What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Are this shave as smooth as the shavette? Or probably smoother?
Sorry Stefano, I can't answer that because I've never used a shavette or a straight. These Artist Club blades are specifically designed for shavettes, so I assume the shave would be equally close, but I can't confirm. Maybe one day I'll challenge myself to shave with a straight or shavette.

Sorry guys, crazy days!

SOTD 14 December 2016
Year 1 Week 20 Day 3

Another great shave with Barrister and Mann. This Leviathan is a fantastic soap. I love the smell of coffee that IMO is higher than leather.

Continuing great classic shaves with my Omega 46126 Brush.
This brush is just one of the smaller knots I have, and despite it's a smaller knot (21mm IMO ;) ) it gives always a fantastic performnace.

This razor the best Japanese razor of my shave den. As good as the bigger european names.

Pinaud burns today but lovely and intense especially becasue after that I went with butter, Illipe butter.

Really a fantastic satisfactory shave.

Tomorrow all italian shave!

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Omega 46126
Razor: King 6/8
Blade:
Soap: Barrister and Mann Leviathan
AS: Pinaud Classic / Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

Sorry Stefano, I can't answer that because I've never used a shavette or a straight. These Artist Club blades are specifically designed for shavettes, so I assume the shave would be equally close, but I can't confirm. Maybe one day I'll challenge myself to shave with a straight or shavette.

If want to dare a good italian shavette... let me know. It's a fantastic world!

SOTD 15 December 2016
Year 1 Week 20 Day 4

There's only one evergreen all green all Italian shave. This one and thanks to Proraso we're having excellent shaves since 50 years.

Pre: hot shower and Proraso Green Preshave
Brush: Omega
Razor: Universal half blade
Blade: Bolzano
Soap: Proraso
AS: Proraso

proxy.php

SOTD 16 December 2016
Year 1 Week 20 Day 5

A windy day, a good day is coming close. Whats better than starting with a darker shade of Vetiver?

The stellar Saponificio Varesino Cosmo is making my shave so nice and unbelievable good.
I love every single molecule of this soap, the fantastic lather and the superb performance.
And the scent is so intriguing that if SV want to make a cologne I will buy it.

The greatest badger of my shave den is the Limited Edition 6793 by Omega. My favorite silvertip.

The sweet Kropp straight razor gave me a really smooth and effective shave.
I see the quality made really good to withstand time here.

Pinaud Reserve and Saponificio Illipe Butter for a soft gummy face. So happy!

Pre: hot rinses
Brush: Omega 6793 LE for Ilforum.com
Razor: Kropp
Blade:
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
AS: Pinaud Special Reserve / Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter

proxy.php

SOTD
And another fine (60% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Prep: Splash of warm water on face
Brush: Omega 10015
Soap: Proraso Red Tube
Razor: Gillette Old Type on Fat Tech handle
Blade: Silver Star (1)

$G-Old-Type_SOTD_2016-12-17.jpg

SOTD 20 December 2016
Year 1 Week 21 Day 2

starting well the Christmas Week with the intense Manna di Sicilia from Saponificio Varesino.

The Manna di Sicilia is an unforgettable soap. Because it's a special soap in any meaning. For the scent for the performance for the post shave.

My taller boar talks thanks Omega 98 that after a long loading gave me a ton of unsurpassed lather. So happy.

Universal Whole Blade shavette, master barbers tool at home with Voskhod made the shaving so smooth so incredible comfortable.

Ending with my personal great end with an Italian Floid the Genuine and the soothing Mango Butter from Saponificio Varesino. Wow.

Brush: Omega 98
Razor: Universal Whole Blade Shavette
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
AS: Italian Floid The Genuine / Saponificio Varesino Mango Butter

proxy.php

Dec 20: Mild Razor Week Continues

Lather: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega B&B Essential Boar (green sea-foam)
Razor: Gillette "Blue Tip" Superspeed (1957)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless [27]
Splash: RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore

My week-long run of mild razors continues, this time with one of the mildest, the Gillette "Blue Tip". Without taking measurements, I think the 3 flare-tip varieties (Blue Tip, regular flare tip, and Red Tip) all use the same head and differ only in their weights - a heavier razor can be perceived as more aggressive when in reality it's not.

I tried using the Blue Tip at a steep angle and it shaved perfectly. The fact that the oval-slot Gillette Tech doesn't work well at a steep angle and the Blue Tip does tells me the Blue Tip has more blade exposure, and hence, is more aggressive than the Tech. That actually shocks me a bit.

Going with Stefano's lead, I went with Saponificio Varesino. SV and my favorite Italian boar, the B&B Essential brush, go hand in hand. I don't think this soap puck will ever finish, and with a generous gift of a full puck of Tundra Artica from my Italian friend ;-) I'll probably never run out of SV soap. If all goes according to plan, I will only buy one, maybe two soaps in 2017; Saponificio Bignoli and the upcoming Chiseled Face Groomatorium top secret soap.

Dec 21: Colorful All-Italian Shave

Lather: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget"
Razor: Co.Ci.Na "Il Soldatino" (Italian military razor)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless [28]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Dopo Barba

We're at the freezing temperature today and for the next 3 or 4 days, so my week-long mild razor "sacrifice" worked.

