What's new

The Growing PIF

The PIF:
Well, I'm going to be hitting 500 posts sometime soon and wanted to start a PIF for that. Wasn't sure how to best do it, so I thought of a way that I don't think has been done before.

I'm going to start with listing one thing, and those that are interested can jump in.

Every few days I will add something else to the PIF and some people that maybe weren't interested at the start, may get interested as it grows and join. For long-time shavers, it probably won't be that exciting as I am fairly new myself and don't have a lot of exotic stuff, but, we'll see what happens.

The PIF will end the day I hit 500 posts. I have no idea how long that will be. I've done 50 posts in a day and I've done 1-2 posts many days. This could be open for a week or for a month.

The Rules:
1. This will be open to everyone, everywhere.
2. To enter the PIF, you must post a youtube link to one of your favorite songs or, if youtube doesn't have it, then you can just post the artist and song name. You must tell me what you like about the song (or artist).
3. The winner will be chosen by me. It may be because of your post count, it may be because I've seen you around the boards and because you need to grow you shave den, it may be because I like your avatar, it may be because I like the song you posted. I don't know what will be the determining factor.
4. The winner will be chosen the day that I hit 500 posts here.

The Prize:
1. One beautiful stick of Arko. Still sealed and never used.
2. One Tweezerman Badger Brush. Sheds a bit, but makes good lather. Only used 3 times.
3. One still sealed pack of 5 Derby blades.
4. One opened pack of 9 Merkur Super blades.
5. Two oz (approx) of Kiss My Face cream.
6. One new puck of Williams (sorry, not vintage)
7. One new tube of Bigelow (1.7 oz)
8. One new puck of Van Der Hagen Luxury Unscented Soap
9. 1 oz (approx) of Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
10. 1 oz (approx) of Prorasso Red Cream
11. 2 oz (approx) of Caswell Massey 1752 Cream
12. One new stick of Speick Soap.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
not in... but i like the rules of this PIF. i wonder if there will be a specific genera that wet-shavers lean toward.

I'm in. Can't get a YouTube link right now; I'm on an iPhone. But, the song I'd like to throw in is Nuclear Summer by Youngblood Brass Band. Cool stuff. It's something different, and a complete escape from the norm of music today. No guitar, no electric bass; all brass goodness with a saxophone thrown in. There's dynamics that are ridiculous, that you rarely get in music today. Goes down to whisper quiet all the way to roaringly loud. The band I very flexible, as they play things in the jazzy style all the way up to hip hop/rap. I have a real admiration for the group.

Anyways, that's my entry. YMMV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGn8_g_fG1g

Savatage is a great metal band from the 80's ( now reformed as Trans Siberian Orchestra ). This song "Believe" is one of my favorite songs... I think, in part, because of the emotion that was put into it.

oh, and while this is a great PIF, please don't count me as in...

Last edited:
Gaucho - Dave Matthews Band

Why I like the song:
I think everyone is sitting around and waiting for everyone else (God included) to make the World a better place. We all have to make the World that we want. We are capable of greatness - we have done it before.

Why I like DMB:
Their lyrics are my favorite part of their music. Their lyrics in their early work served as an additional instrument and meshed with the music and became something greater. Now their lyrics are pronounced and profound. I like their produced studio albums and their Live albums equally. I love going to their concerts.

"We gotta do much more than believe if wanna see the world change
We gotta do much more than believe if we really wanna change things
We gotta do much more than believe, go on try it, go on try it
We gotta do much more than believe if we wanna see the world change "

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in! Two Step by DMB can't be beat! I LOVE their energy and stage presence. I've been watching/listening to DMB since I was a teenager. I've seen him live 7 or 8 times. It's the coolest concert experience ever, everybody is so chill and relaxed.

Jack Johnson - Sleep Through the Static

Why I like this song:
Lyrically I really enjoy - great themes - great message. I like the word play especially of Shock and Awe -> Shock and awful -> Shock, an awful thing thing to make people think. I understand why our foreign policy is the way it is - but the human in me wishes that things were more diplomatic.

"just cash in your blanks for little toy tanks
Learn how to use them, then abuse them and choose them
Over conversations relationships are overrated."

Why I like Jack Johnson:
I think he is one of the most under-rated musicians of our time. Lyrically he is spot on, his message is great, and he is a guy that really get it. Some songs are fun, some are serious - but they all have a good vibe to them.

Maroon 5 Medley - Victoria Justice & Max Schneider

It's a perfect mashup of maroon 5 songs! The way they the lyrics are shown in the MV is amazingly creative! Awesome!

I'm feeling a little goofy so I'll just leave this here. I live right in the middle of Amish country so this hits close to home... literally. :lol:

one of my all time favorite bands that no longer exists. I saw them live twice right before this album was released.

A bit different from the others, but definitely incredibly beautiful music:

And the story behind it is very interesting too. For example, Bach was hired to compose this piece for an insomniac, so he could get to sleep listening to it. How, you ask ? He had a pianist living with him, and he was hired to play whenever requested. The pianist name was Goldberg.

I'm in.
This is my favorite band and proves that old guys can still play Rock-n-Roll.

I'm in!

http://youtu.be/EzgGTTtR0kc

The song is "one" by Metallica. It's one of my favorite songs. It's about a man who was injured by an explosion in war and lost his arms, legs, and ability to speak. He's lying in a hospital bed trying to kill himself, but there's nothing he can do. It sounds morbid, but it's a very deep song and sounds great. Its one of the few metal songs that could bring a man to tears by watching the video. it sure gives me chills. Also, it has one of the coolest guitar solos ever!

Btw, I STILL haven't tried arko...been meaning to pull the trigger, but haven't been running to do so, because I'm still content wth my TOBS. Hopefully this will be my chance!

I'm really enjoying the songs so far. I decided to throw in a 2nd item today. A Tweezerman Badger brush. Has been used only 3 times, but it does shed a bit. I'm getting a Whipped Dog and the Tweezerman is just sitting around, so someone else can enjoy it.

Top Bottom