What's new

The colder weather is coming. Seasonal soaps?

RR Tuscan Oud
PAA Ciderhouse 5
Proraso Red
B&M Dickens & Nocturne
Nuavia Red
Tiki Pumpkin Lager
WK Monaco Royale
Trumpers Spanish Leather
Chiseled Face Civet
H&V La Poire Francais

My two favorite cold weather soaps thus far are:

Haslingers schafsmilch: Mildy scented, top notch postshave

RazoRock Puro: Amazing tobacco scent, and a surprisingly good soap for the money.

I just got in some Stirling samples today, Haverford, Agar, Arkadia, and Sharped dressed man. I was hoping one of them would make a good fall soap, but I'm a little turned off by how strongly scented they are. I'll let them air out for a few weeks and try again. I have hopes for the Agar (oud forward scent).

B&M Terror is a great cold weather scent. I'll be using it all fall/winter, despite the added coolant. It really isn't that cold, anyway.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Nothing to do with marketing.... too old to be a target market for anything anyway.

I just prefer "warmer" soaps in colder weather. I LOVE Arko... but it stays on the shelf until April/May. MWF is going to be in heavy rotation.
I was just trying to be humorous because I've never thought of using different scented shaving soaps according to the season or weather. I just use what I like and works for me regardless of season. 😁

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My good man @Lightcs1776 gave me some Stirling "Christmas Eve" last year I believe in the end of Fall/beginning of Winter.
It really does smell like "Dessert at Grandma's House" to me!

B&M Vespers (Winter)
PdP 63 (arriving whenever the mailman figures his sh*t out 🤪)
Bath and Body Works Graphite (has some undertones of leather)
Siliski Santa’s Pipe. Marketed for winter, but the spicy, leafy goodness makes it a Fall scent for me.
4C118A11-40CB-4445-93E9-6F660FCE44AC.jpeg

HaHa I thought this was about body soaps silly me. Here in the Dakotas winters are long and harsh. The furnace running 24/7 and days on end of -0 degree temps really dries out your skin. Dove Winter Care with extra moisturizers is my usual choice. As far as shaving soap goes it will be the same as always, DR Harris Windsor. My wife loves the smell.

When the dead of winter hits, there's only one soap I turn to for a great shave, and that's Mitchell's Wool Fat. The Fat loves the cold. It laughs at the wind as it tries to sting your cheeks, and swaddles you in it's lanolin blanket.

In all seriousness, between cold winds outdoors and dry heated air indoors, the Fat really does a great job of taking care of your skin in the winter.

I didn't read through the entire thread, so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Southern Witchcrafts "Druantia" is a tremendous fall/winter soap. A warm scent and very moisturizing (the matching AS is excellent, too).

This Fall and Winter, I'll be rotating (super lathered with MWF or TOBS Sandalwood soap): GFT Spanish Leather, TOBS Sandalwood, tobacco leaf and Mr. Taylor. In the Spring I go with TOBS lavender and rose, MdC Fougere, and GFT Rose and in the summer, I'll go with citrus heavy ones like TOBS St James, Eton College, anything lime and DR Harris Windsor (also in the Spring and mid September to mid October).

I have some year round ones that I'll use during the transitional months like Cyril Salter French Vetiver and DR Harris Windsor.

My Favorites: a Kilo of Vito's Red, w coco and of Coarse A Kilo of Cella
For Bach Up: Arko stick (shaved & bowl pressed) I forgot, these are my year round soaps
Another I forgot. Our local grocery store now carries VDH Deluxe, I'll have to get a few.

I didn't read through the entire thread, so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Southern Witchcrafts "Druantia" is a tremendous fall/winter soap. A warm scent and very moisturizing (the matching AS is excellent, too).
Druantia seems more like a fall scent than a winter scent to me. Kind of like a damp forest floor after a rain

Top Bottom