Another fine (60% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

SOTD

Prep: Splash of warm water on face
Brush: Omega 10015
Soap: Proraso Red Tube
Razor: Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant
Blade: Silver Star (2)

View attachment 706709

I've been using Proraso Red Soap exclusively since May 22 this year, Proraso Red ASL exclusively since June 6 this year, and Omega brushes exclusively (barring two shaves) since May 29 this year.
And that isn't dedication, it's love! :001_wub: Fortunately (for me) I enjoy the simple life. :laugh:

Yet another fine (60% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

SOTD

Razor: Knockout
Blade: Vintage Rubie (1)

$Knockout-SOTD_2016-12-04.jpg

That vintage Rubie (made in London by Gillette) is one fine blade. :001_cool:

Saturday Shave
proxy.php

Sunday Shave
proxy.php

SOTD 5 December 2016
Year 1 Week 19 Day 1

Happy Birthday to my Dad it's also the wedding anniversary of my parents. Only 47 years together.

For them a wonderful Italian floral shave with a great straight razor.

Pre: hot shower and Oscars Oil
Brush: Omega S10108
Razor: Taylor's Eye Witness
Blade:
Soap: TFS Zagara e Gelsomino
AS: Floid blue / saponificio Varesino Illipe. Butter

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

SOTD 6 December 2016
Year 1 Week 19 Day 2

Today my favorite tobacco shave until today. The lovely and super Tobacco from WSP. I hope to order more from them soon.

My new arrival is the Omega 102 as know the "scannatassi". Another staple big knot where I can find only positive sides.
The smaller wooden handle is really beautiful other than well made and very comfortable. I'm so happy.

A wonderful sweet straight razor , the John Blyde don't dare to show its history in a super shave.

Ending fabulous with the last stops of Denim Original and the incredible soothing and moisturizing features the Mango Butter from Saponificio Varesino. Lovely!

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Omega 200102
Razor: John Blyde the Genius
Blade:
Soap: WSP Tobacco
AS: Denim Original / Saponificio Varesino Mango Butter

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents

Great shaves Cal!
Thank you Stefano. :001_smile Not as glamorous as yours though.

SOTD
Yet another fine (60% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Razor: Gillette Old Type on Fat Tech handle
Blade: Scottish Perma-Sharp (1)

View attachment 707387

That vintage Perma-Sharp (made in Scotland in the '60s) is one fine blade. :001_cool:

Thank you Stefano. :001_smile Not as glamorous as yours though.

LOL I've nothing glamorous!

SOTD 7 December 2016
Year 1 Week 19 Day 3

A coming home shave. Proraso red is the IMO unsurpassed sandalwood shave. Also a thick rich Italian shave.

I will use for this week the Omega 102 as know the "scannatassi" so to break the fibers.
It's a great big loft and it's terrific!

Shavette Italian way the universal. Very Proud of it, very effective it is. Barbershop choice for a reason.

Ending with Proraso classic aftershave. Calming and refreshing I use it in good quantity. And I'm very happy!

Pre: hot rinses and Proraso red preshave
Razor: Universal Whole Blade Shavette
Blade: Bolzano
Soap: Proraso red
AS: Proraso Aftershave

proxy.php

Welllllllll - how did the thick cap Old Type shave?

[SUP]Shhhh ... I like it better than my Fatip, but don't tell anyone or I'll be banished from posting here ;-)[/SUP]

Edit: I just saw your first shave report in another thread

Last edited:
Welllllllll - how did the thick cap Old Type shave?

[SUP]Shhhh ... I like it better than my Fatip, but don't tell anyone or I'll be banished from posting here ;-)[/SUP]

Me too I love My Tech better than Fatip. But just for a hair!
:)

SOTD 8 December 2016
Year 1 Week 19 Day 4

A fantastic soap in very good company. Really l loved a lot this shave thanks to SOTD and all this exceptional shaving stuff.

AS you can notice I'm breaking in my new Omega boar, the ScannaTassi!

