What's new

Tile floor + carelessness = sadness

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
IMG_1575.JPG
Going to try some superglue, but I can't imagine it will ever be the same. One of my favorite little brushes.

Looks like someone is in for a new custom handle.

You've got a nice knot to work with and you should be able to remove it without damaging it.

Sounds like a win win to me :)

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Good points above. Just feel stupid for dropping it. Going to skip this evening's shave. It was not expensive or rare, or a keepsake or anything, but a good little trooper just the same. I have some others that it would have been more tragic to break. If the glue works, maybe I'll keep using it and try to see it as a reminder to be careful.

Good points above. Just feel stupid for dropping it. Going to skip this evening's shave. It was not expensive or rare, or a keepsake or anything, but a good little trooper just the same. I have some others that it would have been more tragic to break. If the glue works, maybe I'll keep using it and try to see it as a reminder to be careful.

Superglue will work. If you don't want to look at the crack, just repaint that handle if you don't mind losing the Omega logo. I had one like that once that I considered throwing away but I decided to use it to "practice" repairs on.

I used Superglue to fix the problem. I used a little Spackle to have something to put over the repair to be able to sand and then I used a can of spray paint meant for plastic (comes with an adhesive primer built-in) to spray the handle.

It's not fancy but it works fine.

Do you know anybody that can do kintsukuroi (Japanese - "golden repair")?
proxy.php

That would be cool, but I'm not sure that the handle or knot would survive the process.
Expensive too, I bet.

Ooh, wait. I bet you can get a shiny gold-coloured epoxy for something like this.

Sorry for you that happened. In my mind the brush is more about the knot than the handle. Get a new handle from Whipped Dog... get a tube of epoxy and you are back in business.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Thanks everyone. All good points, especially considering how easily replaceable and inexpensive it is. I tried some superglue and I bet it will be just fine- and a reminder to be more careful- and not to get attached to material things.
fullsizeoutput_3a1.jpeg

Top Bottom