What's new

The Converter is Empty

Noodler's Turquoise in a Parker 51. It was a sample gifted to me. Nice but I need to use what I have before getting any more ink.

On a sad note... I was wondering why my Wearever Pennant wasn't working taking up ink well. I hadn't used it in a couple of years and wanted to give it a go. Guess I should have checked to see if I ever replaced the sac. :blink: Now I remember why I put it away. :lol:

Stopped using fountain pens for the bullet journal in favor of a Lamy Swift with a fine Jucy rollerball. Recently finished my first refill.
18C46B9E-CBDC-448A-A51D-C0E4156CE331.jpeg

On the fountain pen side, the TWBSI eco will be ready for a new fill in a couple of days.

Scheaffer Skrip Blue (Vintage)
Black Forest Fountain Pen Fine Nib Classic Design with Converter and Metal Pen Case Set by Asvine

This combination worked well. The vintage Skript is about the same as the modern.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The Wing Sung 3008 demonstrator finally ran out of Diamine Macassar, so that has been flushed, and my Baoer 388 has had a Cult Pens Deep Dark Green cartridge fitted to replace it.

Trying to use up the Diamine Green-Black in my Pilot Prera F. The ink flow using that combo is off. Not sure if my Prera is clogging or if the ink is causing the issue.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm having some dry pen issues today too. Sargasso Sea in one of my Parker IMs. I think this is the first time this particular pen has had a full fill though, and I can't recall if I pulled the nib and feed to clean any factory residue off. So I don't know if it's new pen syndrome, or just not a great combo.

I'm having some dry pen issues today too. Sargasso Sea in one of my Parker IMs. I think this is the first time this particular pen has had a full fill though, and I can't recall if I pulled the nib and feed to clean any factory residue off. So I don't know if it's new pen syndrome, or just not a great combo.
How do you like Diamine Sargasso Sea? I might pick that one up next time I order Diamine inks. I am several fills into my Prera and I have not really had any issue before. Not sure but, I probably will send my pen through the ultrasonic cleaner before the next fill.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
How do you like Diamine Sargasso Sea? I might pick that one up next time I order Diamine inks.

I like the base colour, but in a medium nibbed wet pen, it can sheen. I like consistency in inks and nibs, so sheening (or shading for that matter), is not a welcome attribute to me. I'm hoping that one of my fine nibbed pens will give me the same intensity and depth of blue, but without that colour change anomaly. So far, my favourite Diamine blues are Sapphire Blue and Midnight, although I quite like the purple leaning Bilberry too.

Last edited:
I like the base colour, but in a medium nibbled wet pen, it can sheen. I like consistency in inks and nibs, so sheening (or shading for that matter), is not a welcome attribute to me. I'm hoping that one of my fine nibbled pens will give me the same intensity and depth of blue, but without that colour change anomaly. So far, my favourite Diamine blues are Sapphire Blue and Midnight, although I quite like the purple leaning Bilberry too.
Yeah I have seen in reviews that Sargasso Blue can sheen, but I don't really mind that though. As far as blue goes I do like Majestic Blue, which does sheen quite a bit. I actually have Sapphire Blue in my pen right here and it is a great utilitarian blue for work. Behaves well. Bilberry is one of my favorites as well, together with Diamine's Monboddo's Hat which also is a great purple.
-Boris

Top Bottom