What's new

The US Gillette 1941 Ranger Tech. User Information and Comments Please.

Well Gentlemen I am now the proud owner of a 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech.

I got very lucky on an Bay purchase. The total price was £42 including shipping.

These are incredibly rare in the UK.

She has had a life, and has been well used. However, apart from plating loss on a bar guard, and some surface dings, she looks in great condition. Plating appears mostly intact. The seller is reliable, there is a 30 day return option, and the razor has been ultrasonically cleaned, tuned and sanitised.

I may send it to Chris at BRG for a nickel replate and general cleanup. It seems worth it.

Mechanically she is in great shape. Gaps even, doors straight, no bends in head, TTO mechanism working perfectly.

An unboxed specimen. I may see if one is available on BST at some point.

Here she is. Comments welcomed.
Gillette Ranger Tech Vintage Double Edge Safety Razor | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126267213502

In terms of vintage vibes, this is a pinnacle razor for my little collection. It will be a privilege using her, and communing as we shave. What stories will she tell. Last quarter 1941 production is a strong possibilty. Christmas present for a young guy, up for the draft, shaving while wondering what the future would hold? I hope they made it through. Maybe they held on to it post war, and used it overseas too. Looks well used and well loved.

As is well known, I am a notorious vintage razor mystic, a rare sub-species on B&B, so this piece is rather a score and will be an enormous addition to my little gang of vintage friends.

Thanks Gents as always for your great pictures, experiences with the RT and performance insights. Deeply appreciated as always!

Now the only issue is breaking the news to Mrs Ladd in the morning.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
Well Gentlemen I am now the proud owner of a 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech.

I got very lucky on an Bay purchase. The total price was £42 including shipping.

These are incredibly rare in the UK.

She has had a life, and has been well used. However, apart from plating loss on a bar guard, and some surface dings, she looks in great condition. Plating appears mostly intact. The seller is reliable, there is a 30 day return option, and the razor has been ultrasonically cleaned, tuned and sanitised.

I may send it to Chris at BRG for a nickel replate and general cleanup. It seems worth it.

Mechanically she is in great shape. Gaps even, doors straight, no bends in head, TTO mechanism working perfectly.

An unboxed specimen. I may see if one is available on BST at some point.

Here she is. Comments welcomed.
Gillette Ranger Tech Vintage Double Edge Safety Razor | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126267213502

In terms of vintage vibes, this is a pinnacle razor for my little collection. It will be a privilege using her, and communing as we shave. What stories will she tell. Last quarter 1941 production is a strong possibilty. Christmas present for a young guy, up for the draft, shaving while wondering what the future would hold? I hope they made it through. Maybe they held on to it post war, and used it overseas too. Looks well used and well loved.

Thanks Gents as always for your great pictures, experiences with the RT and performance insights. Deeply appreciated as always!

Now the only issue is breaking the news to Mrs Ladd in the morning.
Gotta love it when you finally scratch an itch!

Now, onto the British equivalent.

Top Bottom