Staff member
@Esox Your spoiler... lol:Veg:

but-wait-theres-more-44084002.png

Untitled.png

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I just watched this.

Great history on the ideas behind the making of that movie. A must see for any Alien fans.

Next up...

Thats one of my all time favorites. A masterwork from Mel Gibson.

I'm in complete agreement there. I think Mel Gibson is very underrated as an actor as well. He's superb in this.

I don't actually like Shakespeare much but this is well worth watching. I haven't yet seen Macbeth with Fassbender, another of my favourite actors. I'd give it a go, I think.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm in complete agreement there. I think Mel Gibson is very underrated as an actor as well. He's superb in this.

I don't actually like Shakespeare much but this is well worth watching. I haven't yet seen Macbeth with Fassbender, another of my favourite actors. I'd give it a go, I think.

I havent seen it.

I tried Macbeth with Fassbender but as much as I like him, and he is very powerful in it, I just cant do it.

I really liked Mel in these two.

I could watch We Were Soldiers again, now I'm thinking about it. Along with this.

Terrence Malick is one of the all time great directors. That movie is a stunning piece of work.

I tried Macbeth with Fassbender but as much as I like him, and he is very powerful in it, I just cant do it.

I know what you mean, it's the language for me, plus, the momentum in Shakespeare is kind of static. There's no tension and release. Hamlet with Mel Gibson, as good as it is, has the same problem.

I could watch We Were Soldiers again, now I'm thinking about it. Along with this.

Terrence Malick is one of the all time great directors. That movie is a stunning piece of work.

We Were Soldiers is up there with Platoon and Full Metal Jacket for me. I've not seen The Thin Red Line.

I've got this for tonight.

brawl.jpg

I don't know much about it, but now that I've seen it's by the same director as Bone Tomahawk I'm excited! That was a great film; Kurt Russell has turned out to be another splendid actor.

Brawl In Cell Block 99 was superb, compelling from start to finish. Vince Vaughn is absolutely brilliant, every one keeps telling me the second season of True Detective is rubbish but my instinct has always told me different. I'll definitely watch it now and find out for myself.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Brawl In Cell Block 99 was superb, compelling from start to finish. Vince Vaughn is absolutely brilliant, every one keeps telling me the second season of True Detective is rubbish but my instinct has always told me different. I'll definitely watch it now and find out for myself.

I had a feeling you'd really enjoy Brawl in Cell Block 99. He plays a tough guy pretty well. If you havent seen this one, the King Slayer is no slouch either lol.

I liked season 2 of True Detective. Its not as good as season 1, but not much is...

It's more complex and deeper than season 1 and more difficult to follow. Watching episodes back to back makes that easier.

th pro.jpg

When this started and I saw that it was directed by Stephen Frears my heart sank. He is not my favourite film maker.

I actually enjoyed this a lot. I did wonder about the factual accuracy as it went along but there was a note at the end of the film that attests to good research. I also couldn't help but notice the paralells to another very prominent public figure and thought that maybe this was done for the sake of a contemporary comparison. Well, this was made in 2015.

All in all, a good watch and not just for cycling fans.

If you havent seen this one, the King Slayer is no slouch either lol.

Nicolaj Coster-Waldau is a quality actor. He's very good in this.

headh.jpg

Back to Vince Vaughn. I like it when actors go against type, especially when they're mostly know for lighter, comic roles. Steve Carell is a good example of this. Great in Foxctcher but even more so in The Big Short. That's a great movie. In fact, I watched it twice within a week, reading up on subprime mortgages in between.

I needed something to watch while I was on the elliptical this morning and came upon Little Boy. A drama set during World War II. I finished my workout and sat down to watch the rest of the movie. I ended up balling my eyes out. I am such a sap. Tug at my heartstrings and the waterworks start flowing. Good movie with a decent message, especially at this time of divisive acrimony.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Another one for my 'to watch' list. I was very impressed with The Babadook. I have quite a few films on my TV hard drive to watch, waiting for me to finish Deadwood. One episode a night, I'm nearly there.

I didnt get much from The Babadook, maybe I'll try it again.

I have about 600 1080p BluRay movies in my 4TB backup drive right now along with 59 720/1080 TV series that are complete or up to date. I need to clean that drive up, some I wont watch again.

Others, like this one, I've kept for years ripped from a VHS tape!

Excellent movie and a better book. I just now found it in 1080. Time to upgrade lol.

Top Bottom