What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

Hello , I have the head and the cap of a Benz razor but not the handle. Is there a picture how the handle look? I have the original box also.

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpeg
    IMG_0221.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Got this razor in yesterday and there is no name on it. It’s only says made in Sheffield.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpeg
    IMG_0218.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0219.jpeg
    IMG_0219.jpeg
    942.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0220.jpeg
    IMG_0220.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
I can confirm that the Leresche 901 is a cheap razor. It feels that way on my face. One that I would love to lay my hands on is the Williams one piece razor. I'm not sure it's going to give a good shave, but it sure looks neat.

Oh man I love that one. The case, so cool. Don't see how the mechanism works. What the heck is going on with the wavy cut in the metal bar that inserts into the handle? Will it take a conventional blade? Does the head flip over or come off? Need more pics and info plz.
yes, it takes regular blades. Will try to put some more pcis in the coming days

Hi, sorry to bother you, a problem with an order on the Darwin Shaving website, can you help me, I received a product that is not the one ordered

It's a Gillette clone but no way to tell who the mfg was without other markings. I saw one like it advertised on Etsy as a rare Gillette years ago. It had a legitimate Gillette baseplate and cap but the handle was a red flag. The seller was insistent that it was legitimate Gillette with a very rare handle. I didn't buy it.

G

Guest2023

It's a Gillette clone but no way to tell who the mfg was without other markings. I saw one like it advertised on Etsy as a rare Gillette years ago. It had a legitimate Gillette baseplate and cap but the handle was a red flag. The seller was insistent that it was legitimate Gillette with a very rare handle. I didn't buy it.

I've seen one a couple of times on Ebay U.K. The handle reminds me of Paradigm razor handle....

A Gerba, an unusual German razor - I could not find any further information about this one
View attachment 1612336View attachment 1612337View attachment 1612338
Hey Koenfucius. Here's what looks like another "Gerba", assuming that the case yours came in properly identified this razor (which can be a bit of an iffy conclusion as I think we all know!). I did see some Gerba razor blades bearing the "D.R.W.Z." mark which would place the Gerba brand in Germany and in the years 1944 to 1952. Other than that I also couldn't come up with any more information on the internet regarding this razor, or Gerba. My "Gerba" came from Sweden.

Gerba? Razor, Asymmetrical Bakelite Base, 41g, Germany? 2.JPG
Gerba? Razor, Asymmetrical Bakelite Base, 41g, Germany? 5.JPG
Gerba? Razor, Asymmetrical Bakelite Base, 41g, Germany? 6.JPG
Gerba? Razor, Asymmetrical Bakelite Base, 41g, Germany? 7.JPG
Gerba? Razor, Asymmetrical Bakelite Base, 41g, Germany? 8.JPG

Top Bottom