What's new

The Strop-Off

Speaking of "one or two more couldn't hurt"....

Well, I bought one of Jose's Spanish Horsehides and LOVE it... So I bought one of Ian (Screaming Pig) 's Ox-Hide strops to test both of the B&B Makers (his should arrive in a day or two)... Then SRD said that their horsehide was out (It's just the Modular pad for now...) so I want one of those... But I'm not paying shipping for just a modular paddle... Hey, the Premium I is on sale, so with a P1 and a Horsehide I get free shipping...

And once I sell this razor, I can get one of Jose's cordovans...

Oh crap!

Speaking of "one or two more couldn't hurt"....

Well, I bought one of Jose's Spanish Horsehides and LOVE it... So I bought one of Ian (Screaming Pig) 's Ox-Hide strops to test both of the B&B Makers (his should arrive in a day or two)... Then SRD said that their horsehide was out (It's just the Modular pad for now...) so I want one of those... But I'm not paying shipping for just a modular paddle... Hey, the Premium I is on sale, so with a P1 and a Horsehide I get free shipping...

And once I sell this razor, I can get one of Jose's cordovans...

Oh crap!

I am really looking forward to your comparison of the two B&B strop makers. Both are offering fantastic products, but a side by side comparison is always good.

To be fair, I've just talked to Ambrose... Once I get my Wostenholm in the classifieds sold, I'm picking up one of his Cordovans too... Then I can do a head to head of Jose's Spanish Horsehide, Cordovan, and Ian's Ox hide...

And Jose mentioned he was getting some regular horsehide...

God help me.

:lol:

You are going to need a whole new room just to house all of your strops.

Considering that they are all different materials it wont be a direct comparison, but should be interesting none the less.

Actually, I have a whole wall of my dorm devoted to it... I'm working on selling some of the duplicates, and I've actually just finished making my first strop (still not fully assembled, I'm waiting on swivel snaps in the mail), but it turned out quite beautifully... Pictures to follow when finished :D

Well. I've reached my shopping quota for the next few months... I don't buy that many razors, I'm culling my brush herd, but strops... I can't stop!

In the last few weeks I've increased my strop collection to the following:

(New strops)
Ambrose Cordovan (Classico)
Screaming Pig Oxhide
SRD Horsehide Modular Paddle Pad
SRD Premium I (With Herringbone fabric)
SRD Premium Horsehide (Herringbone fabric)
(old)
Ambrose Spanish Horsehide
TM Horsehide
Kangaroo and Herringbone
SRD Premium IV English Bridle
TM Latigo
Vintage loom
SRD Modular Paddle (Premium I, Premium IV, Rough Leather, Clean felt and .5 micron Felt)

And, To top it all off, I'm sending Barber-Eile a Kangaroo and Denim strop (to replace her Zeepk!) and just finished making my first strop ever, which turned out excellently.

STROP STROP STROP STROP STROP!

Well. I've reached my shopping quota for the next few months... I don't buy that many razors, I'm culling my brush herd, but strops... I can't stop!

In the last few weeks I've increased my strop collection to the following:

(New strops)
Ambrose Cordovan (Classico)
Screaming Pig Oxhide
SRD Horsehide Modular Paddle Pad
SRD Premium I (With Herringbone fabric)
SRD Premium Horsehide (Herringbone fabric)
(old)
Ambrose Spanish Horsehide
TM Horsehide
Kangaroo and Herringbone
SRD Premium IV English Bridle
TM Latigo
Vintage loom
SRD Modular Paddle (Premium I, Premium IV, Rough Leather, Clean felt and .5 micron Felt)

And, To top it all off, I'm sending Barber-Eile a Kangaroo and Denim strop (to replace her Zeepk!) and just finished making my first strop ever, which turned out excellently.

STROP STROP STROP STROP STROP!

But what about a:
Hand American
Dovo
Walkin Horse
etc

:lol::lol::lol:

I am completely envious of your strop collection!

I only have two strops, a rickboone practice strop and a SRP English Bridle strop(bought from your recommendation on your big strop thread on SRP)

I am completely envious of your strop collection!

I only have two strops, a rickboone practice strop and a SRP English Bridle strop(bought from your recommendation on your big strop thread on SRP)

And isn't the EB worth it :) No more big strop threads there though, it's all happening here... If only the strop forum was more active :lol:

Top Bottom