What's new

The best Lord blade?

I get a week's worth of shaves out of a Lord Platinum Blade. I like them.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

For me it is a "three-and out" blade, but those shaves are pleasingly close and three shaves on a blade is perfectly fine imho.

Recently, I tried a bunch of blades from the Rapira factory, and one - the Platinum Lux - came out the clear winner. Now, it’s time to move onto another budget favorite: Lord blades. Like Rapira blades, these are in the $10-13 per 100 blade range, and are a favorite among budget-conscious shavers.

In this group:

Lord Super Chrome
Lord Platinum Class

Lord Super Stainless
Lord Super Stainless (classic)
Big Ben Super Stainless
Racer
Rainbow

Who’s going to be the winner, this time?

The results will appear in this thread. Stay tuned!

Rainbows work very well for me.

Shark Super Chrome's are my go to blade from Lord LTD... I get 5 great shaves per blade and could probably get several more, buy why stretch something that costs so little!!

However, no Lord blades are as good as the best from the St. Petersburg factory.
I place Lord blades as very average middle of the road products. Nothing wrong with this because their prices reflect as much.

I think everything from the Gillette PPI factory (except maybe the Sputnik), is a cut above above if the Lord DE blades.

This can also be expected, due to most of the PPI blades being higher in price.

My opinion has changed recently since switching to my Ti Blackbird and find the Shark SS works best in it with the Super Star 2nd and Shark SC 3rd...

View attachment 568545

Was browsing a local drugstore chain killing time waiting to go elsewhere. So this on shelf. My first experience with RAD. Couldn't pass it up a US$4.39+tax. It is a three piece razor. The head and safety bar resemble a Merkur 38C. Is anyone familiar with it?
That’s the Lord L6, a Merkur clone. At that price, an incredible value.

An even better shave is the Lord L5, no. 122. It’s their Tech clone and it outshaves every DE in my den.

Paired with Lord Plats, these are outstanding performers.

Top Bottom