What's new

Three Piece Suit without Tie

That was my initial thought, just waistcoat, shirt and trousers. Will probably still get a jacket for more formal occasions though.

Will have to go on a shopping spree when I get back from holiday!

Thanks all

Seems like the hierarchy of formality would preclude this from ever happening. I mean, to make the jump from a two-piece to a three-piece, a tie is absolutely required. Nevermind the French cuffs.

This sounds like the equivalent of putting on a raincoat without wearing any pants.

:w00t:

I have to agree with you. Great way of saying it too.

I have to echo what most of the responses have said. The look could possibly work, but only with the wrinkled/casual style of suit.

In my opinion, a formal 3 piece suit (especially with French cuff shirt) without a tie would look downright silly.

Good luck though. I find it amusing and somewhat disappointing that so many professionals are now having to "dress down" to the acceptable level. I'll move on before this turns into social commentary.

Good luck though. I find it amusing and somewhat disappointing that so many professionals are now having to "dress down" to the acceptable level. I'll move on before this turns into social commentary.

I know what you mean, I wish I could feel that I could dress smartly without being the odd one out!

Oh well, I will give both looks a shot and see how they go.

Thanks all

Seems like the hierarchy of formality would preclude this from ever happening. I mean, to make the jump from a two-piece to a three-piece, a tie is absolutely required. Nevermind the French cuffs.

This sounds like the equivalent of putting on a raincoat without wearing any pants.

:lol::lol::lol:

I have "The Mentalist" set to record on the DVR in case I miss it. I've always thought that who ever is doing the wardrobe for the show must be genius or nuts, but it works.

Top Bottom