What's new

The Tech!

Just had my first shave with a Tech and an Israeli blade. What a nice little razor! I did a normal three pass shave, and no irritation at all! It was one of the most comfortable shave I have had since starting this whole thing back in January. Maybe not the closest, but a DFS for sure.

If you haven't tried this razor yet, do it! If you are new guy just starting out, this is the razor for you!

Signed,

"Blown away in Kalamazoo!"

Very under rated razor due to its perceived lack of aggression. When the technique is correct there is a BBS waiting.
Great little shaver and plenty around at reasonable prices.

Yup....a perfect razor in my view. Add a feather and you have reached nirvana.

All those mechanicaly-complex TTO's have the sex appeal but the Tech is the pinacle of simple shaving.

TTO's==Super-tall-finned behomoth Cadillacs

Three Piece's==Stutz Bearcats

I have long proclaimed the Red Tip as my favorite, and while the color, the knurling, and the aggressive shave are still so appealing, I've grown very fond of my Fat Handled Tech with either a Feather or Red Pack Personna blade, and get BBS with it and no irritation. It's getting more and more slots in the daily rotation.

:cool:

Another great shave from the Tech this morning. This might become a "goto" razor. I can't believe how comfortable the shave is.

I like my Slant, which is pretty much the other end of the scale as far as aggression goes, but man, the Tech just performs beautifully!

I'll give it a go with a Feather this weekend.

Yes, if a razor gives a BBS shave with no extra effort and no irritation, it's hard to rationalize a desire for more aggressvie razor. Enjoy your shaves!

:cool:

I have a ball-end. I'm intending on using it for a travel razor but it's just too good not to use at home. I'm debating replacing my SS (can't replace my slim adjustable with it, I love it) in my rotation.

My first DE was the fat-handled tech....I get such a great shave with it that I have never been affected with TTORAD.

I think the Tech is a very underrated razor....

Fat handled Tech and Astra Superior Platinum is a good combo. A nice DE but a little on the gentle side for me.

The tech was one of the most popular razors that Gillette produced. Its production run was close to 40 years. That pretty much says it all.

I've been working out with me Bull Mastiff XL and a Merkur head...just switched to a Tech and am much happier. I concur! Great geometry, just vary the sharpness of the blade to suit yerself and you get great results.

I keep trying razors that are more 'aggressive' and get more pain w/little improvement. I keep returning to the tech, I love how it just glides around my face.

I'm sorry I waited almost two years to try a Tech. Yes, I am an idiot...sigh. I finally used one maybe three months ago. This is also after using maybe 20-25 other razors beforehand.

Most Tech versions I've tried give me some of the best shaves of all the razors used so far. It even gives my 'go to' razor(fatboy on 3) a run for it's money.

I think the head must be very intuitive and it's an easy razor to adapt to. A very sharp blade is the perfect complement for this mild yet effective little gem. I have a few of these now in my regular rotation.

Heh, not a bad razor.........

Martin

I'm sorry I waited almost two years to try a Tech. Yes, I am an idiot...sigh. I finally used one maybe three months ago. This is also after using maybe 20-25 other razors beforehand.

Most Tech versions I've tried give me some of the best shaves of all the razors used so far. It even gives my 'go to' razor(fatboy on 3) a run for it's money.

I think the head must be very intuitive and it's an easy razor to adapt to. A very sharp blade is the perfect complement for this mild yet effective little gem. I have a few of these now in my regular rotation.

Heh, not a bad razor.........

Martin

Are you serious, Martin! After all this time I would have never imagined you hadn't tried one early than that. :eek:

R

rainman

Is there a big difference between Tech heads? I've seen 2 types. I've used the older head type. How much different is the newer one?

Top Bottom