What's new

The World Shave Off Showdown

Actually looking back at my notes I did the Shave Off right before I disappeared for a while but never took the photos or posted the Shave Off as I got overwhelmed with work and completely forgot to post it until you just reminded me.

I put the head on a Bulldog handle and Looking at my notes it was smooth but the RFB gave me the better overall shave and won the Shave Off

Sorry about not posting it up. I think at that time I was definitely not thinking as clearly as I normally do.

No worries!! That RFB is a tough contender!! :a11: :a11:

Well I guess I’ll have to update my picks
RS10
Gibbs
Timeless
Final
Gibbs
Timeless
Winner
Timeless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final three: Gibbs, RS 10, Timeless Ti .95
Final two: Gibbs, Timeless Ti .95
Winner: Gibbs (ultimate underdog)

Ps—amazing shave-offs esp. 17-4 vs Timeless Ti .95,... I didn’t doubt it for a second despite what others were predicting. Keep up the awesome shave-offs my Friend!!

Last edited:
17-4 vs Timeless Ti .95 was an awesome shave off indeed. Very much enjoying all of the shave offs here. Thank you Frank, and keep up the good work!

Last 3: Raw Shaving RS 10, Gibbs adjustable, Timeless Titanium .95

Last 2: Raw Shaving RS 10, Gibbs adjustable

Winner: Raw Shaving RS 10

Claudio my old friend how’s it going? I’m surprised your not going with your Gibbs!

Good picks though and I’ve marked them

Good luck!
Hey Frank. I'm fine, hows about you?
This thread has kept you busy, close to 5k in posts with probably around half of them yours - some feat!!

Your shave-off so I'm trying to put myself in your shoes. I think that a modern will take it but somewhere in my memory I thought that you are not going to put a vintage against a modern until the final.

I will happily forego my prize if the Gibbs takes it overall ;):);)

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:
Next Shave Off is set to go!

Gibbs Adjustable vs Gillette RFB

Pulled these two out of the hat and after this Shave Off we will be down to the final 4! I was talking to a few members over the weekend and I was telling them at this point I honestly have no idea which razor is going to take this Shave Off as all the razors left in this Shave Off are all smooth shaving razors and I was saying that normally using any one of them individually is a quick shave for me where I don’t have to pay a whole lot of attention to but in these next few Shave Offs because they are all so easy to shave with and very smooth I’m going to have to stay laser focused on every stroke, the blade feel, efficiency, balance and maneuverability of each razor to get a winner out of these last 5 razors.
I’ll be writing this one up later on today or tonight so if some of you want to make a prediction please feel free.

Thanks gents!

E8D5189C-670E-446E-BFFB-F8FD209F969C.jpeg

@Dragonsbeard Hey Frank I know this has been a record breaking thread in its length and number of posts. Other than “what gear I’ve used ...” or “look at my incoming ...” no other thread has come close but since 1918 (see post 4910) ? I know you are working hard but I think someone either needs a nap or you should stop sniffing all your soaps.

Gibbs over RFB. Go Frenchie FooFoo

Top Bottom