What's new

The Timeless Bronze .78 OC

Shave 1 was with a Nacet and the original handle. This combination was poor and caused irritation. The original handle is too heavy and is going back in the box

Shave 2 was with an Astra SP and Evgeny Koshelev titanium handle. Much better results. This is clearly the right kind of handle and the right weight at 53g, so total weight is 97g now. The Astra was smooth and no irritation.

Shave 3 with the Bronze and I think we're getting somewhere. Koshelev titanium handle 53g is working like a charm - balance is perfect. Today the blade was a Yellow and this had the sharpness of a Nacet and the smoothness of an Astra SP, which is what I've come to expect of the Yellows. This looks like the go-to blade for the Bronze. Soap was Boellis Chiaia 1924 well hydrated as usual, and brush a Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf. Result was an exceptionally close shave with no irritation. Good results all over - neck, chin and cheeks.

How does this compare with the R41 with the same titanium handle? It's very close. I think the Bronze is a tiny touch ahead on efficiency but very hard to call. Where the Bronze scores is the quality of the head - the colour of the aluminium bronze and the solid and weighty metalwork are a joy to look at and use.

I'm pretty happy with this razor, but as above the handle needs replacing to get the best results, or even acceptable results. Quite an interesting Gothic look with the Koshelev, and really good grip and balance.

Timeless+Ti1.jpg
Timeless+Ti2.jpg
Timeless+Ti3.jpg

Top Bottom