I felt Italian today, so I pulled out The Little Soldier, a very obscure 1970s Italian military razor that is an exact clone of an oval-slot Tech. The head should be paired with a solid ball-end Tech handle, but unfortunately, mine came with a short aluminum English Tech handle. While I like this lightweight handle with the Tech-like head, this handle is a bit too short (less than 3"). I'll get a proper handle for it one day.

Everyone knows the oval-slot Tech is my favorite Tech, so it's no surprise that it gave me a wonderful shave today. The whole shave was Italian, so I expected a top-notch shave experience.

One of the drawbacks of having too many soaps is that the ones I have don't get used up quickly. My Proraso Green seems to be losing it's scent after almost 3 years. Before I went soap crazy, a tub of green would last me a couple of months, and the scent strength was right up there. My Cognac and Cuban Cigars scent also went weak. I finished with the delightful Proraso White balm; a scent that no one can ever get bored of.
proxy.php

Dec 20: Mild Razor Week Continues

Going with Stefano's lead, I went with Saponificio Varesino. SV and my favorite Italian boar, the B&B Essential brush, go hand in hand. I don't think this soap puck will ever finish, and with a generous gift of a full puck of Tundra Artica from my Italian friend ;-) I'll probably never run out of SV soap. If all goes according to plan, I will only buy one, maybe two soaps in 2017; Saponificio Bignoli and the upcoming Chiseled Face Groomatorium top secret soap.

Oh yes you're right Rudy. The maker says that for each puck it's guaranteed to have at leat 120 rich shaves, three ful passes. And I cant argue with that! :) Can you imagine me having all of them? Three years of excellent shaves only with SV...

I have the red tip and it's an absolute delice for my skin Rudy.

SOTD 20/12/16

Little busy in these days so not to have a quick surf on the net but with these pics a short summary of my last shaves.
A great new entry. The Nanny's Silly Soap Vetiver. The strongest and just pure Vetiver oil in this FANTASTIC soap coming fro the UK. I think that this soap, hand made from Sharon a small maker, still not have all the merits and visibility it deserves.
Surrounded by a bunch of good stuff, i had a gorgeous shave with the one that is now my only vetiver soap.
In this picture the one of the few non-alcoholic aftershave, vetiver one, that sports a fantastic calming properties.
Add some butter and I had a fantastic feeling all the day til night.

proxy.php

SOTD 21/12/16
A very very classic shave. The Virgilio Valobra makes only high end soaps and this classic Valobra Fougere is another God of the Soap Olympus.
Perfomance? reference performance despite an old formulation.
And my straight boy, a century of history of good shavings. If only could talk.

proxy.php

And today!

SOTD 22 December 2016
Year 1 Week 21 Day 4

New soap gifted from a friend. T
he Barberia Toscanasoap.
Another great soap, Italian made. With a really intriguing scent,light but true! Slick and soft lather.

Lucky me!

Brush: Omega Italian Flag
Razor: Universal Half Blade
Blade: Derby Premium
Soap: Barberia Toscana
AS: Italian Floid The Genuine / Saponificio Varesino Ilipe Butter

proxy.php

Dec 22: Star Trek Shave

Lather: Proraso Red
Brush: Omega S-Brush synthetic
Razor: Personna Stainless Injector (AKA The Star Trek Razor)
Blade: Personna Injector [1]
Splash: RazoRock XXX

Damn, I ruined a good injector blade transferring it from the Hydro-Magic to the Star Trek Razor. The blade hit a blade stop as I was injecting it, so I had to toss a blade with only 7 shaves on it and start with a new one.

The mild razor week continues, and like yesterday, today's shave was mostly Italian again (soap, brush and splash). I still don't like the S-Brush very much, and now that I have the Disruptor, the Omega's shortcomings are more apparent. It is supremely springy - a great brush for someone who just uses the tips to lather with, but it you like to splay the brush like I do, it flings lather like crazy.

The Personna razor is one of the smoothest injectors I own, yes, even smoother than the Hydro-Magic. The odd shape of the handle makes the razor automatically hit your face at exactly the right angle. Like the Vroom Vroom razor, which I'll use tomorrow, it's almost impossible to nick yourself.

proxy.php

Shave Of Christmas Day 2016

A wonderful (60% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Razor: Gillette Old Type on Fat Tech handle
Blade: Silver Star (4)

View attachment 711808

Merry Christmas everyone! :sorcerer:

Merry Christmas to all.
Sorry if I'm coming late but Im just noew recovering from loooooong italian buffets, or Abbuffate...

SOTD 29/12/16

SOTD 29 December 2016
Year 1 Week 22 Day 4

I was not using Cella since some time and I don't remember why. I always loved the pairing with Omega 49 and the shavette that imo gives another barbershop shave.

Brush: Omega 48
Razor: Universal Whole Blade
Soap: Cella (from the brick)
AS: Denim Raw Passion / Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter

proxy.php

Sorry guys but I'm not having time and some troubles.
Ending bad this 2016 with my wife at the hospital...

SOTD 30 December 2016
Year 1 Week 22 Day 5

A great floral shave from TFS.

Brush: Omega 102
Razor: Universal Whole Blade
Soap: TFS Zagara e Gelsomino
AS: Denim River / Saponificio Varesino Mango Butter
proxy.php

SOTD

Another great (60% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Razor: Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant
Blade: Silver Star (6)

$SOTD-PBOCS_2016-12-30.jpg :001_wub:

Top Bottom