Brush: Omega 10098

Soap: Kilo brick Cella

Aftershave: Alum + 444 + Clubman

Razor: 1921 Gillette Tuckaway OC
Blade: Personna (4)
Soap: Kent Shaving Soap
Brush: Simpson Emperor 1 2 Band

Hi,

So, now it ends. I have been using an OC all month. Not that this is any different from every day. My usual shave is to go WTG the ATG with a Fasan Doppleschrag (double slant) Open Comb, then hit my trouble spots XTG with an Early Tech. This, because doing more with the Fasan leads to irritation.

On some days, I use my Grandfather's Old Type 102. Again WTG and ATG and then touch up those three spots XTG with the Tech. I can't use the 102 two days in a row as it is too harsh and leads to irritation.

But, during this run, I had an idea. Those trouble spots require a bit of work with the Tech, even though it is an early one with the triangular slots. What if I did the WTG and ATG with the Fasan and touched up those spots XTG with the 102? That would mean I am using only OC razors?

Well, I have done so for the back half of March. It works better, and does not lead to irritation as I feared. So, I came away from this run with something new. :)

The only problem is that this leads to the Tech being unused. That was the razor Dad first handed me in 1976. I have used it almost every day since 1976......

Stan

Edit:

Oh, and I obtain the same results if I use the 102 WTG and ATG then use the aggressive side of the Fasan XTG on those spots.

Last edited:
Finished the month with:
Razor: Gillette single ring
Blade: Lord Stainless
Brush: Vulfix synthetic
Soap: Edwin & Jagger Lime and Pomegranate
AS: Pinaud Lime Sec

Has been a fun month using several DE's (old, new, Jaws) and one SE (MMTOC).
Always get a great shave from my open comb razors.

last OC shave for this month

I enjoyed using the OC's this month, It really helped me improve my technique. Almost gave up the first week, but kept on. Well worth it in the end.

Finished the month of OC March with the following:

Razor: ATT Atlas R2
Blade: Personna (1)
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
Brush: Used two, Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic and Simpson Colonel X2L Manchurian Badger
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic followed by Simpsons Aftershave Balm

$Shave033114-10285.jpg

I was late to see this thread, but two of my shaves this month, (the last two), were with my brand new FaTip Grande in nickel, loaded with a Gillette Black. Loving the razor, and how to use an OC razor! :-D

I've been on a hunting trip for the past week and out of touch on B&B. I didn't shave for a week and I was pretty scruffy when I returned. So, this morning I had 7 days of heavy stubble to mow down. What razor to use? After reading several posts about how the FaTip really shines with heavy growth I decided now would be a good test. I lathered up heavy with Palmolive cream and went to work. Using short, light strokes and rinsing the razor more frequently I was able to mow through the heavy stubble with little effort with the first pass. The second pass was clean up and I was good to go. My conclusion: The Fatip will get the call up for the rare times when I have more than a couple days growth.

Top Bottom