What's new

The Goods! Straight Razor Hobbyist Gallery

Here is one that has been sitting on my bench for about 3-4 months gradually getting worked on. I finally finished it up this past week. Really don't think I'll be doing much of the heel notch in the future as sanding that is a PITA.

This one is a covered tang 7/8 Non-folder with red box elder burl and decorative pins. This entire razor was just a PITA from the get go, which is why it probably took me this long to finish. In the end, I'm happy with how it came out. The covered tang I made actually flutes out instead of tapers in like a traditional razor. Was hoping this would add a little weight and balance.

This one is easy to strop and handle in the handle vs some other non-folders I've used.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

8/8 Spanish point with double thumb notch
Ivory G10 scales, ss lined horn wedge with domed washers
steel is O1

Attachments

• $_MG_7990.jpg
    $_MG_7990.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 500
  • $_MG_7991_2.jpg
    $_MG_7991_2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 502
  • $_MG_7992_3.jpg
    $_MG_7992_3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 501
  • $_MG_7993_2.jpg
    $_MG_7993_2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 500
  • $_MG_7994_2.jpg
    $_MG_7994_2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 505

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Wow, I really like how that one looks with a shorter blade. Or is it just that the 8/8 makes it look shorter?

Shortybone.

2 1/8" length blade. Beveled squarepoint, thumbnotch, SynthBone lined scales.

Short and sweet.

I would like to add that, having received this shorty, the workmanship is really good. It looks good, and it shaves wonderfully. The only thing I'd modify would be to add some jimping on the bottom thumbnotches while slightly rounding the corners there - the sharp angle rubs a little on my fingers while stropping - most likely my technique, not really a problem.

My point is, if you're looking at this topic and like one of the razors displayed, buy it, you won't regret it. Seraphim was great to deal with, he packed the razor well, and it was really really sharp.

Thanks Seraphim !

I would like to add that, having received this shorty, the workmanship is really good. It looks good, and it shaves wonderfully. The only thing I'd modify would be to add some jimping on the bottom thumbnotches while slightly rounding the corners there - the sharp angle rubs a little on my fingers while stropping - most likely my technique, not really a problem.

My point is, if you're looking at this topic and like one of the razors displayed, buy it, you won't regret it. Seraphim was great to deal with, he packed the razor well, and it was really really sharp.

Thanks Seraphim !

You're describing the JimpNotch. Those only come on the Dee-luxe models...

attachment.php

Recently became a head shaver.

Carts work pretty good up there.

So, I modded a Gillette Sensor I found in the back of the medicine cabinet.

Stainless steel, 65g

before and after

Attachments

• $IMG_1699.jpg
    $IMG_1699.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 713
  • $P1020579.jpg
    $P1020579.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,047
Here is a razor that was planned to be around 7/8-8/8.
At which point I "tin foiled" the edge http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/308301-Tin-Foil.
So I took it back to the grinder to get back to solid steel.
Also took it from the original french point to a round point

So here it is, 13/16 round point with a long monkey tail.
Scales are black G10 with a tru-stone wedge.

Attachments

• $IMG_6135_3.jpg
    $IMG_6135_3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 402
  • $IMG_6136_2.jpg
    $IMG_6136_2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 403
  • $IMG_6137_2.jpg
    $IMG_6137_2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 404
  • $IMG_6139_2.jpg
    $IMG_6139_2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Not sure if you remember this gem that you made a few years ago, but it is still my go to Straight.

Freaky Freddie Fauz Frameback w/Paduak Scales...

Attachments

• $photo (18).JPG
    $photo (18).JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 365
I remember all of my straights and regret selling every one.

MY BABY!!!!

It has been taken care of very well over the past 2 years and still looks like new even after 100s of shaves. I sold off most of my collection because they were not being used.

Top Bottom