What's new

Thoughts on new Gillette Flexball

Not hard to figure out. You are entitled to your opinion. But I think you have made your point............in more than one thread.

Then you are reading something that isn't there. A straight requires a lot of maintenance...

I like straights. I think that shaving with a strait is superior to shaving with a safety razor.
Don't do it myself yet but my hat is off to strait shavers, and hobos I like hobos any one who can criss cross the country and live ruff like that I admire.

Then you are reading something that isn't there. A straight requires a lot of maintenance...

They do require more maintenance, true enough. Doesn't mean they aren't fun, and a nice sense of accomplishment once you learn them. :001_smile

As for the new razor design, it feels "gimmicky" to me. *shrug*

It looks like a Mach 3 that ate and is digesting a mouse.

More importantly did the marketing geniuses at Gillette give any thought to the plural form of "Flex Ball" when they named this razor?

I like straights. I think that shaving with a strait is superior to shaving with a safety razor.
Don't do it myself yet but my hat is off to strait shavers, and hobos I like hobos any one who can criss cross the country and live ruff like that I admire.

A friend of mine is from Laos and he tells me that there is a saying in his country that once you are a beggar you will never want to be a king. I don't think I would like that lifestyle myself but some people might...

Where are carts mentioned in my post?
Not here but your passive aggressive post and antagonist comments get old. Great I'm really happy you work for the cart industry and it's the cat's meow to you . Let us enjoy our straight and DE shaving without disparaging remarks about them. It seems every post from you is some form of negativity.

not here but your passive aggressive post and antagonist comments get old. Great i'm really happy you work for the cart industry and it's the cat's meow to you . Let us enjoy our straight and de shaving without disparaging remarks about them. It seems every post from you is some form of negativity.

+1
agreed!

Not here but your passive aggressive post and antagonist comments get old. Great I'm really happy you work for the cart industry and it's the cat's meow to you . Let us enjoy our straight and DE shaving without disparaging remarks about them. It seems every post from you is some form of negativity.

1+2 = 6. I actually get a better shave with a Feather AC or a clone, and I do not work for cart industry.
I collect and use all razors, I am just not prejudiced against a specific kind. But don't let that truth get in the way.

Last edited:
I like the way my Fusion shaves, but I just can't bring myself to spend 47+ dollars on 14 cartridges anymore. If they send me a free handle, I'm sure I'll try it out.

I like the way my Fusion shaves, but I just can't bring myself to spend 47+ dollars on 14 cartridges anymore. If they send me a free handle, I'm sure I'll try it out.

I'd be willing to give it a fair evaluation if it won't cost me anything for the razor, as well. I'm definitely curious as to if the flex ball comes over as more gimmick or innovation.

Yon Gillette Flexball gimmick looks like a cross between a Dyson vacuum and a Fusion nightmare. I wouldn't put that near my face if you paid me. As Mr McEnroe used to say, "You can't be serious!"

:thumbdown

I'd be willing to give it a fair evaluation if it won't cost me anything for the razor, as well. I'm definitely curious as to if the flex ball comes over as more gimmick or innovation.

I'm very curious as to the tuning of the ball. I cannot imagine that this is so revoulutionary and visionary that there has not been prototyping previously. I can see people not liking this if the ball is too loose and pitches and yaws to easily. I am waiting for the first objective reviews to see how people really like it.

1+2 = 6. I actually get a better shave with a Feather AC or a clone, and I do not work for cart industry.
I collect and use all razors, I am just not prejudiced against a specific kind. But don't let that truth get in the way.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...eir-products?p=6195035&highlight=#post6195035
Post # 89

"I am certainly not an apologist for P&G, I even work for their number one competitor. Who have had several failed attempts at entering the shaving market"

I obviously misread your post then. My turn to apologize.
Cheers.

Last edited:
+1 on this. How far can they go with razor design? I like the bogus data about x% closer shave and y% less hairs missed that they are using as a selling point.
I'm not personally interested in buying one but I will be interested to see what the general concensus on the new swivel is.

+1 on this. How far can they go with razor design? I like the bogus data about x% closer shave and y% less hairs missed that they are using as a selling point.

To be fair, we can't just say it's bogus data... I'd be interested in seeing more info on how they gathered and calculated said data, but there are laws about false advertising that I'm sure they aren't willing to violate.

I'm very curious as to the tuning of the ball. I cannot imagine that this is so revoulutionary and visionary that there has not been prototyping previously. I can see people not liking this if the ball is too loose and pitches and yaws to easily. I am waiting for the first objective reviews to see how people really like it.

It a different take on the DE ball pivoting head razor. Argh! The name escapes me it has an ocean named theme. Found it!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-pivoting-head-safety-razor-a-different-shave
attachment.php

Pc: B&B'er Elmerood

It a different take on the DE ball pivoting head razor. Argh! The name escapes me it has an ocean named theme. Found it!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-pivoting-head-safety-razor-a-different-shave
attachment.php

Pc: B&B'er Elmerood

hehe.. so they basically dug back into the vintage archive for "innovations" that never caught on like the vibrating razor, and gave it the modern spin to make it "New and Improved", it seems. Not really a surprise, can't think of any real innovations that can be done with carts or DE's at this point.

Top Bottom