What's new

The Nib acquisitions for 2022

PXL_20220211_195137349.jpg

My Parker "51" arrived yesterday from Fifteen Pens.

This is my first vintage pen and also first pen purchase via mail.

Scott from Fifteen Pens has a definite repeat customer now:

1) shipping was super fast
2) pen was exactly as described
3) packaging was incredible - wrapped in tissue, sealed inside a tube of PVC, in a padded envelope.
4) included a nice handwritten note (using my new pen) giving more details and specific information about the pen
5) included a cool logo sticker

Also picked up a Rhodia pad at my local bookstore while picking up my wife's Valentine's gift.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
View attachment 1408341

My Parker "51" arrived yesterday from Fifteen Pens.

This is my first vintage pen and also first pen purchase via mail.

Scott from Fifteen Pens has a definite repeat customer now:

1) shipping was super fast
2) pen was exactly as described
3) packaging was incredible - wrapped in tissue, sealed inside a tube of PVC, in a padded envelope.
4) included a nice handwritten note (using my new pen) giving more details and specific information about the pen
5) included a cool logo sticker

Also picked up a Rhodia pad at my local bookstore while picking up my wife's Valentine's gift.
Nice!

Well.......... I think I need couple of more pens to experience those ink's.

How else am I to convince my wife that I need to buy a few more pens for all those inks. Any cheap recommendations?
Are you looking for pen recommendations or ink recommendations? And what do you class as cheap?

That is rather nice, how are you finding it?
It's smooth as butter. It's my first Sailor. I had one way back but sold or traded it off at some point. It isn't a big pen, but it works well for me (capped or uncapped). The acrylic is what drew me to it.

This one will stay at home for handwriting practice, doodling, lists, around home stuff. Makes me wish my work was more handwriting forward.

I can see why people rave about Sailor nibs. I'm also guessing the bigger 21k (or whatever the bigger one is) is even more luxurious.

Time to start looking at Pelikans now. :001_rolle

I can see why people rave about Sailor nibs. I'm also guessing the bigger 21k (or whatever the bigger one is) is even more luxurious.

Time to start looking at Pelikans now. :001_rolle
I have a Sailor 1911 regular size with a 14k nib and a 1911L with a 21k nib. There is no perceptible difference between the two in my opinion. The both perform flawlessly.

I am in no way trying you to dissuade you from trying a 21k nib. I just wanted you to know, at least in my experience, there wasn't much of a difference.

As to Pelikans...I'll say nothing of them and allow you to fall down that rabbit hole of your own accord🤪 (it's not easy to climb back out!)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have a Sailor 1911 regular size with a 14k nib and a 1911L with a 21k nib. There is no perceptible difference between the two in my opinion. The both perform flawlessly.

I am in no way trying you to dissuade you from trying a 21k nib. I just wanted you to know, at least in my experience, there wasn't much of a difference.

As to Pelikans...I'll say nothing of them and allow you to fall down that rabbit hole of your own accord🤪 (it's not easy to climb back out!)

Top Bottom