Razor: Taylor's Eye Witness
Blade:
Soap: Barrister and Mann Hallows
AS: Clubman Pinaud reserve / Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter

proxy.php

Last edited:
SOTD 9 December 2016
Year 1 Week 19 Day 5

Yes today I had a fantastic all italian Soap& Stuff shave with a Via Barberia from Omega.
Feather Kamisori is great and flie over the whiskers and my skin.
Very happy shave.

(no filtered pic today okay Cal? :) )

Razor: Feather Artists
Blade: Feather PRO
Soap: Via Barberia Fructi Cream
AS: Via Barberia Fructi Skin Serum

proxy.php

SOTD
And another fine (60% :blink:) All Italian Shave. :biggrin1:

Blade: Scottish Perma-Sharp (3)

View attachment 707387

SOTD 9 December 2016

(no filtered pic today okay Cal? :001_smile)
I like all your pics Stefano, filtered or not. :thumbup1:

My pic today is a repeat, but I prefer posts that have pics (even if a bit repetitive). :blush:

Dec 11: Black and White Shave

Lather: Proraso White
Brush: Henri et Victoria 'Sir Henri' badger (22mm/48mm)
Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional [7]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Dopo Barba

Went with a picturesque black and white mainly Italian theme today, and took a picture with my phone for [MENTION=106012]1Cal[/MENTION] to capture the moment.

Every time I use a Proraso soap, I shake my head in disbelief when people judge it as a "mediocre" soap. For me, it stands right up there with the best soaps available.

I had not shaved yesterday, and with my beard, a two day stubble is more difficult than shaving every day. Many/most people find that a 2-day stubble is easier to cut - not me.

The Black Hawk mowed through it all as if it were a single day, and the wider cutting swath meant less strokes. Finished off with the incredible smellz of the Proraso White balm and I'm ready for an afternoon reading on my couch.

proxy.php

Went with a picturesque black and white mainly Italian theme today, and took a picture with my phone for @1Cal to capture the moment.
Thank you Rudy. I love pics (but then don't all kids love pics? :laugh:).

Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional [7]

The Black Hawk mowed through it all as if it were a single day, and the wider cutting swath meant less strokes.
I know the cutting edge length of a standard DE blade is 37mm. What's the cutting edge length of a Feather Artist Club Professional blade please?

I know the cutting edge length of a standard DE blade is 37mm. What's the cutting edge length of a Feather Artist Club Professional blade please?
I was actually comparing the wider Artist Club blade to a standard SE Injector, not a DE, but I wasn't clear.

A standard injector has a 38mm cutting edge (about the same as a DE) while the Artist Club blades are 50mm wide. It was hard for me to get used to the extra width, but now it just feels natural.

A standard injector has a 38mm cutting edge (about the same as a DE) while the Artist Club blades are 50mm wide. It was hard for me to get used to the extra width, but now it just feels natural.
:thumbup1: Thanks for the info Rudy, appreciated.

That's definitely not for me then. Being a bit of a "slim Jim" I sometimes wish my razors/blade-cutting-edges were a tad smaller to navigate all the nooks and crannies.
I guess for me, attempting to use the Artist Club blade would be like bringing in a D11 to clear the driveway. :laugh:

Are this shave as smooth as the shavette? Or probably smoother?

SOTD 12 December 2016
Year 1 Week 20 Day 1

Starting well this week today because it's my lovely wife birthday.

The week starts with a great American Italian shave. Starting with the rich sandalwood of Proraso red.

The rich and the best Tobacco shave of my den (and probably out of it) is always sonni e and rewarding. Slick and moisturizing. Perfect.

Omega Italian flag is my grandad of brushes and after a crazy lodging gave me a stunning rich lather.

Universal Shavette is calling. Bolzano is loaded and fantastic shave is achieved thanks also to the well balanced head.

Ending with my new classic, the Denim Raw Passion and the rich moisturizing Illipe Butter from Saponificio Varesino.

Pre: hot shower and Proraso Red Preshave
Brush: Omega Italian Flag
Razor: Universal Whole Blade Shavette
Blade: Bolzano
Soap: WSP Tobacco
AS: Italian Floid Amber / Saponificio Varesino Illipe Butter

proxy.php

Top Bottom