What's new

Thinking of switching from gas to charcoal

Maybe the worst thing about having a Big Green Egg is the constant risk to your soul. You sit there, smirking, as people wonder what is the ideal grill, and think about how long it will take them to realize The Truth, and whether they ever will.

I admit that this is an awful thing to think.

I admit that it's way too close to the attitude of Prius and Tesla owners for any sort of comfort.

But you have to be where you are.

I also admit the Kamada Joe is probably an equally good grill.

Been looking for a new grill / smoker. Right now I have the char-griller akorn which is a cheap metal version of a BGE. Looking for something that will maintain temps for longer smokes without the babysitting I currently do.

one that has caught my eye is the masterbuilt gravity series. Convenience of a pellet grill but the flavor of charcoal. It might be my next purchase.

ive got one of these, can do normal BBQ grilling but also has rotisserie running both lengthwise and across for different cuts of meat and stuff like corn on the cob.. awesome!!

to this day I still do not own (or ever have) a gas BBQ.. charcoal all the way

BBQ.png

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
ive got one of these, can do normal BBQ grilling but also has rotisserie running both lengthwise and across for different cuts of meat and stuff like corn on the cob.. awesome!!

to this day I still do not own (or ever have) a gas BBQ.. charcoal all the way

View attachment 1279906
I'd need to do a lot more grilling to need something like that wow!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Maybe the worst thing about having a Big Green Egg is the constant risk to your soul. You sit there, smirking, as people wonder what is the ideal grill, and think about how long it will take them to realize The Truth, and whether they ever will.

I admit that this is an awful thing to think.

I admit that it's way too close to the attitude of Prius and Tesla owners for any sort of comfort.

But you have to be where you are.

I also admit the Kamada Joe is probably an equally good grill.
Wherever you go, there you are.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
In my experience, having three grills improves your social life as you can invite more friends over. They bring the steaks... :biggrin1:
I need a better class of losers for my friends!

Of course, I am happy with a few Koegel's hot dogs, so maybe my friends are fine.

FarmerTan

Always, brother. Here if you need me.
If I would not probably cry, I'd tell ya all about it. Mother in Law's (Mother in Love, actually) funeral is tomorrow, and though I am without a doubt sure of her true Home, the emotions and all the issues around the end of any life is just not easy. And this past stinkin' 18+ months of politicizing death with all the news coverage and PSA and stuff has about boiled over in me.

Badger and Blade is my Oasis in the Desert, and my decision to start picking on you, quite possibly the second nicest guy on here about 3+ years ago was the best medicine I've ever had. And trust me on this one: I know medicine! It took me so long to graduate from Nursing Skool that they made me take Pharmacology TWICE! True story doggone!

• Love
Reactions: Lad
If I would not probably cry, I'd tell ya all about it. Mother in Law's (Mother in Love, actually) funeral is tomorrow, and though I am without a doubt sure of her true Home, the emotions and all the issues around the end of any life is just not easy. And this past stinkin' 18+ months of politicizing death with all the news coverage and PSA and stuff has about boiled over in me.

Badger and Blade is my Oasis in the Desert, and my decision to start picking on you, quite possibly the second nicest guy on here about 3+ years ago was the best medicine I've ever had. And trust me on this one: I know medicine! It took me so long to graduate from Nursing Skool that they made me take Pharmacology TWICE! True story doggone!
So sorry to hear your sad news. I'm sure she knows how much she is loved by her family.

FarmerTan

So sorry to hear your sad news. I'm sure she knows how much she is loved by her family.
And I can't help but laugh realizing that she has been discussed in a thread about grilling knowing she was cremated.

This is going to end up in my book doggone!

Reactions: Lad
Top Bottom