What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

This ad also made me find this site glad I did, I may pick one up if they show up at our wal-mart. The One Razor web site wanted something like 8 dollars for shipping and handling, plus another $5.00 shipping and handling for the free 12 extra blades which would give everyone 24 blades total.

I will admit it was that ad which got my curiosity peaked and my research into safety razor led me here as well to a wonder wealth of knowledge.

Last edited:
Glad to have you both, hope you guys are finding the forums as fun as they are usefull

welcome to Badger and Blade

The MicroTouch One will actually be my first blade, but I'm just using it to get my feet wet and will get a better razor if I like DE shaving.

The MicroTouch One will actually be my first blade, but I'm just using it to get my feet wet and will get a better razor if I like DE shaving.
Welcome to badger and blade zrguest, what arebyou going to use for the rest of your set up? Did yoy look into a brush or soap.. or going to go at it with some regular gel

I bought an Omega 46065 Shaving Set (comes with Omega Shaving Soap) and a Shaving Factory Shaving Mug. I think it will get me through a good few months as I scour my local pawn shops for a better razor. I think the brush should last quite a while.

Sounds like a great way to start out, enjoy. Sounds like your getting off to a great start

I think I'm getting a better start than my fiance's brother; he found a Lady Gillette and is going to use that for a while along with one of those cheap VDH Premium Shaving Sets you find at Walmart. Back to topic, I find a lot of people insisting that prices will sky rocket for vintage razors but I just can't see it. I think a majority of people will slice their face up without trying to find out how to use a DE razor and mark it up to antiquated technology.

FWIW, I saw the ad and it actually intrigued me to give it a shot. Hadn't shaved with a DE for at least 30 years and I figured, "20 bucks...what the heck have I got to lose?" So I ordered one. I don't know what it compares to because I see and hear of things here which are foreign to me. I've nothing to compare it to since it's the first razor I've owned in a long time. Personally, the razor sucks the big one. It feels cheap but what can you expect for 20 bucks and 24 Dorco blades to boot? I've since bought a Merkur Progress Long Handle and I love it. Just a few hours ago, I ordered an Ikon Slant Stainless just because I want to try it from everything I've heard on here. I think I'm gonna be digging that one too. And worst case scenario, if I don't, I'll just sell it to some lucky bugger at a reduced price. One thing I'm sure of is that the Micro Touch opened up a whole new world for me. It's piqued my interest into something I wouldn't have thought of. I enjoy and look forward to my shaves now and I've found a new "hobby." So, for that, I want to thank Rick Harrison because had it not been for him, I would never have discovered this wonderful community of gentlemen...and I am not using the term "gentlemen" lightly.

As a side note, I'll gladly give the Micro Touch to anyone here willing to try it out and give an unbiased opinion ( I am not qualified to do that yet)...just pay the postage and it's yours. One condition; you are not allowed to sell it. Once you're done, you can either keep it forever or Pay it Forward to someone who truly needs it...PM me with your address if interested and I will disinfect it (I only used it once) and wrap it up and send it off.

Thanks

Last edited:
Whoa sounds like your jumping in head first, and what a great offer on the PIF Dosboss, hope you enjoy the new razor once that beauty arrives

I bought an Omega 46065 Shaving Set (comes with Omega Shaving Soap) and a Shaving Factory Shaving Mug. I think it will get me through a good few months as I scour my local pawn shops for a better razor. I think the brush should last quite a while.

There's nothing wrong with that Weishi razor either. I love mine. It's my travel razor.

Thanks, Rick. This ad got me into DE shaving. No Micro Touch, from what I have learned here, they are cheap. I bought 5 vintage Gillettes and I am having a great time learning all the ins and outs of DE shaving.

Thanks, Rick. This ad got me into DE shaving. No Micro Touch, from what I have learned here, they are cheap. I bought 5 vintage Gillettes and I am having a great time learning all the ins and outs of DE shaving.
Thats amazing, I love my 21 old type Gillette, one of my favorite rwzors for DE

I purposely bought the MicroTouch One last week from my local Kroger's in order to compare it to my first Gillette Super Speed which was in the mail to me. I had three shaves with the MTO and it was great. Smooth shave, well built from what I could see, and really nothing negative to say about it. I have three shaves in now on my first ever Gillette and love it. So the Gillette is a better shaver for me, but I have to be honest and say there's nothing wrong with the MTO. By the way, the MTO on my kitchen scale weighed 2 oz while the Gillette weighed in at 1.5 oz.

That's funny, that's the infomercial whitch got me interested in wet shaving as well, I didn't the razor would be much to write home about though, so I have a Parker 99r on the way

I purposely bought the MicroTouch One last week from my local Kroger's in order to compare it to my first Gillette Super Speed which was in the mail to me. I had three shaves with the MTO and it was great. Smooth shave, well built from what I could see, and really nothing negative to say about it. I have three shaves in now on my first ever Gillette and love it. So the Gillette is a better shaver for me, but I have to be honest and say there's nothing wrong with the MTO. By the way, the MTO on my kitchen scale weighed 2 oz while the Gillette weighed in at 1.5 oz.

The Micro touch seems to be a Weishi, at least the pictures look like it to me and several others. Plus a couple of folks who held one claimed the same. ( Can't find then anywhere I frequent. ).

I do have a Weishi branded one. And I like mine fine. The way I described it on the WCS site is "it's 90% of an old Gillette. "

If you could have a mint Superspeed for the price of a Weishi the Weishi looses. But a Weishi compared to nothing? The Weishi is a fine razor.

Top Bottom