What's new

The colder weather is coming. Seasonal soaps?

Sol
WCS has both Siliski balms and post shave in all their scents, including Santa's Pipe, if you are looking for a coordinating after shave. I have the C&F Santa's Workshop balm, but do not own the Siliski aftershave products.

You could also get away with a vetiver, leather or sandalwood aftershave if it was appealing to you. One all purpose aftershave I love is Helan Naturals Vetiver and Bay Rum aftershave lotion (which is the splash). They also market a balm and EDT in very similar looking packaging so beware if you go that route that you choose the one you want. That scent is a very well balanced accord and not overpowering at all.
Sold our on WCS. I’ll check their own store. Was wondering how this scent would pair with Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods....

Tabac
AOS Sakdalwood (tallow)
Stirling Autumn Glory
PdP 63
All Fine Accoutrements soaps
Jeeves of Hudson St
Haslinger Schaafmilch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about aftershave scents? Just got Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods. Great scent; not tobacco-y as I’d like for a “cold weather” scent. Any spicier scents which might contain patchouli, vetiver, or tobacco?

As I have been getting older, the kids are grown and gone, the big house and land has all been sold and looking ahead a feww years to retirement, traveling and just generally downsizing, simplifying and making the golden years of my life more expedient and sufficient.

I have been focusing on minimalizing the shave den the last few years, but also plan to stay very seasonal with my shave soaps. I spent this summer 3017'ing the last of some Arko and this fall and winter probably 3017'ing the last parts of a hard puck of L' Occitane Cade, my permanent rotation of seasonal soaps from then on out will be,

Summer: Proraso Green
Fall: Tabac
Winter: Haslinger Schafmilch
Spring: La Toja

I used to have and use 30 or so soaps and creams and have spent a few years finally getting down close to these four seasonal soaps.

I look forward to getting to this point, simple good rotation. And retirement some day :001_rolle

My simple seasonal rotation might look like:
Spring Haslinger Aloe (or another haslinger floral)
Summer PDP sage
Fall Cade
Winter proraso blue

Got a few soaps to get through and a good number of years working, but it’s out there.

A real nice combination is the RR Santa Maria del Fiore - both the soap and the AS. Great tobacco scent...used this today!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Using the same all year round, no special soaps for me for either cold or warm weather.

I just ordered Stirling’s Agar on a whim as it resembles my current favorite cologne . Thought to myself , why not ?

Penhaligon's Sartorial
MdC Fouère
Barrister and Mann Leviathan
Mike's Natural Pine & Cedarwood
JabonMan Eufros Sandalwood
Wholly Kaw King of Oud, Project Leather
Truefitt & Hill Apsley
D.R. Harris Windsor, Sandalwood
Oleo Soapworks Old Orchard Cider

+2 on Trumpers Spanish Leather

Also, B&M Leviathan, mostly any Eufros soap, Sandalwood or leather scents.

For Christmas, Siliski Santa's Pipe, Cooper & French Santa's Workshop, B&M Vespers and T&S Merry are all good.
Big PLUS ONE on Siliski Santa’s Pipe. Very prominent note is honeyed tobacco; smelled like I was in a Cuban cigar shop. Would consider this a “cold weather” scent, not just Christmas. The shave was super smooth; 3rd day on a Shark Super Stainless blade, the shave was as close as day 1 on the same blade going against the grain with TOBS Sandalwood. You have made a “soap guy” out of me; bye-bye creams!

Big PLUS ONE on Siliski Santa’s Pipe. Very prominent note is honeyed tobacco; smelled like I was in a Cuban cigar shop. Would consider this a “cold weather” scent, not just Christmas. The shave was super smooth; 3rd day on a Shark Super Stainless blade, the shave was as close as day 1 on the same blade going against the grain with TOBS Sandalwood. You have made a “soap guy” out of me; bye-bye creams!

Fantastic, happy that you enjoy it! And I agree, easily more than just Christmas. I usually stretch my "Christmas" soaps to at least early to mid February.

I had been eyeing "Back to School" by Summer Break Soaps due to the appealing description and ended up snagging an essentially new set on the BST. Smells like wet leaves, hay, with just a bit of dirt. I mean that in the best possible way. It's a warm and relaxing scent, like fall air on a farm. A worthy addition and glad I picked it up - this is also the last year for this scent's run per the artisan. Great base too if you've never tried the brand.

First Snow remains my #1 winter time treasure.

Top Bottom