What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2021

Some things picked up for my birthday...

IMG_0496.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm not too familiar with tequila, but I think blanco tequilas are generally used for mixing. Sipping tequila has usually been barrel aged.

I really have no idea. I just googled “best sipping tequilas” and this was one that showed up that the liquor store had.

ABC Vault today. Didn’t see the email until lunch and missed out on Old Rip Van Winkle 10. 😕
Picked up Weller 12 for $30.

I just won’t pay for Pappy. I had the opportunity to get a bottle last week, and have had the opportunity previously in the past and I just can’t get past the ridiculous markup. It’s a good whisky. I’ve even had a couple of great glasses, but it nowhere is good enough to command the price it does. I will say that Buffalo Trace has done an amazing marketing job with this whisky.

I just won’t pay for Pappy. I had the opportunity to get a bottle last week, and have had the opportunity previously in the past and I just can’t get past the ridiculous markup. It’s a good whisky. I’ve even had a couple of great glasses, but it nowhere is good enough to command the price it does. I will say that Buffalo Trace has done an amazing marketing job with this whisky.
This has been my experience with many of the hard to find whiskeys. I can buy a LOT of other really good bottles for the price of one of these.

First post in this section. Got this stuff for my birthday/ fathers day this year! I'm excited as I'm an alcohol newb. Been dabbling with beers the last year or two with too much success. Have been wanting to try some different types of liquors. Pretty excited to try all this stuff out. Never tried anything of this nature before so it might get interesting haha

20210619_210320.jpg

20210619_210334.jpg

20210619_210352.jpg

20210619_210423.jpg

20210619_210440.jpg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
First post in this section. Got this stuff for my birthday/ fathers day this year! I'm excited as I'm an alcohol newb. Been dabbling with beers the last year or two with too much success. Have been wanting to try some different types of liquors. Pretty excited to try all this stuff out. Never tried anything of this nature before so it might get interesting haha
Welcome!

View attachment 1285862

View attachment 1285863

View attachment 1285865

View attachment 1285866

View attachment 1285867
Glad to hear from you! Some nice drinks there. I love carrying a flask. Enjoy

Top Bottom