What's new

The Return of RazoRocktober!

It's been a month of many fine shaves, using some fine RazoRock products.

Aristocrat Jr. w/PolSI
SOC cherry boar
RazoRock Bee's Knees soap
RazoRock AS wax

One more morning shave to go. But it won't end for me tomorrow. RR products are among my favorites, and are always in my lineup. Really grew to love XX this month.

Most likely my last shave of RazoRocktober as I generally skip days. It has been a wonderful month chalk full of the best shaves out there. There's nothing like rocking a BBS/DFS after every shave and with very minimal effort. With that said, the final shave consisted of:

Prep: Hot shower, TBS Maca Root Face Wash
Razor: Gillette Ball-End Tech
Blade: New Personna Lab
Brush: B&B Essential Saint Sue Edition
Soap: RR XX
Aftershave: WH, Nivea Energy Splash, RR XX ASB

Till next year............

I too have enjoyed this month of great shaves, and reading about all everyone else's favorites :)

My greatest discovery this month has been the 888 soap. I liked it before, but after spending more time with it I REALLY like it now. The difference came in figuring out that I really needed more water to make it a really slick and happy soap. Now it's my favorite; and it conditions so well I don't even need an aftershave balm!

Prep: Hot Shower / Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Razor: George W. Korn 4/8 Hollow
Brush: Ever Ready C40 Restore with TGN 22mm Finest XH
Soap: RazoRock XX
A/S: RazoRock Baby Blue
Method of lather: Bowl
Quality of lather: Slick
Result: DFS
Irritation: 3/10

Last day of RazoRocktober and I have to say it was one of my best SR shaves to date. I am in the next progression of learning, and I finally have figured out a way to get some of my neck hairs that grow side to side.

The XX was super slick, which really helped. The alum stung enough to let me know that I now have to work on pressure, etc...

The Baby Blue was super nice after the alum sting. Overall I walk away with a DFS+ straight razor shave with some great products.

It's been a super fun month!!! :thumbup:

10/31/13 -- Final RazoRocktober Shave

Pre: PREP pre/post cream
Razor: Bakelite slant
Blade: Lord Platinum
Brush: Semogue Italian Barber LE
Soap: RazorRock XX

proxy.php

Also fitting that today was the last shave with the XX.

proxy.php

RazoRocktober 31 - SOTD

Razor:
Merkur 34c
Blade:
Astra SS (7)
Brush: Semogue 1620
Soap/Cream: RazoRock KotC - Lavender
Aftershave: Speick

A wonderful shave today. Great lather, super smooth shave.

31 days in October, 31 days of RazoRock. I managed to use something shave related from them every single day.

Date
Razor
Blade
Blade UseBrushSoapAfter Shave
10/1/2013RazoRock Jaws OC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black3Semogue 1520Lea RegularCaptain's Choice Lime
10/2/2013RazoRock Jaws OC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black4Semogue 1800Lea RegularPinaud Clubman Special Reserve
10/3/2013RazoRock Jaws OC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black5Edwin Jagger 1EJ872RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving Soap
Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
10/4/2013Edwin Jagger DE89Trig Silver Edge Stainless Steel6Semogue SOC - BoarRazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapAqua Velva Ice Blue
10/5/2013Merkur 34cAstra Superior Stainless3Frank ShavingRazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapCaptain's Choice Lime
10/6/2013RazoRock Jaws OC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black6Semogue 1800RazoRock Brain FreezeRazoRock Evil Eye
10/7/20131957 C2 Gillette Red TipAstra SP2Semogue 1520RazoRock Brain FreezeSpeick
10/8/2013RazoRock SLAB
Voskhod1Edwin Jagger 1EJ872RazoRock Brain FreezeRazoRock Evil Eye
10/9/2013Maggard MR6Dorco Stainless1Semogue 1460RazoRock Brain FreezeOld Spice
10/10/2013RazoRock SLAB
Voskhod2Dubl Duck 2RazoRock Brain FreezePinaud Clubman Special Reserve
10/11/2013Merkur 34cAstra Superior Stainless4Semogue SOC - BoarRazoRock Brain FreezeCaptain's Choice Bay Rum & RazoRock Evil Eye
10/12/2013RazoRock SLAB
Voskhod3Semogue 1520RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapPinaud Clubman Special Reserve
10/13/20131920s Gillette Old Type Ball End TechPersonna - Red3Semogue 1800RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapBrut
10/14/2013Merkur 34cAstra Superior Stainless5Semogue SOC - BoarRazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapPinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
10/15/2013No ShaveRazoRock Evil Eye
10/16/2013No ShaveRazoRock Evil Eye
10/17/2013RazoRock Jaws OC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black7Semogue SOC - BoarRazoRock XX Artisan Shaving Soap
Pinaud Clubman Vanilla
10/18/2013RazoRock SLAB
Voskhod4Semogue 1460RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapOld Spice
10/19/2013No ShaveRazoRock Evil Eye
10/20/2013RazoRock SLAB
Voskhod5Semogue 1460RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapPinaud Clubman Musk
10/21/2013Maggard MR6Crystal1Dubl Duck 2RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapCaptain's Choice Bay Rum
10/22/20131920s Gillette Old Type Ball End TechPersonna - Red4Edwin Jagger 1EJ872RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapRazoRock Evil Eye
10/23/20132013 Ri,Mei Razor (SODIAL)Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum Black1Semogue 1800RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapBrut
10/24/2013Merkur 34cAstra Superior Stainless6Semogue 1520RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapCaptain's Choice Lime
10/25/2013No ShaveRazoRock Evil Eye
10/26/2013RazoRock Jaws OC
Crystal1Semogue 1460RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving SoapOld Spice
10/27/20131957 C2 Gillette Red TipAstra SP3Semogue 1800RazoRock King of the Castle - LavenderPinaud Clubman Vanilla
10/28/2013Maggard MR6Crystal2Semogue SOC - BoarRazoRock King of the Castle - LavenderMasters Bay Rum
10/29/20131967 M1 Gillette Travel Tech w/Maggard MR13 HandleTreet Classic Carbon Steel1Edwin Jagger 1EJ872RazoRock King of the Castle - LavenderStetson Cooling Moisture
10/30/2013RazoRock SLAB
Voskhod1Dubl Duck 2RazoRock King of the Castle - LavenderCaptain's Choice Bay Rum & RazoRock Evil Eye
10/31/2013Merkur 34cAstra Superior Stainless7Semogue 1520RazoRock King of the Castle - LavenderSpeick

