What's new

Tiger Platinum (made in Czech Republic)

I suck at comparing blades although I can say I don’t use GSBs on a regular basis and cant remember the last one I used.

The Tatra blades feel as good as the Tigers and feel just as good as the Astra blades (single blade used once so experience is limited).

Smooth and sharp to me with no tugging etc.

I suck at comparing blades although I can say I don’t use GSBs on a regular basis and cant remember the last one I used.

The Tatra blades feel as good as the Tigers and feel just as good as the Astra blades (single blade used once so experience is limited).

Smooth and sharp to me with no tugging etc.
Do you have thick and coarse facial hair?

Tried a Tiger Platinum this morning. I have to say I am underwhelmed. As many people on the internet have stated, this is not a very sharp blade. Tried the blade in my Ming Shi 2000S @6. No cuts at all, which is basically a good thing. Around the jaws I didn't manage to get a BBS. There is the problem that these blades are not particularly smooth. I got a slight irritation which lasted probably around 45 minutes.
Many users compare these blades to Astra SP or Voskhod. Well, if we compare sharpness they might be right. But both Voskhod and Astra SP are significantly smoother.
For the price these Tigers aren't worth it for me. There are cheaper Egyptian and Indian blades that outperform them both in sharpness and smoothness
I also have a pack of Tatra Platinum. Will have to try them soon.

Do you have thick and coarse facial hair?
I bought these together with the Tatra blade from what I think is the same producer. I cannot feel any difference between these two blades. My razors is mainly EJ 3one6 an Fatip OC. Somethimes the L6 (Lord). To me, the blades are a bit "thuggy". I honestly do not feel much of a difference between these blades and the Derby blade. For me they are not sharp enough, or my technique is not good enough, bad choice of razors or a combination. I like to compare blades to what I experience as a middle of the road blade. That would be the Astra SP. I find the Astra a bit sharper than the Tigers. The GSB is my go to blade these days, and I definitely find them sharper and better for me. I have a typical Mediterranean/Middle East kind of beard, and as it is turning a bit grey, it is even harder to shave. Just to make into the mix. My brother who is of fair complexion find the Derbys plenty sharp. We are all different. It is as simple as that. Blades are cheap. These might be someones gem.

I have the Tiger blade in my Rotation for three months as i got a 100 pacm from amazxxx

I have used them in the HLS Taiga and the Rockwell 6s.
I must admit a lack of sharpness. You have to apply a bit more pressure when shaving. During the shave the feeling is not the most comfortable.
But... These blades give me the best BBS results. This is reproducable observation during the last months. As Astra, feather, and many others shave easier, rhe results are not better as i tend to get nicks using them or turn the blade gap smaller what results in smooth shave but not that long lasting.

So my conclusion is that the best balance between sharpness, blade gap and so in must be found individually.
I am really very happy with these blades.

But.. 4 shaves is a constant limit.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

I like these blades. They are a perfect compromise between an Astra Green (smooth but not that sharp,) and Astra Blue (sharp but could be smoother.) Let's not forget that S.R.O. developed Astra blades before Gillette purchased the company. They sold the company in 2019 to local investers. The plant was not allowed to produce stainless steel blades for 15 years, under the Gillette purchase agreement.

SRO has 60 years of blade-making experience.While Astra continues to be Gillette's most popular DE blade and SRO doesn't have the marketing bucks that P&G do, these are decent blades and worth a shot. Not as smooth as Astra Green (but smooth...) Not as sharp as Astra Blues but still sharp.

Tiger Platinum Blades are perhaps a perfect compromise.

I have the Tiger blade in my Rotation for three months as i got a 100 pacm from amazxxx

I have used them in the HLS Taiga and the Rockwell 6s.
I must admit a lack of sharpness. You have to apply a bit more pressure when shaving. During the shave the feeling is not the most comfortable.
But... These blades give me the best BBS results. This is reproducable observation during the last months. As Astra, feather, and many others shave easier, rhe results are not better as i tend to get nicks using them or turn the blade gap smaller what results in smooth shave but not that long lasting.

So my conclusion is that the best balance between sharpness, blade gap and so in must be found individually.
I am really very happy with these blades.

But.. 4 shaves is a constant limit.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk
Actually I agree with most of what you said. I know the story behind the story and SRO (the Czech company that makes Tiger Blades,) invented ASTRA blades. Tigers are meant to take the smoothness of Astra Green and balance that with the sharpness of Astra Blue.

I find that Tigers are just that. Not as smooth as Astra Green, but smooth. Not as sharp as Astra Blue, but sharper than Astra Green.

I've just tried them and I am new into DE shaving using a mild DE razor (Merkur Solingen 23c).
I must say to me they were very dull, I disliked them as much as Merkur ones.
I rather have a sensitive skin and so far I've had luck with Wilkinson Sword Classic (my current favorite), Personna Platinum and Feather blades.

I've just tried them and I am new into DE shaving using a mild DE razor (Merkur Solingen 23c).
I must say to me they were very dull, I disliked them as much as Merkur ones.
I rather have a sensitive skin and so far I've had luck with Wilkinson Sword Classic (my current favorite), Personna Platinum and Feather blades.
Me too - I found them to be dull but smooth. I could never get more than 3 or 4 shaves out of them, and I have 96 or so left...

Me too - I found them to be dull but smooth. I could never get more than 3 or 4 shaves out of them, and I have 96 or so left...

Smooth yes, but they don’t shave without putting way too much pressure. Honestly I find my old Derby’s to be sharper. I actually think a Feather is quite smooth. No need to apply much pressure at all. Barely in contact with the skin at all. Just cutting the hair. That to me is smooth. To much pressure on any blade, and I will get sore skin, but as the most used abbreviation on the forum, ymmw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth yes, but they don’t shave without putting way too much pressure. Honestly I find my old Derby’s to be sharper. I actually think a Feather is quite smooth. No need to apply much pressure at all. Barely in contact with the skin at all. Just cutting the hair. That to me is smooth. To much pressure on any blade, and I will get sore skin, but as the most used abbreviation on the forum, ymmw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good points, all. I agree. Funny, when I was thinking about how to describe these blades, Derby Extras came to mind - as sharper blades! I also agree with your description of Feather blades; I just wish they would stay sharp beyond 3 shaves for me.

Top Bottom