What's new

The Official "Showing Your Age" Thread

My first year University tuition was $427.00
Same University, same degree is now almost $7,000.00
I could earn enough money in a summer job to pay my tuition and books. That's pretty much impossible now.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My first year University tuition was $427.00
Same University, same degree is now almost $7,000.00
I could earn enough money in a summer job to pay my tuition and books. That's pretty much impossible now.
There are so many negative things I could say about college tuition right now, but I'll play nice and just say that you are so right.

I was watching an older episode of CSI: Miami last night and somebody made a reference to finding the victim's "cell phone".
Nowadays they're more likely just to call it a "phone".

I just saw Enemy of the State (1998). Gene Hackman was concerned that Will Smith’s cellular telephone could be used by the government to track him. I guess that sounded pretty farfetched back then.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just saw Enemy of the State (1998). Gene Hackman was concerned that Will Smith’s cellular telephone could be used by the government to track him. I guess that sounded pretty farfetched back then.
Scary.

My phone, which I call a "dumbphone".
proxy.php

proxy.php

A Doro PhoneEasy 612

Wait... did I already post that fact?

Last edited:
I remember when we had to close all the curtains to watch television because the picture was rather weak. Plus all the neighbours would come round and watch programmes if there was something big on like a Royal funeral or wedding. At times it was standing room only!

remember driving by the Dr. Pepper HQ in Texas back in the late 1970's and they had a large clock on the front of the building with only the numbers 10, 2 and 4.

I might have told this story before (I tend to do that the older I get), but I had started my youngest watching Columbo with me. She really enjoyed the novel approach of knowing the killer but trying to figure out how Columbo would get the guy to crack. We watched a couple seasons before she turned to me and asked, "Why do they always go, 'Operator, get me the police.' Why don't they just call 911?"It was hard not to laugh.

Top Bottom