What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

I've shaved with E's, G's, and I's, and found them all to be pretty comparable in terms of mildness (or lack thereof).

How do the L's and N's compare? For that matter, where on the Adjustable's scale would the G comparatively be?

I can just barely differentiate between the levels of aggressiveness comparing a G with an I. My own E & G seem the same, as do my own I & J Schicks. Whatever the bright yellow one is (M or N ?), it's a toy compared to the other four, it's so difficult to cut whiskers with it. I don't have any adjustable type of Injector.

The yellow-handled one would have been the "Easy Rider" promo piece made in '69. It would have just been a normal L-type, right?

I have an adjustable inbound, so I'll be able to compare blade-clearance apertures between them all. (I'm loath to say I can compare aggressiveness, since that's pretty subjective.)

Today I am back into my injector razors. Can't stay away for some reason

Hydro-Magic with am EverSharp Blade

proxy.php

I was trying to decide on a DE yesterday but spotted a glimmer of gold at the back of the shelf.
Reached for the Schick C2 instead and was rewarded with as close a shave as I've ever had from an injector,
Effortless and satisfying.

Alright I have a bid on eBay for a Pal adjustable, and I'm getting a Schick in a trade pretty soon. Where are you guys getting your blades and what seems to be the best in production? I don't want to go NOS

Can't wait to start injecting! How do they compare to, say, a Micromatic? Just had my first MM shave today and it was intense

Today the mailman dropped off a Clog-Pruf and an Open Comb. I used the Open Comb after bathing it in alcohol to kill any nasties. Very aggressive shave, "spicy" even. Very close. I'll need more practice since my face did burn a bit, but overall it was great.

Can't wait to start injecting! How do they compare to, say, a Micromatic? Just had my first MM shave today and it was intense

An Injector is nowhere near as vicious as an MMOC. Even the most aggressive Injectors (generally considered to be E-types) are much easier to shave with because there is only one angle where an Injector works. Too shallow and the blade leaves the skin. Too open and the blade leaves the skin.

The shave is beautifully close without irritation because you've always shaved with the blade at the correct angle.

It's similar to the Clog-Pruf in some regards, but still only superficially, since the Chinese Schick blades are (IMO) much better than any other SE blade available.

Sounds good to me!
Looks like the blades are expensive, but when you consider them spaced out over a year, it's not so bad.

The blades also last a lot longer than DEs, because they are thicker. Consider twice as long to be a safe bet. Members have told of regularly getting 20+ shaves out of a single blade. I'm on seven shaves with my current blade and it's still fine.

Consider the price of a single cart...or what any of us spends on soaps. :biggrin1:

I guess you would consider the Cobra an injector razor even though it does not use standard injector blades but the longer disposable straight razor blades that are dispensed from an injector package.

proxy.php

Alright I have a bid on eBay for a Pal adjustable, and I'm getting a Schick in a trade pretty soon. Where are you guys getting your blades and what seems to be the best in production? I don't want to go NOS

You might check out any independently owned or mom and pop type drug or grocery stores in your area, none of the large chain stores carry the Schick blades anymore. I have three places within twenty miles of me that carry them, and a couple others that are a bit further away. There is a fairly large chain of drug stores called Family Drug around here that stock the Schick blades if you happen to have any of those near you.

You might check out any independently owned or mom and pop type drug or grocery stores in your area, none of the large chain stores carry the Schick blades anymore. I have three places within twenty miles of me that carry them, and a couple others that are a bit further away. There is a fairly large chain of drug stores called Family Drug around here that stock the Schick blades if you happen to have any of those near you.
There are a few pharmacies around run independently, but most seem to only cater to prescription filling and OTC medicine. Worth a try at any rate.

It'd be nice if there was a store locator for razor blades

Even at my small town local drug store I was able to find a pack for $6CDN, I asked and they will order me in as many as I like, no problem... might have to buy a bulk order if these injectors are as good as you all say they are..... I'm still waiting for my G type schick in the mail, I can't wait:thumbup:

I'll drop into the local mom and pop pharmacy at the end of my street on the way to the post office tomorrow and see what they have. Last time I was in there I did not own an injector razor so would not have noticed if they carried injector blades. They do carry a good selection of Pinaud though :001_smile

Top Bottom