What's new

The Score! Great Outdoors Edition

Got this in the mail yesterday! Pretty excited about it. A fisher 1266x ๐Ÿ‘. Got a deal on it as it needs a battery box repair. Looks like an easy fix. Then it will be back up and running. My first time trying an analog machine that is tone only. I've heard these have a pretty good reputation so I'm excited to give it a try ๐Ÿ‘

20220221_174504.jpg
20220221_174521.jpg
ย 

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Picked up this cheap Ozark Trail knife at Walmart yesterday. I've picked up a few of these in the last year and I'm pretty happy with them. They're pretty solid, but at $6 a pop, if I lose them or they break, oh well.

IMG_20220316_132310151.jpg
ย 

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Walmart had a pretty good propane/butane stove, the Camp Chef Stryker, for half price. Snagged one.

Multi-fuel always appeals to me ... so does half off!

proxy.php

After the last hurricane, the dual-fuel Coleman didn't want to light - instantly replaced it with an ultralight butane rig (and fixed it later). Coffee got made as we watched the water rise and the wind blew ... ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

AA
ย 
I'm 49 and never owned a 'real"' set of binoculars. After numerous Costco and similar purchases over the years, I finally splurged for a quality set.

These appeared to check all the boxes I was looking for and didn't drain my wallet to dry ($225 cad). From what I understand their lifetime warranty can't be beat. They'll get used for camping, canoe and fishing

Vortex diamondback HD 8x32

PXL_20220330_185216867.jpg
ย 

Kilroy6644

Got an order from Discount Cutlery today. Two spare handles for the Cold Steel Special Forces shovel, a Cold Steel trench shovel (larger version of the aforementioned SF shovel), and these two knives:

IMG_20220409_001728648.jpg

On the right is a Douk-Douk El Baraka. I already had a Douk-Douk, but this one is shiny.

On the left is a Joker large Bowie. Spanish, similar quality to my Muela knives. I have absolutely no use for it, but it's scratching that '80s nostalgia itch again. This time it's a little less Rambo and a little more generic action movie, but it's much better quality than the Harbor Freight survival knife I got last week. I was surprised by how good the old school camo sheath is. It looks like cheap nylon, but it's actually pretty thick and tough.
ย 
Two more blades added. An old hickory hunters knife. Pretty much a 5.5in version of their butcher knife. Pretty nice! Also a morakniv eldris. Really like this one. Super sharp and neat! The neck knife kit with ferro rod is sweet too!

20220502_201544.jpg
20220502_201711.jpg
ย 
Might be a little outside the box, but yesterday I bought a 6x12 utility trailer that I'm going to build a small travel trailer on for hunting and camping.

To keep the wife happy it's going to be an RV Queen mattress with just enough interior room to stand and change in privacy. The rear is going to have a teardrop trailer style galley, and most of the storage will be pass-through under the mattress.
ย 
Some miscellaneous backpacking stuff. Titanium 750 ml pot, titanium pot stand, solar light, spork, inflatable pillow and one of my Opinel knives that I have had for a while. I also recently got an REI half dome 2 tent and footprint.

C8BD3FBE-169B-4F9F-976F-135BC07C57D4.jpeg
ย 
Went to cabelas and blew a giftcard I got for Christmas finally lol. Pretty neat little knife. Gerber tri tip mini cleaver.

20220523_171504.jpg
20220523_171431.jpg
ย 

Kilroy6644

Couple of knives today. A Fred Perrin Vendetta, and a Rough Ryder marlin spike knife. The Vendetta is a cross between the vendetta tourist knives sold in Corsica and the Douk-Douk. It's got the classic vendetta shape, but it's built like a Douk-Douk. I don't care for the design on the blade, but other than that, it's a nice knife.

IMG_20220605_000011497_HDR~2.jpg
ย