Last edited:
RazoRocktober Shave #31

Finishing off a great RazoRockin month with RR XXX + Baby Blue + Borsari Acqua Classica. It's been a fun month using some of the best shaving products available. I'm looking forward to Joe's brush, and his new soaps, and I wonder what RR products will be our favorites in next year's RazoRocktober.

Final RazoRocktober Shave:

RR SLAB
RR XX Soap
RR KotC Lime AS Balm

I spent a good part of the month with my new B&B Essential boar brush and have been really impressed with it. I almost used an entire tub of the RR XX. I have a bit left that I may save until spring. The SLAB was also a most pleasant surprise. It was more aggressive than anticipated but with patience, I learned to get super close shaves with it. It's an excellent razor.

I've had a lot of fun reading the posts in this thread. Happy Halloween to everyone!

RazoRocktober Shave #31

M&F Chief
RazoRock King Louis Lavender Shave Gel (as A Pre-Shave)
EJde89 W/ IKON Bulldog Handle
Polsilver SI
RazoRock King Louis Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick
RazoRock King Louis Lavender AS

Today's soap was KIng Louis Lavender. It has been a great month of RazoRock goodness. I have used RazoRock Preshave Gel daily, as well as a RazoRock Alum Stick. I have rotated three soaps: XX, KOTC Lime, and King Louis Lavender. I only have one RazoRock shave balm, but it is a good one - XX. Using a variety of razors and brushes and face lathering, I have enjoyed a month of excellent shaves.

Sorry I was absent a couple of our final days guys! Kids and Halloween is a busy time!

REMINDER: YOU HAVE TILL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO POST AN ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PIF! I"LL SELECT A RANDOM WINNER TOMORROW! POST A REVIEW OR WRITE UP ABOUT ANY RAZOROCK PRODUCT IN THE APPROPRIETE SUBFORUM AND THEN LINK TO IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT'S IT, AND YOU COULD WIN A RR KOTC LIME AND CHOICE OF RR DON MARCO OR NONNO MICHELINO!

My final RazoRocktober shave today:
Shower: RazoRock EO Lime Shampoo
PreShave: RazoRock Lime Preshave Soap
Razor: Little Maggie
Blade: Personna Lab (2)
Brush: IB LE Semogue
Soap: RazoRock KotC
AS: RazoRock King Louis AS Lotion

Fantastic Shave! Thats all I can say!

I've enjoyed this month alot! Thank you all for participating, and I'm glad that everyone had a great time! So many great shaves were happening here, guys were learning about new products and routines, asking questions and helping each other out. What more could we have asked for! And, some of you who entered the PIF and posted reviews have helped others around the forum discover some great products which we already know and love. What a RazoRockin' month!

Till next years RazoRocktober guys, keep on RazoRockin'! :punk:

I'll post the PIF winner tomorrow, don't forget to enter by midnight!!!

Final shave of RazorRocktober...

$20131030_180439.jpg

Reflecting on RazoRocktober and my overall experience with RazoRock soaps has left me with the confidence that I could easily recommend any of these products without hesitation. Sure I have dwindled down my stock to XXX, Mudder Fokker, KotC Lavender hard, and Fresco, but the products that I have sold/given away (888, Nervous Wreck, Zi' Peppino, Cacao, S.Maria, KotC Lime soft, XX, and Don Marco) were all good performers, they just weren't the cream of the crop for my tastes. There quite honestly is not a bad product in that lineup and for the prices that Joseph charges there is virtually no other soap that I could recommend that provides a better value. I will continue using RazoRock products throughout the year, but I'm already looking forward to adding any new products that RazoRock releases and putting them through the paces next RazoRocktober. Stay Rocky my friends! :thumbup1:

Here's my last shave of RazoRocktober:

RazoRock Don Marco
Semogue 620
Cadet TTO OC w/Personna Med Prep
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
RazoRock Problem Solver

Sorry to see RazoRocktober go, but I am looking forward to showing some love to my creams. I've missed some of them! Plus, my other great soaps. So much product, so little face!!!!!!!!!

Well, this has been fun. Chianti Lavender and XXX gave a great month's worth of shaves. I'll be continuing on with the XXX as I'm 3017'ing it. I've really been able to dial it in over the past week so it will be great shaves until it's gone.

Ok, its RazoRocktober PIF time!

Here's the list of entrants and their assigned number:
1. 44Whitehall
2. Quigg
3. 5Cantonas
4. AndroiDad75
5. lowjax
6. jasonb8736

Spin the Random Number wheel! Round n round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows!

The lucky number is.......... 2!

Congrats Quigg!!! For being an awesome RazoRocker you've won a tub of RR KotC Lime and your choice of RR Don Marco or Nonno Michelino!

I hope you enjoy them! PM incoming to get your details.

Thanks again everyone who gave it a shot in the PIF, and thanks again to all you RazoRockers who made this a seriously great month to be a wetshaver!

Congrats Quigg!

Also, a special thanks to John for starting this thread and getting RazoRocktober going. It was a lot of fun!

Top Bottom