What's new

The Speakeasy PIF?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
There was one time that involved a collapsing set of stairs in a a friends house, a smashed toilet, a popped water bed, 8 boxes of Mac n cheese, a shotgun, and a dead rooster. I don’t remember anything about the night but have had the story repeated to me numerous times by different people who were there.

There’s another one when I was visiting Ft. Myers Fla. I had a buddy that lives there and knew the bartender at a bar called Top of the Mast. We ended up drinking frozen Rum Runners for about 5 hours. I ordered oysters and after 3 of them knew that my GI tract was gonna have issues. I high tailed it out of the bar and onto the mostly deserted beach where what I swear was 5 gallons of Rum Runners and 3 oysters came up. I say the beach was mostly deserted because there was a Ft. Myers PD officer 10ft behind me as I stumbled down the beach. I remember very clearly him telling me if I stopped walking I was going to jail. I proceeded to stumble/vomit my way down the beach for an undetermined amount of time. I rather suddenly came out of my haze and realized I had no idea where I was. Turns out I had walked about 3 miles down the beach. I have no idea how long the officer followed me. My buddy was freaking out thinking I had walked into the ocean and drowned. I still have the cup I was drinking rum runners out of.

I’m not in on the PIF though, yearly sabbatical and all.

Not to derail the thread but I have a story I’d like to share. First of all, it’s second person but I vouch for the original story teller. Second, this is not a “sometimes hangovers are good“ story and I don’t want to be flippant about this true, heart-stopping story.

I flew with a guy and he was a very smart engineer, a fantastic pilot and the kind of great dude you liked to fly with. Here is his story.

He was stationed in Germany in the late eighties and was flying back to US for Christmas. He decided to get a stopover in London meet up with buddies before he went home.

It went according to plan. He ended up meeting his friends and having too good a time.

On Dec. 21, 1988, he missed his alarm, woke up later still drunk and went back to sleep. Later, he realized that he had missed his flight. Pan Am 103.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
EXCELLENT story! You ain't taking any money with you when you leave, and you had a great memory with your folks. Priceless.

I bough Mic Fleetwood's autobiography at the Dollar Store a while back and it was one of the best I've ever read by a musician. I hope to be as candid as he was if I ever right my story.

You mean this guy?

IMAG0153.jpg

At the end of the night, he let us all know that he had a cold. I never would have known. Everyone was amazing.

A few more highlights from an amazing, three hour show:

IMAG0127.jpg
IMAG0151.jpg
IMAG0148.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
by the time our minute was up, we each caught 9 shots for a team total of 18

And you lived to tell the tale! Man, I would've been kissing the floor after 9 shots in a minute, even in my best days.

I told this to Mrs. TL, and she said two things. First, that was more like the dumbest way you got drunk rather than the dumbest thing you've done while drunk (but I reminded her about the free shots after 🤣). The other was that your wife is a rock star.

There’s another one when I was visiting Ft. Myers Fla. I had a buddy that lives there and knew the bartender at a bar called Top of the Mast. We ended up drinking frozen Rum Runners for about 5 hours... I still have the cup I was drinking rum runners out of.
There’s another one when I was visiting Ft. Myers Fla. I had a buddy that lives there and knew the bartender at a bar called Top of the Mast. We ended up drinking frozen Rum Runners for about 5 hours... I still have the cup I was drinking rum runners out of.
FB8705CC-E46A-40B5-847D-BF9288AE1DC2.jpeg
I’ve had a few of those Rum Runners! I stayed away from the food there, though!

You’re right; the place is no longer. We shed a tear when one of my son’s friends dropped one of those glasses on the lanai deck. My daughter has six left. I only go down there for hurricane surf now.
ED0BA398-DD0C-48BB-8148-D1DA1F5A0BEE.jpeg
That’s the Pierside Grill, next to the old Top O’ Mast.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Still not in.
This was me after sampling about 50 whiskies at Whisky Fest a couple of years ago. The picture alone should tell the story. Luckily we were staying in the hotel it was in so all I had to do is stumble to my room. My tasting notes went from pretty good to indecipherable symbols by the end of the night. I knew I should have spit after sampling but some of the whiskies were so good I felt bad “wasting” them. I sent this to my wife when she asked how we were doing. Her response was something like “your gonna feel like **** tomorrow. Haha”
C59149C0-FD65-4C4E-8388-1715078AA294.jpeg

I'm in

here is the story, not mine but a friend told this story that once he got home and saw her wife drunk with her friends so he decided to join them and drank like half a bottle of vodka. but her wife went to sleep alittle while later while the guy stayed up and decided to play games, he went to game store and search for the game to buy it and been so drunk not able to focus on the screen, he tried to buy a game, put password and all but dint got the game to be installed or something like that, well he did tried multiple times and then went to sleep.
next morning he wokeup and viewed his purchase history to make sure he even bought the right copy. he was shocked to find out that he had bought the game 8 frigging times. In drunken state, he had actually been hitting the send a gift button, filling his email address, setting the sender name as his password and purchasing a gift code.

lets just say that half bottle of vodka turned out to be super expensive for him :)
According to random number generator, you win!
Tell me where to send it :)

Top Bottom