What's new

The Iceman Cometh PIF - for the menthol addicted

What's cooler than being cool? ICE COLD.

Okay. So our local "chapter" of B&B meets once a month and somewhere along the way I heard from whavens something along the lines of "I used to work for Phillip Morris in the cut room and when they dumped in the menthol it would cover your body.... I've never used a shaving soap with enough menthol."

Challenge accepted.

What has come forth from my lab (read: kitchen) is what I consider to be my most diabolical, icy, freezing cold concoction yet to date. Its name? The Ticking Lime Bomb.

In a combination of 10 VdH pucks, two large tubes of C.O. Bigelow, lime essential oil and a butt-ton of menthol crystals, I have created something so frosty cold that I don't believe it ethical to produce anything colder. This is a limited edition run of 12 jars of TLB. After keeping one and giving them away at our last meetup, I am down to 4 jars. Three of these are up for grabs in this PIF.

Here are the rules... you must reply with a suggestion for my next batch of soap and what its name will be. Please note: I LOVE PUNS. This WILL NOT be selected randomly. This will be biased as hell. The 3 winners wil be chosen based on how interesting their idea for the next batch of soap is, and how much I like the name. Each of the 3 winners will be sent a jar of TLB at no cost. This is open to ANYONE on B&B, ConUS or otherwise. The first place winner will have their soap idea made and named as well as receiving a jar of the next batch as well.

This PIF will end Sunday March 3rd at 12:00am EST.

Good luck everyone!

*PLEASE NOTE - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, IRRITATION, ALLERGIC REACTION OR ANY OTHER ADVERSE AFFECTS FROM THE USE OF TICKING LIME BOMB (TLB)

$prep.jpg$melting.jpg$its alive.jpg$straight dope.jpg$cooling.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Next soap : The Club, Man! (Shaving soap for the sophisticated caveman)

VdH is a great base, add in plenty of Clubman and Brut scent and you should be good to go.

As a fellow traveling man, I think your next soap should be a spicy concoction: maybe a cumin/camphor/peppermint mix. Something that can really knock a guy down. Name: "The 3rd Degree"

Safe travels, brother.

The Speakeasy

Base: Stirling Naked and Smooth Natural Tallow Shaving Soap

Whiskey scent comprised of the following:
• Vanilla essential oil
• Orange essential oil
• Cardamon essential oil
• Cinnamon essential oil
• Clove essential oil
• Nutmeg essential oil
• Jack Daniels to taste

and

• Tobacco essential oil

Last edited:
Since March brings the changing of the seasons....

Am I ready for Spring? "You Bet Your Lemongrass!"

Lets See, How about The "Cherry Bomb"
Mix Some Cherry Essential Oil Or Fragrance oil, And Several VDH Uncented Pucks.

Personal note: I Would love something like this.

Hmmm, I have a whole case of essential oils suspended in PG from using E-cigarettes.... I might have to try this... it looks awesome.

somehow this is the exact bottle I ended up with and my opinion is as follows:

the only thing I have ever put on my face that is colder than this is spring water straight from a mountain spring in pennsylvania. I am pretty sure this approaches the temperature needed to freeze the human skull.

I am jealous. That sounds awesome!

Then by all means, enter! It's awesome stuff and suuuuuper icy. I might just use it tonight come to think of it....

I've got a few in mind

- Raiders of the lost Arko: Lemon scented, tallow based, possibly stick form, but smells a helluva lot better
- The Gladiator - Sandalwood scented...get it gladiators/sandals...nevermind
- Castro's Beard Remover - Pull in scents typically found in bay rums.
- Ghandi's Revenge - Spice it up with scents from India, hints of curry come to mind.

Ice cold! Sounds great. I'm in!

My thought for the next experiment:

Tee Thyme: Fresh cut grass and herbaceous thyme. A bit of menthol and citrus to round out the soap. Grassy, herbaceous, and crisp - reminiscent of the cold morning tee-offs just as the sun rises.

VdH seems like a great base for any concoction soap. Add in something Arlington-esque with some thyme EO, much less bergamot EO, and a mild dose of menthol crystals. Tea-tree EO would make it even more puny (tee/tea) while adding some nice skin-healing properties.

Top Bottom