What's new

The Nib Acquisitions for 2021.

Came in yesterday- Black Lamy Al-Star. Loaded w Lamy Black Ink. Joins the collection in the box on the work desk.

Black-Lamy Black Ink
Graphite- Lamy Blue Black Ink
Ocean Blue-Lamy Blue Ink
Vibrant Pink-Lamy Vibrant Pink Ink
Vista-Lamy Red Ink

I suspect the Bronze Al-Star loaded with Bronze or Mango is in play.

I have the Lamy Turquoise Ink in a Moonman Demonstrator which is a very well behaved pen far exceeding the intersection of quality and value.

Conklin All American in the Turquoise SW patina from my college student daughter. She spent too much but I appreciate it immensely.
5906F66B-57BE-48F4-A925-F59EDECE2FA5.jpeg

Returning to the world of fountain pens and cursive writing. I just purchased last week a TWSBI 580ALR in Prussian Blue, the matching ink bottle and Noodlers’ Black Eel ink.

I’ve picked up a couple of third grade cursive workbooks to get my writing back to a legible state and using proper characters.

23EAA470-5B24-4FE8-A981-2C56F9450A35.jpeg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
New pen day! :spidey:

No, this one deserves two Spidermen!:spidey:
It’s not as fancy as some of y’all’s gorgeous pens, but it’s a spendy one for me.

Pilot Custom 912 with FA nib. It came with the Iroshizuku Spring mini-set since Pen Boutique was running a BOGO deal.
BB7BF666-F6B7-406E-BFF2-9145C7D9F9C0.jpeg

CC67590A-25BE-47A4-B0B1-706167760968.jpeg

This is only my second “flagship” Japanese pen. Well, second period, since I wouldn’t count the M200 as a Pelikan flagship. I’m looking forward to giving this one a go and comparing it to the Platinum 3776 Century, of which I’m a shameless fanboy, as some of you know. I’ll have to do to a follow up post at some point.

Last edited:

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I wasn't intending to buy so many pens this year, but funny how once you break the dam...well, you know...

I’ve been low key on the lookout for a cool mechanical pencil. I don’t use pencil much, but they’re handy sometimes. And I found one – a good one! Peyton Street had this NOS Platinum job and dang if it wasn’t a dead match for my 3776 Century. The price was right, so I grabbed it…

A799EA44-A6A3-4FBD-BF43-6C74308736C0.jpeg

We have here a Platinum Double Action 3. I’m guessing it’s late-nineties/early-aughts vintage, but don’t know for sure. I was quite surprised to find that it isn’t just a pencil, but a multi-pen! Red-Black-Pencil. I guess that’s what the “3” in the name means. It has this nifty mechanism that works by rotating the pen and whichever refill is facing up, is the one that pops out when you click the back. The ballpoints are okay not great. Might just be because they are old. But I read that these will accept Pilot Hi-Tec-C refills, so it keeps getting better and better.

D2ECB07C-3C6B-44AE-B904-680C258A81D3.jpeg

Cool set here. Don’t I feel fancy now? I need to get a snazzy leather folio or something to keep these things in.

Cool Narwhal! I appreciate that they use proprietary nibs instead of slapping on a Jowo like everybody else. Let us know how you like it. BTW, nice photos. You've some camera skillz there!
Hey sir, took the pics from the website. Wish I had those skills! If and when I use it I'll report.

My new brass Hinderer Investigator arrived this afternoon. The craftsmanship is evident, but I see why people put O rings in the grooves. The edges are on the sharp side. I expect I will be grinding the point off the "glass breaker", but only if it digs into me while pocketed.
20210422_155828.jpg
20210422_155807.jpg

For me the Nick Shabazz review on the Investigator is completely wrong! The pen clips to my jeans pocket and just disappears. So far it hasn't poked me. The space pen refill does not require noticeably more pressure than a standard Parker. Maybe he is just used to a fountain pen. This pen writes nicely too! I'm leaving as is. I think the glass breaker can be used as a scribe.

Top Bottom