What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Just started watching The Irishman. Its a bit too long to complete during a weeknight, but what i’ve seen so far is nothing short of the usual Scorcese brilliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally saw John Wick 2, and on blue ray with surround sound. A visual and soundtrack masterpiece like the first one. I'm loving these movies as much as the classic spaghetti westerns I could watch on a loop. Next up is John Wick 3 and the Irishman.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My wife and I watched Serena (2014) last night. Neither of us liked it.

I can't say the acting by Jennifer Lawrence or anyone else was particularly bad. Some parts of and aspects of the movie were decently done, but, overall it was not a good movie.

The plot was thin at best and stupid in several respects. The movie was slow and really not very interesting. The big surprise was as transparent as glass and not worth waiting for even if you missed it because of being off getting popcorn. Perhaps you could say there were two big surprises but both were transparent, predictable, and not worth waiting for.

I'm sorry I wasted my time. Nothing good about the movie counterbalances all the dross.

Skip this one.

Happy shaves,

Jim

shavefan

I’m not a fan
The Irishman

It was good. Long. Great cast of course and no surprises from Scorsese. In the end I wondered if the movie was too much of more of the same. And some of the actors are getting a bit old to play believable mob heavys. But it was decent. I did think Paquin's roll was a bit odd.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Parent Trap (2nd version with LL) is one of my favorites. I watched it again last night. My twenty-six year old grandson who is visiting gave me endless grief about watching and liking it. I don't care. I still like it.

In obvious ways as you watch the movie you might appreciate how challenging to make most of the scenes were and appreciate how well done they are, but I like the whole sappy movie.

I'd guess everyone's already seen it, but, if not, it's a sentimental, heart breaking and heart warming Disney movie mostly about the lives of eleven year old girls and their parents.

Generally I hate most romantic comedies. This is one for sure, but it's not the usual. That doesn't mean any adult other than me would care for it (although my wife likes it too). I also like the first version of the same movie (the one with HM).

Generally I like movies more like Knives Out. I will try to catch it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

The Parent Trap (2nd version with LL) is one of my favorites. I watched it again last night. My twenty-six year old grandson who is visiting gave me endless grief about watching and liking it. I don't care. I still like it.

In obvious ways as you watch the movie you might appreciate how challenging to make most of the scenes were and appreciate how well done they are, but I like the whole sappy movie.

I'd guess everyone's already seen it, but, if not, it's a sentimental, heart breaking and heart warming Disney movie mostly about the lives of eleven year old girls and their parents.

Generally I hate most romantic comedies. This is one for sure, but it's not the usual. That doesn't mean any adult other than me would care for it (although my wife likes it too). I also like the first version of the same movie (the one with HM).

Generally I like movies more like Knives Out. I will try to catch it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Knives Out is worth seeing.
I expect another movie with a new plot with the same lead actor.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The Irishman last night. I liked it. Classic Scorsese.

I just finished Ad Astra. It's a space movie and I like space movies but...I'm gonna jump all over someones lawn here lol.

They almost lost me with the moon pirates, then the space monkeys but what really did it were the cliched Apocalypse Now references. Then I check a few reviews and they call it the "Apocalypse Now In Space"? C'mon...

Top Bottom