What's new

Thinking (hoping) I got a New Deluxe in a nice case!

That looks to be a pretty good find! I'm sure it'll look good in your collection and be a great shaver. I've yet to try a New Deluxe. Someday ...

Other than it being a special version of the "New" that Gillette charged a bit more for, I'm not sure of the naming conventions of these vintage razors.

Any idea why it gets the 'deluxe' name??

Because this style of head was sold with the top of the line razors, it has a thicker base plate then the regular NEW.
Except for the short handle Tuckaway version it's most often seen with a long stemmed cap.

Just one this off the Bay and I'm hoping it is a New Deluxe!:huh:

And what a price! :thumbup: I followed that auction all the way till the end to see what it went for. I already bought one a few days ago. I was surprised at what it went for too. I'm glad it was you that won it. When it sold I thought it was close to your feedback number & thought maybe you did get it! Enjoy :tongue_sm I only wish mine were as nice...

Yes, def. a DeLuxe, have a look here at the 5th image from the ad (profile shot shows head clearly).

proxy.php

Great snag! I was watching this one, but TBH, I totally missed the fact hat is was a DeLuxe (lucky for you :wink2:).

Enjoy that beauty!

Thanks for the well wishes! I will post photos when I have the razor in my hot sweaty hands!!

Got this today and it is in fine shape. I definitely was lucky to get my hands on this! Some plating wear on the head of the razor, but overall not to bad!

Looks Great! :thumbup: Very nice case too! I thought it looked good even in the auction pics. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive it was in Canada so it will take awhile to get here.
Enjoy it & Please, Please let us know how it shaves. :wink2:

Top Bottom