What's new

The Ladies from The Art of Shaving in Westfield Mall San Francisco

You know, this bugs me. Giving a sticky to AOS. And I freely admit no love for the company that is slowly taking over the realm of shaving with their crap (my opinion only).

If you're going to do this, why not a sticky just for T&H, or Vintage Blades, or Mama Bear, or Trumper's? They've been contributing vendors to this community and providing quality products.

It's showing preference for a second-rate company just because some saleschicks were nice? That's not really a valid reason, IMHO. Hell, Mama Bear has been an absolute angel to a bunch of guys here. She deserves a sticky a lot more than AOS.

Art, thanks for the post, stickied or otherwise. I'll have to make it by The San Francisco Centre--I need some shirts from Nordstrom anyway.

Did you make it up to Napa Valley?

Last edited:
You know, this bugs me. Giving a sticky to AOS. And I freely admit no love for the company that is slowly taking over the realm of shaving with their crap (my opinion only).

I sympathize, and I confess that I'm shocked to learn that we have mods who don't know about the P&G acquisition of AoS. But on reflection I think that our fellow members are treating it in exactly the right spirit. There's been some leering and ogling - good fun, but really it's all about giving Art a hard time for stickying the thread in the first place.

Do you really think that this sticky is good for AoS? If I were in charge of their PR, I'd ask Art to take it down. Suppose someone searching the web for "shaving" or "art of shaving" happened on this thread. Would he or she decide to buy an AoS product based on this information?

So if you dislike AoS, perhaps you should promote this thread. For example you might take the position that the good looks of the sales staff are the only possible reason to buy from AoS.

Otherwise... well, Art has said he'll un-sticky it presently. Once that happens, the best way to sink a thread is to ignore it.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Westfield is a company that owns malls in 12 different states. They're all over the place.

Amongst some other disturbing aspects of this thread, now we have franchise malls? FAD, hopefully we are too backward here to get one, though truth be told they all look the same anyway.

FAD = female acquisition disorder?

Women make men do silly things, but this is the first I have seen about sticking a thread for some heh.

Sticky post....

Amongst some other disturbing aspects of this thread, now we have franchise malls? FAD, hopefully we are too backward here to get one, though truth be told they all look the same anyway.
Most large malls in the US nowadays are part of some corporate trust, even/especially the outlet type. Holds true even for those built 40 years ago. Strip malls would be the exception, but that is apples and oranges.

Last edited:
I disagree that AOS makes crap - I think they make top notch high quality products. They overcharge for those products and their staff is poorly trained, but that's a different problem.

proxy.php

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I disagree that AOS makes crap - I think they make top notch high quality products. They overcharge for those products and their staff is poorly trained, but that's a different problem.

Are they really over charging? I agree that the products are great but I think the price reflects that great quality. I have paid more for stuff of similar rank.

Redhead at AoS? Really? And still no pics? How disappointing.

My nine year old is a redhead. If you'd like, I can take him to an AoS and take a picture. Although, for some reason I don't think it will have the same effect. Or at least I'm hopeful it won't.

I sympathize, and I confess that I'm shocked to learn that we have mods who don't know about the P&G acquisition of AoS. But on reflection I think that our fellow members are treating it in exactly the right spirit. There's been some leering and ogling - good fun, but really it's all about giving Art a hard time for stickying the thread in the first place.

snip......
Actually, I discussed the P&G thing with the manager there, if I am not mistaken there are quite a few threads on B&B on it already since it happend, what, one or two years ago? I recall reading it but forgot in the time it happend until then.

Yes, I probably do deserve a hard time for making it a sticky. It is all in good fun though, my wife, who was with me at the time, said I really have to post something on B&B about it.

And I personally don't think they have bad products, I like their more "traditional" lines like the Sandalwoods and such. I don't care much for their newer items.

Top Bottom