What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Without any idea of what your scent preferences may be, I'll just list my favorites that I use in fall/winter for ya. :thumbup1:

Coconut Oud
Harvest Moon
Mal Pais
Sangre De Drago
Alt Eleven

*Autumn Factory is a fun one for Thanksgiving too!

I've got ten, with one on the way. I like them all, but if I had to choose:

Sk8shop
Cavendish
Tombstone
Sangre de Drago
Ciderhouse 5

My preferences are some of pinaud's heavier stuff
chiseled face cedar and midnight stag
floid amber isn't too bad
cedarwood/sandalwood from TOBS
maggard's:
tobacco and london
northern moss

didn't like lime sec by pinaud
or sherlock by CF
or tiger after shave balm
james of london sandalwood

I have CaD, Tombstone and K. Really like all three of them. CaD is like blast of fresh clean barbershop. K smells like you ate a mouthful of Good and Plenty candy and drooled on yourself, which would be bad but K is really awesome. Since you like heavier scents Tombstone is a deep scent. If you read the product description that pretty much nails it. Who thought gunpowder, horse, saloon, leather would come together is such a grand way?
I have some Al Fin on the Christmas list. So far I'm 100% in on PAA aftershaves.

Also like summer storm

From colognes I like
azorro pour homme
kiel's original musk
m7 oud absolute

aramis havana

penhaligon opus 1870

G'day
proxy.php

Has anybody used PAA CaD & Club Guy Aftershave & Cologne and what do you think about this product ?

Do you like it ?
Do you hate it ?
And how long does this scent last in hours ?

Cheers
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

I have tried CaD and it's a wonderful scent(to me). It smells pretty much the same as Fine American Blend. For me it lasts a little longer than AB, but it's not an all day thing. I get maybe 2-3 hours out of AB, maybe 4 hours out of CaD. Many people claim that PAA lasts longer than any other brand. I didn't really find that to be true for me. They last a good while, but none of them are all day.

Haven't tried Club Guy.

You can purchase samples from their website. $1 each with pretty cheap shipping. I'd go this route before buying a big bottle. I thought I was going to love all of them after reading the reviews. But there were only a couple I liked (CaD and Sandalwood), the rest I got were much too sweet and/or powdery or too far on the unisex side for my liking.

I don't have those particular scents but I have Dapper Docs, 9,Cavendish,
and lot's of PAA sample vials of aftershave. Really great scents that last longer
than most other AS's that I have.

Well I know he demonstrates this in a video but I'm not sure he does this on a regular basis or for all his EOs.

Admittedly, I have not tried EVERY one, but of the 6 I own and the dozen or so I've sampled, they all have a very long-lasting effect. I believe, based on the evidence, that his after shaves are more like colognes due to the high quality fragrance oils he uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is I have close to 10 of his AS's that I can think of and I get the best all around performance from them, and the awesome scents are just the cherry on top. I probably have that many PAA soaps also which I think are great performers too!

If you like PAA CaD barbershop scent try the PAA Club Guy is another classic barbershop scent which is a little bit different than the CaD and it much better available in pre-shave soap, shave soap & aftershave splash.

I agree with Speedy - I used club guy this morning for my shave, it's one of my most used soaps.

PS: nice avatar by the way Brother Speedy:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried those specific scents from PAA, but I have 4 other scents and those typically last a few hours in the (somewhat noticeable) range. Beyond that, I can still usually catch a whiff if I cup my hands around my nose (which I'm probably just smelling the residual aftershave on my hands at that point, but oh well, it still smells good). One thing I've noticed about PAA is that even when you think the scent is gone, I'll still catch an occasional whiff which is quite nice.

Top Bottom