What's new

The MMA Thread

That Cory/dillashaw fight was pretty darn close.

I thought sandhagen edged it by just a hair. But I couldn't be mad at the decision

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
That Cory/dillashaw fight was pretty darn close.

I thought sandhagen edged it by just a hair. But I couldn't be mad at the decision

I managed to see a bit of that one ... I think it was the 4th round. TJD had already been cut over the eye, and was protecting that while attacking ... the impression I got was that CS spent most of the round moving backward while TJD was attacking.

Yes it was close, but IMHO it's hard to win a decision when you've been the one doing all the stepping backward. (I was at a birthday party, and came in to the room where guys were watching at the start of the round ... and had to leave when the round was over. Oh well.)

1627258007843.png

I managed to see a bit of that one ... I think it was the 4th round. TJD had already been cut over the eye, and was protecting that while attacking ... the impression I got was that CS spent most of the round moving backward while TJD was attacking.

Yes it was close, but IMHO it's hard to win a decision when you've been the one doing all the stepping backward. (I was at a birthday party, and came in to the room where guys were watching at the start of the round ... and had to leave when the round was over. Oh well.)

View attachment 1302149
What a coincidence! I was at a birthday party as well. We were singing happy birthday while the last round was happening (I was watching on my phone)

I'll have to rewatch it. But Cory was being controlled against the fence and even though TJ did mostly nothing when he took Cory down, he still took him down.

I will say, that dillashaw, while competitive. Did not look like the dillashaw before he got suspended. Not sure if it's because he's off the epo. Or he was rusty.

How good did Aldo look against munoz there? Wow, he was looking like vintage Aldo. Respect to munoz though, after taking all those hits he was still standing.

Legion

Staff member
Michael Bisping: ‘I Don’t Know What Is Getting Deleted Quicker Conor’s Tweets Or His Legacy’

Zing! That's gonna leave a mark.

Michael Bisping: ‘I Don’t Know What Is Getting Deleted Quicker Conor’s Tweets Or His Legacy’

Zing! That's gonna leave a mark.
It's no secret, I've disliked conor since the beginning, but man. I sure hope he gets his act together. He has two kids with one on the way.

He's never gonna be champ again. He's saying he wants to go up to 170... that's a terrible idea. Nothing but killers. Bigger, stronger, better chins. He can go on quite a loss streak here.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It's no secret, I've disliked conor since the beginning, but man. I sure hope he gets his act together. He has two kids with one on the way.

He's never gonna be champ again. He's saying he wants to go up to 170... that's a terrible idea. Nothing but killers. Bigger, stronger, better chins. He can go on quite a loss streak here.

I’ve seen the future. And I’ve seen him on one of those Where Are They Now documentaries. Bout 205lbs. Scruffy mugshot. Felony assault charge on a bar patron at his local watering hole. Bankrupt in 7 years.

Indeed we are.
We invited our parish priest for "UFC, supper or drinks" and he responded "yes to all" :)
Did you catch any of the pressers? Nick is very different from his brother.
yea tbh the diaz brothers have come up the hard way so dont really need to chase the clout tbf

Legion

Staff member
How good was the Volkanovski V Ortega fight? Volk is a beast.

Not sure what happened with Diaz. It was like he kind of remembered why he didn't compete for years and said "nope."

Top Bottom