. Among my favorites. It's a very soft soap, but it doesn't take many swirls of the brush to get a plentiful load. Very easy to get a beautiful working lather.
Scentwise, the Bandwagon hits my nose mostly with the tallow/soap scent, I do get the 'barbershop' vibe they're going for, but it's not very pronounced. Pleasant to use in pretty much every way.
The Original scent is more appealing to me, has kind of a light pepper note, and a woody character. Masculine, but smooth/sophisticated. Otherwise it works exactly the same.

Thanks, Glenn - I understand that I need to try both out!

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
My Timeless Bronze showed up today. I dug out the MWF, my best silver tip brush, put in a fresh Gillette 7 o'clock, and had a great shave, face and head. I do not have a tough beard, and my hair on the dome is light. I can see this being my favorite razor.

My Timeless Bronze showed up today. I dug out the MWF, my best silver tip brush, put in a fresh Gillette 7 o'clock, and had a great shave, face and head. I do not have a tough beard, and my hair on the dome is light. I can see this being my favorite razor.

Nice! Keep us updated, please.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I'm still pretty geeked out. The razor is beautiful, very heavy and the passes were mild. My head was so smooth! Now I'm kind of a newbie, and other factors might have been responsible for the great shave. I loaded my soap far longer than ever before, I even thought I was going overboard, but the end result was great lather - probably the best I have ever had. I suspect it was a combination of the mild razor and the better lather. Either way, it was memorable.

The more I use this razor, the more I dig it. It always gives me a comfortable shave and always close enough. It doesn't shave as close as some but it's always a good shave. I also tend to favor razors with heft because to me they are smoother, and this one has nice heft - it just feels good in the hand. Plus, now that the bronze is starting to darken I think it's looking even better. Win, win, win.

Well... that new OC called to me... I just ordered that. I'll report in once I get my grubby paws on it.

For the price on just the baseplate, it didn't make sense to not go ahead and order the whole razor. So I'll have a "backup" handle and top cap.

I'm looking around for a more "premium" daily driver, and the .38 bronze looks to be right up my alley. I want something on the mild side, so this seems to fit the bill. Gonna give myself a couple months to look around so I can educate myself some more.

All those beautiful pics of the the Timeless finally got to me. Had to have one.
It arrived last night, and I was ready for it.
View attachment 843832

Comes in a nice presentation box with a small microfiber cloth for polishing.
My first impressions: the size and heft is substantial, but not weird, out of balance, or "too much" in any way. It fits in my hand nice, and the balance is good. This thing is a work of art, and machined quite nicely. Everything fits together perfectly, and the handle threads on as smooth as butter. There's absolutely no slop anywhere. It's quite obvious that somebody did their homework before they started cutting razors out of blocks of metal.

The baseplate supports the blade all the way across (i.e. no gaps in the support) and matches (or comes very close, to my eye) the top cap, where it holds the blade behind the cutting edge, giving a very rigidly held blade. This is something I personally prefer, and one of the big reasons that Timeless was a contender for me.

I've only used it once, so I am not ready to make any big proclamations or anything, but it was a very nice shave. Something I had asked about in other threads was how it compared to a Tech, as the way the head looks on the Bronze makes me think it would be kind of similar. It is kind of similar, and not an unfair comparison, but the weight and construction of the Bronze lends itself to more efficient shave, I'd say. (For the record, I really like Techs.)

So last night for the first run, I had 48 hours of growth (thick hair, dense growth pattern) to be shaved. Showered, lathered with the L&L, and did WTG and XTG passes (this represents the most common usage for me). I had a satisfactory DFS (again, this is representative of what I strive for and get from my usual shaves). There was no irritation in the usual difficult spots. As I write this, approx 14 hours later, my throat is absolutely irritation- and blemish-free, which is not always the case. Sunday-Thursday nights I shave every 24 hours, and towards the end of the week I'll start noticing some hot-spots if I've been too aggressive, so I'm going to be paying attention to that.

Overall, quite pleased with the performance.
I will only use this razor for a while to see how I can dial it in, and really get to know it. I'll periodically update this thread with my on-going opinion.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Top Bottom