What's new

Thoughts on ARKO

I never understood why people hate this smell. I could see being less than thrilled by it. But to me, at worst it smells like Ivory, though better.

Emmm if the smell was bad enough, wait till you taste it...
tenor(2).gif

It was the Hittites that first formulated Arko in 1600 BC

When the Hittite empire fell in 1180 BC the formula for Arko was lost to the ancient world.

The Greeks ruled, unshaven, up until Cyrus the Great conquerors the area with his Persian army. Unbeknownst to most, a hitherto unknown Hittite Greek parallel text containing the long lost Arko formula was discovered in a cave near the Dardanelles. This resulted in the previously scruffy, unshaven Persian army to support their famously envied BBS faces, gleaming in the sunshine to dazzle their enemies and assisted them in conquering the known world.

All was well and DFS and BBS prevailed until Alexander the Great conquerors the Persians in 334 BC when one again 5 o'clock shadow descended upon the world under Greek occupation.

Once the Roman's arrived the Greek/Hit/Arko tablet was taken back to Rome where Julius caesar pronounce "it's all Greek to me". There it remained until 330 AD when the emperor Constantine decreed Constantinople the new Capitol of the Roman empire taking the Arko formula tablet with him.

The sacred Arko formula was locked away from the world.

It would not emerge again until 1520 AD when Suleman the Magnificent becomes the leader of the Ottoman empire when BBS and DFS once again became the the norm of the civilized world.
And the rest, as we say, is shaving history.

proxy.php
Indeed.
The guy on the label is actually a modern rendering of this bust of the Hittite King Mutallu.
proxy.php

Here, ruins of a temple dedicated to giant white shave sticks:
proxy.php

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
It was the Hittites that first formulated Arko in 1600 BC

When the Hittite empire fell in 1180 BC the formula for Arko was lost to the ancient world.

The Greeks ruled, unshaven, up until Cyrus the Great conquerors the area with his Persian army. Unbeknownst to most, a hitherto unknown Hittite Greek parallel text containing the long lost Arko formula was discovered in a cave near the Dardanelles. This resulted in the previously scruffy, unshaven Persian army to support their famously envied BBS faces, gleaming in the sunshine to dazzle their enemies and assisted them in conquering the known world.

All was well and DFS and BBS prevailed until Alexander the Great conquerors the Persians in 334 BC when one again 5 o'clock shadow descended upon the world under Greek occupation.

Once the Roman's arrived the Greek/Hit/Arko tablet was taken back to Rome where Julius caesar pronounce "it's all Greek to me". There it remained until 330 AD when the emperor Constantine decreed Constantinople the new Capitol of the Roman empire taking the Arko formula tablet with him.

The sacred Arko formula was locked away from the world.

It would not emerge again until 1520 AD when Suleman the Magnificent becomes the leader of the Ottoman empire when BBS and DFS once again became the the norm of the civilized world.
And the rest, as we say, is shaving history.

proxy.php
I knew that.

Indeed.
The guy on the label is actually a modern rendering of this bust of the Hittite King Mutallu.
proxy.php

Here, ruins of a temple dedicated to giant white shave sticks:
proxy.php
Very interesting! It also shows us that the sticks were longer back in the day. They must have gotten a year out of the stick back then.

The ingredient is sodium/potassium tallowate. Technically a salt of the fatty acid in tallow when mixed with a base. It may also appear as stearic acid or sodium/potassium stearate (the salt). The latter can also be veg derived so you would have to know how it was created.

Tallowate was likely the original soap. Animal fat dripped on fire ashes (Potash) and people saw suds when it got wet.

Very interesting! It also shows us that the sticks were longer back in the day. They must have gotten a year out of the stick back then.
Well, not really. All the guys in the community had to go to the temple, climb a ladder, and rub their face across the top of the column, then come back down to lather up and shave. They wore down pretty quickly.

Top Bottom