What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

My favorite, a G1 (birth year razor) bit me bad yesterday... Pure operator error. It's always been good to me...but a new blade and inattention... Slice and blood!!

I'll be unshaven for a few days to let it heal...bummer.

My point: injectors are real razors with real blades! Not anywhere close to a cart. Skill required to shave...no squeegeeing.
found this out to my cost yesterday :-( got a few days with the electric now.....

I have an E3 that is one of my favorite injectors, with a nice balance between aggressiveness and smoothness. I was expecting something similar with the E2, but it is much more aggressive.

After using it for the first time the alum block felt like a red hot coal. I've now gotten to where I can get a nearly irritation-free (and extremely close) shave with it, but it demands complete concentration.

I've been all over it with a magnifying glass and everything appears straight and true, and the blade locks in firmly against the stops.

I'm actually awaiting delivery on another E2 that I bought for the sole purpose of seeing if they're all this aggressive. :blink:

--Bob

Update: My second E2 arrived and I have been shaving with it the last couple of days. Surprise! It is nothing like the other E2. While it is still plenty aggressive, it is more refined and not nearly as, well, mean. I was quickly able to find the angle and get irritation-free BBS (or close to it) shaves.

So why the difference? The razors appear to be identical:

$schickE2_1.JPG

The nasty one is on the left. I have examined it thoroughly with a magnifying glass and can find no evidence of bent parts, worn blade stops, or anything else.

$schickE2_2.JPG

This photo is less than ideal, but take a look at the angle of the guard in reference to the blade holder. It is noticeably steeper, a little more than 90 degrees on the left razor - the rough one. On the newer razor it is less than 90 degrees.

Why the difference in otherwise identical razors? As I mentioned, I have closely examined it and it doesn't appear to have been bent or dropped.

Whatever the cause, it certainly makes a difference in the shave.

BTW, the newer E2 is quickly becoming my favorite Schick. :thumbup1:

--Bob

Update: My second E2 arrived and I have been shaving with it the last couple of days. Surprise! It is nothing like the other E2. While it is still plenty aggressive, it is more refined and not nearly as, well, mean. I was quickly able to find the angle and get irritation-free BBS (or close to it) shaves.

View attachment 593275

The nasty one is on the left. I have examined it thoroughly with a magnifying glass and can find no evidence of bent parts, worn blade stops, or anything else.

View attachment 593277

This photo is less than ideal, but take a look at the angle of the guard in reference to the blade holder. It is noticeably steeper, a little more than 90 degrees on the left razor - the rough one. On the newer razor it is less than 90 degrees.

Why the difference in otherwise identical razors? As I mentioned, I have closely examined it and it doesn't appear to have been bent or dropped.

--Bob

I have never noticed that one Bob...Good one ...I will take note of that....:thumbup1:

View attachment 593275

View attachment 593277

--Bob

I had exactly the same experience with my first E and subsequent Es. The first was very touchy, and the others were much better behaved. I couldn't find anything wrong with the first one either. Maybe both of ours were assembled by the same worker. :w00t:

The E Type models vary very much in my experience ....The Canadian E Types are a different range again from the USA made models..I have a Canadian Type E with a Black Handle with no lugs on the side the spring and its the most aggressive and smoothest E type that I have ever came across...This thing is like an OCMM on steroids....On the other hand I have another Canadian E Type with a so called G Type Seamless handle that is as mild as a later G type....How does that figure ?....:w00t:

Its so hard to pin these variations down but they were definite manufacturing changes rather than issues with quality control in my experience anyway....:001_cool:

Billy

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Had a banner day at the local Flea Market today. Among a bunch of GEMs, Durham Duplexes, and a Valet Autostrop, I found these Injector razors. My plan was to find a couple more Injectors after my really great shave with my Schick Stick the other day. I think I did pretty well. Mission accomplished.

Since I am a noob at Injectors with a whole one week of experience, please let me know if I have this correctly...

Left to right: I-1, E-3, J-2, L-1, Easy Rider Male

proxy.php

That seems about right, except that your E3 looks more like a G6 to me--the one with the translucent plastic handle. It would be easier to say if you had a picture of the front of the razor.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
That seems about right, except that your E3 looks more like a G6 to me--the one with the translucent plastic handle. It would be easier to say if you had a picture of the front of the razor.

Here you go. I would be interested to know how aggressive this one is. I am a mostly mild shaver. Also, I assume the other 4 are super mild. Is that accurate?

proxy.php

Here you go. I would be interested to know how aggressive this one is. I am a mostly mild shaver. Also, I assume the other 4 are super mild. Is that accurate?

proxy.php
As Stevie said that's a Type G 6....Its the most aggressive out of the bunch that you have there, but I would say is about centre right of middle of the road....They are not that aggressive, easy to use and smooth shavers...:thumbup1:.

Billy

Last edited:
Quite a day's work. Congrats on the scores.

Had a banner day at the local Flea Market today. Among a bunch of GEMs, Durham Duplexes, and a Valet Autostrop, I found these Injector razors. My plan was to find a couple more Injectors after my really great shave with my Schick Stick the other day. I think I did pretty well. Mission accomplished.

Since I am a noob at Injectors with a whole one week of experience, please let me know if I have this correctly...

Left to right: I-1, E-3, J-2, L-1, Easy Rider Male

proxy.php

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
^^^^
Wow, just wow!

That self-described injector noob now has 5x what I have.

Dont forget that my first injector I got last week was the coveted Schick Stick! So maybe I have six times? :)

Thanks guys. I am in the process of cleaning them all now. I will probably shave with another one tomorrow or Sunday. So far they are all looking to be in very good to excellent condition.

Finally got everything cleaned up. After three weeks of injector shaving I have:

PAL adjustable, G8, J3, and L1. Can't wait to use all of them!

$injector razors.jpg

I've just starting using Injectors in the past week or so. I have an E2 which is mine and after the current blade is finished I'm going to use an incredible looking D Type my friend has loaned me.

I totally see the similarity with carts. The shaving angle is obviously very similar. That's where it ends however. The E Type gives one of the best shaves I've ever experienced. It's only slightly bettered by the 1912 and in fact, it has certain advantages over the SE razors.

I've just starting using Injectors in the past week or so. I have an E2 which is mine and after the current blade is finished I'm going to use an incredible looking D Type my friend has loaned me.

I totally see the similarity with carts. The shaving angle is obviously very similar. That's where it ends however. The E Type gives one of the best shaves I've ever experienced. It's only slightly bettered by the 1912 and in fact, it has certain advantages over the SE razors.

I have a D Type and its a very smooth and efficient shaver...One of the smoothest Schick's ever made in my experience.... :w00t:

Enjoy....:thumbup1:

Billy

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Is that 3rd one a J-3 as noted? Or a J-2. According to the identification website, the J-3 should have a gold head and a hydromatic handle. Yours looks like the J-2 I have.

By the way, what does the hydromatic handle do anyway? I have not yet seen one in person yet.

Finally got everything cleaned up. After three weeks of injector shaving I have:

PAL adjustable, G8, J3, and L1. Can't wait to use all of them!

View attachment 593739

Top Bottom