What's new

The Timeless Bronze .78 OC

This arrived last evening. Nice packaging. When I opened it up I was blown away with the absolute beauty of this razor (to me). Gorgeous colour and a hefty 129 gm. in weight. Loaded up with a Polsilver blade and went to work. I needed almost zero pressure and gave myself a 2 pass shave with a bit of buffing to finish off with. This is a great razor and delivers a really good shave with a minimum of effort. If you're looking at a high end razor this should be one to consider. Beautifully finished with a high polish. This is definitely a razor I will be using for a long time.
fullsizeoutput_6c.jpeg
IMG_0517.JPG
fullsizeoutput_6d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_6e.jpeg

Agreed. Just an incredible looking razor and if it shaves anything like it's counterparts, it will deliver smooth and efficient shaves.

M

member 119848

Congratulations!
Not only it looks beautiful, but it looks efficient...

Would love to know where it stands relative to other efficient razors like the CLG3 (my favorite), the Ikon Tech and the like.

I also love this razor, @huck1680. It's now perhaps my #3 (after my two Charcoal Goods Level 3s). The blade is not prominent, perhaps due to a rigid clampdown and a smaller blade gap than most of my favorites, but it is most certainly efficient. It also can bite if I'm not careful. And it's beautiful, and heavy. I'm increasingly surprised how much I like this one, given my appreciation of feeling the blade.

M

member 119848

What a surprise. I ordered the bronze OC last friday, and the shipment was already at my door on monday morning! (FYI I live in Germany)
I could only open the box this evening... I´m thrilled. Even my wife said "Wow!"
Can ´t wait for tomorrow morning to shave with it.
Big shout out to @Dragonsbeard and @pbrmhl for putting so much valuable information available for all of us. Only good information makes sound purchasing decisions. You guys deserve commissions from razor-makers ;)

What a surprise. I ordered the bronze OC last friday, and the shipment was already at my door on monday morning! (FYI I live in Germany)
I could only open the box this evening... I´m thrilled. Even my wife said "Wow!"
Can ´t wait for tomorrow morning to shave with it.
Big shout out to @Dragonsbeard and @pbrmhl for putting so much valuable information available for all of us. Only good information makes sound purchasing decisions. You guys deserve commissions from razor-makers ;)

What a great idea! And thanks, Fabi.

Just bumping this one to see how you're liking this razor after a month, @huck1680.

I think I'm almost over RAD but this one has caught my eye. Perhaps planning my 2020 splurge.

Just bumping this one to see how you're liking this razor after a month, @huck1680.

I think I'm almost over RAD but this one has caught my eye. Perhaps planning my 2020 splurge.
I've had some other razors show up as well, but I've clocked about 5 shaves so far and still think this is one of the nicest looking and shaving razors I have.

I've had some other razors show up as well, but I've clocked about 5 shaves so far and still think this is one of the nicest looking and shaving razors I have.

Thanks, that's great to hear it shaves as well as it looks.

In denial about your RAD my friend? Yep I say that to myself all the time when I really know it’s not true! :lol:

Thanks @Dragonsbeard! The key word being "almost" haha. Also, I think (note the think) I know the difference between "needing" and "wanting" a new razor. Or that's what I tell myself.

Haha!! I agree my friend i justify every razor I buy for one reason or another!

My excuse is I haven’t tried that one yet, gets me in trouble.

Any day that ends with 'y' is usually a good enough excuse for me. I'm trying to show some restraint this year and get some more time with razors I already have. There are a few I'd probably buy/trade for right away, but hoping sell and trade this year.

Any day that ends with 'y' is usually a good enough excuse for me. I'm trying to show some restraint this year and get some more time with razors I already have. There are a few I'd probably buy/trade for right away, but hoping sell and trade this year.
Gotta tell ya. Shaved with the 78 today. For me, this is a razor that requires time, patience and attention. What I wound up with was a BBS that allowed me to take my time, enjoy the moment and really get into this razor.

You have a Karve, right? Is the Karve easier to use? I interpret your above comment that the Timeless Bronze is not easy.

You have a Karve, right? Is the Karve easier to use? I interpret your above comment that the Timeless Bronze is not easy.
Yes, I have the Karve with the D plate and I have the C plate coming as well. The .78 requires (from me) more attention than some of my other razors, that's all. It's a terrific razor but you can't rush through your shave with it (again this is for me) so I'm adjusting my technique a bit to suit this shaver. I currently have around 20 razors I use so I find some razors are similar as to technique, angle etc, whereas others are different as to input needed.

Top Bottom