What's new

The Official "Showing Your Age" Thread

I remember (and this isn't really that long ago) when Popeyes Candy Sticks were Popeye Candy Cigarettes, and the little chalky white sticks had a red tip on one end (cuz they were lit when you shook them out of the box, I guess... The things you don't question...)

I remember candy cigarettes. They were "all right" popular. They had a slightly too sweet taste to me, but hey, it looked like we were smoking.

Remember buying fig bars as a kid, and cutting off chunks with my pocket knife like plug chewing tobacco. That had to be before I was in the 1st Grade. Back then, no one freaked at young kids carrying pocket knives, and plug chewing tobacco was more common than loose leaf.

Man, I really wanted one of those bikes.

View attachment 805841

I had one of these!!

AND the Scramble Van!! (bought at Garage Sale in 1980!) 2 bucks!
proxy.php

AND a Steve Austin!
proxy.php

Recently Ive been calling the local council to complain about the standard of driving from some of the taxis in my area. Three times in one week. LOL.

A colleague mentioned Gene Rayburn to me today. I not only knew who he was but also realized that he hasn't been with us since 1999.

When I mentioned that this year's flu shot was administered right in my vaccination scar, the offspring said "What's that?" They came along after Smallpox was eradicated, and was unfamiliar with the vaccination scars.

That gives an interesting age notch. Some on B&B predate the immunization programs (unless it was to control an outbreak) and are too old to have a vaccination scar. Then there are those on B&B born in the mid 1970s who never had to get one.

What really made me feel old? The offspring wanted to see the scar.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What does it mean when REMAKES of songs you liked as a kid are now being played on the oldies channel?
I always laugh when my son, who is plenty young enough to be my grandson, mentions a "new" song he likes, lol.

That's my polite way of saying you are getting older, just like I am!

I remember (and this isn't really that long ago) when Popeyes Candy Sticks were Popeye Candy Cigarettes, and the little chalky white sticks had a red tip on one end (cuz they were lit when you shook them out of the box, I guess... The things you don't question...)
They were the gateway to the licorice cigars.
proxy.php

I was going to post about something else too, but in the time it took me to find the licorice cigar image I forgot what it was.
proxy.php

Wait...
proxy.php

Nope.
Still don't remember.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
proxy.php

I was going to post about something else too, but in the time it took me to find the licorice cigar image I forgot what it was.
proxy.php

Wait...
proxy.php

Nope.
Still don't remember.
I can sooooo relate.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wait...
proxy.php

Nope.
Still don't remember.

Just shut down the computer and the answer is yours.
dave

Top Bottom