What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2021

^^That is a very small bottle of Blantons or some seriously huge cigars.
šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s just a mini
DB35DFAA-0C26-4744-8A58-9BE176960A61.jpeg
Ā 

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Many of those are on my "like to try" list. Well done.
I have a love/hate relationship with this local store. They get stuff in that while not on allotment is harder to find. They also have the entire Pappy line, if youā€™re willing to pay 2-3k for a bottle. I hate the price gouging, but according to them they sell bottles at that price. Then again theyā€™re also the place that has the Artemis on sale so I feel like Iā€™m sticking it to them a little bit buying the cases.
Ā 
Sounds like weā€™re in the same area. Iā€™ve seen Old Hamer all over the place but havenā€™t pulled the trigger any yet. It seems to get generally good to mixed reviews.
I'm just not sure I see the same benefits of craft whiskey as I do in craft beer. Perhaps that will change, but age is hard to overcome.
Ā 
Local liquor store was running a sale on Artemis. I think they may have confused it with Stagā€™s Leap regular Cab. They were selling it for cheaper than the regular Cab. usually runs. I may go back and buy another case.

I would have gone back for the second and maybe even third case if they priced it that low. SL Artemis is my fav cab out there bar none. Nice haul.
Ā 

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I would have gone back for the second and maybe even third case if they priced it that low. SL Artemis is my fav cab out there bar none. Nice haul.
Itā€™s one of our favorites as well. The sale runs through the 6th so I will more than likely be going back. Priced at $33 a bottle.
Ā 

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I'm just not sure I see the same benefits of craft whiskey as I do in craft beer. Perhaps that will change, but age is hard to overcome.
I think that quite a few of the original ā€œcraft whiskeyā€ producers were actually bottling MGP juice to get capital while their own whiskey was aging. MGP has been known to, and still does, turn out some really good whisky. Once their own whiskey had aged long enough they started bottling it and in some cases it wasnā€™t as good as the MGP stuff they had been bottling. There are some really good craft whiskeys out there, but I think there are a lot more mediocre ones.
Ā 
Costco run today. Picked up some Kirkland scotch. Two because I was u supervised . šŸ¤« As I was returning my cart I saw a bottle on the cart I was about to push into the coral. I looked around and didnā€™t see anyone. So I decided some teenager might find this and make bad decisions. So I took it to be my civic duty to dispose of it properly. Tomorrow is my birthday so Iā€™m going to take it as a good karma early birthday present.

0874C4F1-6DBB-496A-8554-E2A4F88D3F40.jpeg
Ā 
Top Bottom