What's new

They'll Let Anyone In

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Hey!
Hi!
My name is Marty and I'm an al.....

Oops! Wrong place
Marty is my name and I am a new steward and have been assigned to The Speakeasy.
I am by no means an expert on alcohol. I love Elijah Craig 12 year and am down to 8 bottles of 1.75liters. I also love Scotch. Peaty, iodiney, smokey, etc. and all the way on the other end with smooth easy drinking.
My Tequila is Corzo
I like my beer dark. Sam Adams Black Lager when I can get it.

I like to sip my alcohol neat while watching baseball. When it is brutally hot here in Texas I will drink My Elijah with Ginger Ale and ice.

I have a daughter leaving for School in Paris, another who wants to go to Harvard or MIT cuz she's not a nerd like her sister, and a 3rd who is something else.

The wife and I work together. Everyday is an adventure!

I have bottles already for 3 weddings:
Johnnie Walker Blue
Crown Royal Extra Rare
MacAllen 25 year

I love to fish and hunt. Don't drink alcohol while doing either.
I spend a bit of time in The Speakeasy and now I shall be here even more.
I am here for the community and this forum.
I am really looking forward to this.
Continue having fun and Speakeasy!
Marty

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Just when I thought I was out, they (it) just keep pulling me back in.

Congrats Marty as new Steward of the Speakeasy. You can start off by telling us what the difference between bourbon and whisky is, or is it spelled whiskey (that's for another day).

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Thank you so much Aaron. It means a great deal to me coming from you!

To answer your question:

Heck Aaron that's way above my pay grade and skills set. You know I ain't that smart.

Looks like I got some splaining to do so here it is from my perspective.

I drink what I like and it don't make me no never mind if it's scotch, whiskey, whisky, Irish whiskey, bourbon, straight Kentucky bourbon whiskey, or something else.

I have heard the difference explained and have read it but it just don't stick in my non-porous skull. It's just not something I fret over.

I think it's like this: Many years ago I was in the country of Moldova in the former Soviet Union and I had the pleasure of touring the Cricova winery. Part of the tour was a wine tasting and I asked about the proper times to drink red wine, white wine, etc. The host, who had a stake in the winery, told me that it doesn't matter. Drink what you like when you like it.

Another example: Dad and grandpa have always said
Don't worry about the mule going blind. Just load the wagon.

Here's what I kinda sorta remember if I remember correctly.
Scotch is Whisky made in Scotland
Bourbon is whiskey made in the U.S.
i think they break it down further but that's way too deep for my pea brain.
Y'all Speakeasy
marty

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Marty, that answer is exactly what I expected from you. You'll do fine here.

....can't wait for the Johnnie Walker Black PIF. :biggrin:

"Bourbon" has to have at least 51% corn in the mash bill, be made in the US, aged in new oak barrels, and can't have anything (color, for example) added. You can go further down the rabbit hole, but that's the basics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Johnnie Walker Blue
Crown Royal Extra Rare
MacAllen 25 year

Congrats!

Very nice choices. I'll have to make do with my Makers Mark for the time being. I did especially enjoy that Crown Royal though. It was all my optometrist friend drank. Very nice after a cold day in a duck blind. No ice needed.

Top Bottom