What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Whole parckernstyle brisket at the local Sams are going for $2.49lb.
Wasnt long ago they were going for .99lb.

Bout the same around here at Wally World on the $2.49...Krogers had them at $3.50 a pound or so last time I looked...that sucks. It's over $50 for a whole packer.

WERE IS THE .99 CENTS A POUND????

i know...I said this last year...drought, feed shortage, ranchers selling off herd due to feed costs=high beef prices later.

Last edited:

brucered

System Generated
I gotta check prices around here. The sad thing is, most supermarkets, Costco and even the butchers don't stock them.

When I did my brisket last year, I had to get my butcher to bring it in special for me.

After seeing what you guys have at USA Costco just sitting out every day, I'm jealous. On my last road trip I debated throwing some meat in our plug in cooler, but it would have been a nightmare getting it across the border. They probably would have confiscated it anyways.

Threw a 4# pork shoulder on the smoker this morning at 6:30, twelve hours later:
(edit: I used Aaron Franklins basic rub recommendation of salt,pepper,paprika,onion powder and garlic powder.)
$image.jpg$image.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
What up Bob? All you need is a corn tortilla, a squeeze of lime, a pinch of cilantro and a spicy hot salsa.

....or a big ole bun, BBQ sauce, onion, pickles and an appetite.

Well done.

What up Bob? All you need is a corn tortilla, a squeeze of lime, a pinch of cilantro and a spicy hot salsa.

....or a big ole bun, BBQ sauce, onion, pickles and an appetite.

Well done.

I am thinking I will use the leftovers for a Mexican lunch tomorrow, but my wife suggested using it for lettuce wraps with a teriyaki/hoisin sauce which also sounds good. That's the great thing with pulled pork, many options for the leftovers.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Bob, the pork looks great

Here are the lamb chops with some slaw the sister in law brought over. I know it has broccoli, carrots, and apple in it. I will have to ask her for the recipe because it is a great warm weather dish.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 51

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Ha, not that long. :biggrin: I am on vacation and am handling some books. Just got done with Frankenstein, and am about to start To Kill a Mockingbird.

Great reading. Great food. Slaw looks scrumptious. That's a recipe I would love to have.
i would say enjoy your vacation but you've got that down to a science.

Bob even used the Franklin Texas Style BBQ sauce that he won. I hope it was good.

It was very good, I used the first half of the bottle on a shoulder I did two weeks ago that turned out so well that my youngest kept asking if I could make some again soon. We typically use a sweeter/thicker sauce for our BBQ, but for pulled pork a thinner sauce like Franklins works really well.

As I said earlier, this was the first time I used the basic Salt and Pepper rub, and I'm sold on it. It really turned out well, it let's the flavor of the meat speak for itself, and the leftovers will be more neutrally flavored making the options unlimited. I'm definitely going to try it on my next brisket.

Last edited:
Top Bottom